The International Thread

Where In The World Are You?

• Total voters
So there is a Central America??!?! You lot have got me so confused! :lol:

Soph all I can say is, I am glad I dont have Geography, else i'd be in trouble :lol: But at the moment i'm ill but praising the lord that I have my french oral next friday rather than the thursday which is my birthday :D

I believe Central America is a region. Not a continent. It's a CONTINENT poll people! :p There's only 7 continents in the world (at the moment) so stop making more up to confuse me! :lol:
Poor Liffy worked hard on here geography :lol:
I've just got brains :cool: *hides encyclopedia*

This might sound a little dumb to americans but isn't there just two 'parts' to the US!?!
Hehe yes! :p
^^ HAHA Nat not good at your geography are you there North, South and Central America so yes there's three I believe...
You lie!

Liffy - Yep, I just want your artwork!...heehee but seriously you need to come back to the threads!...
See? What I tell ya? (And I haven't been iconing lately...too busy being depressed :p )
But at the moment i'm ill but praising the lord that I have my french oral next friday rather than the thursday which is my birthday :D
One of my previous birthdays was during an InfoTech prac exam - woo I was singing happy birthday to myself as the creepy examiner went around :lol:

Well I am in North America. United States - Michigan to be exact. I do agree - it has been so much fun to "meet" so many people from all over the world.

Liffy - I was wondering where you have been!

I
See? What I tell ya? (And I haven't been iconing lately...too busy being depressed :p )

Hey, I thought you were over it!...You need to start making icons again and you need to get over it okay?!....Being depressed is not a good thing!..

p.s. you need to update Kat on what happened to you last week! :p she's a bit clueless....(yeah I didn't tell anyone)...

One of my previous birthdays was during an InfoTech prac exam - woo I was singing happy birthday to myself as the creepy examiner went around :lol:

HAHA - you know your so funny....but I bet you probably got told off for singing

Haha, I love geography! Yes, Central America is a region, not a continent and Australasia refers to Australia, NZ and nearby islands, so Liffy is correct. I remember taking a geography test on Africa way back when. The map was blank and I had to name all the countries in the continent as well as the capitals. Talk about getting a headache. :lol:

It's nice chatting with people around the world. :D

Liffy - I was wondering where you have been!
I was missed! :D Hee I feel so loved! I was being emo because certain writers were behaving like cowdung. But yes, I'm overr it. :) And I'm baaaaack!
she's a bit clueless....
When is she not? :confused:

HAHA - you know your so funny....but I bet you probably got told off for singing
Well....I had to tone it down when he passed by and gave me the evil eye, but I did get to hum to it when I had to run to the printer! LOL.

Haha, I love geography! Yes, Central America is a region, not a continent and Australasia refers to Australia, NZ and nearby islands, so Liffy is correct.
Oh thank goodness. I knew I wasn't being dumb again. :p

About Australasia, my bad, sorry, thought there was not an Asia option and as English is not my mother tongue I messed up.

About Central America, well, it's not in my mind, it's the central region in America and it includes: Panama, Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador, Belize and Costa Rica. Yeah, it's not a continent, but it's a region of America like south and north America that were options on the poll.

^Actually South and North America, although they are "regions" they're also names of the actual continents, whilst Central America isn't. I think that's why it's a tad bit confusing. Sorry! :p

First the weather now the land :lol: But at least I now know all about American regions/continents...well I hope so! Am I right in thinking that Brazil is what makes up most of South America?!?!

Well, I thought I was going crazy but after some research I realized that there are different points of view about how many continents there are depending of the convection and models. When I was at primary school I was taught that there were 5 (America being only one and subdivided in 3 regions) + Antarctica. But I see there are people that divide America in two.
So there can be from 4 to 7 continents and, I guess, in different countries they teach different things.:wtf:

we too had 6 - no North and South America, but maybe they changed it in the mean time. it has been a while since I went to school and took geography

^Yeah, I read about that too. Different countries teach different models, but I believe most english-speaking countries now teach the 7-continent model.

If you read here (scroll down a bit), it'll tell you all about the different models and which countries prefer which. I haven't done geography in a looong time, but I think I was taught the 7-continent model. *shrugs*

Haha - and yes, it IS confusing - we can't even decide how many continents there are! :lol:

^You evil person! :D

Actually, I have a friend who is currently living in Antarctica...
Really? Do tell...are there still colonies there? I thought they were abandoned or something - or was that me watching too many sci-fi movies again. :confused:

Back