"The Happy Place" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 11, 2008.

1. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Maybe they should have named the episode "The Unhappy Place." :p Or maybe they were being sarcastic and ironic. :p

2. Half

Half CSI Level Two

"I'm too tough to die."

That is what's bad. For serious.

And when I saw the wheelchair, the first thing I thought was KARMA!

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

This was pretty lame. It seemed to be all over the place. Too much stuff packed into one episode. And not very interesting stuff either.

4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

It was worse than bad, the only good case was the one Grissom had because it was the only one that was believable, plus it had an unexpected twist. I was so glad to see Sara leave at the end and it really made me angry that Greg was only used so it could lead to more Sara melodrama! Sorry but the Greg deserves better, Eric deserves better. Sara was back to her annoying, dark, whiny self. I reason I never cared for her in the first place and have not missed her.

As you know I have made my dislike for GSR pretty clear (but not overly so) so the only scene I liked was when we were given the impression that Grissom wanted Sara to go. This ep was nothing more than more GSR drama and nonsense, just another example that the writers lost their way.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

That was a boring episode. None of the stories were interesting at all. I really hope it picks up next week. Maybe the new girl will liven it up some.

I agree with you, Wojo about the Sara bit.

6. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I don't know how many times i slapped my face from cheesy parts...my face hurts now!

If Grissom doesn't dump Sara, then he is NOW the most pathetic man on tv.

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I don't know. I'm already dreading it.

Tonight I felt like I lost 45 minutes of my life. I never watched a CSI episode in my life where I actually wanted to turn off the tv half way through.

The storyline was barely there. The second one creeped me out and the Sara one made no sense at all. We were supposed to see Nick thinking he sees Warrick, but that obviously was a rumour or it got cut out to make room for Saradrama.

It felt disjointed and bland. I know the mood was supposed to be sombre. This was suicidal.

The chicken clucking was so stupid and out place. The whole thing about the money was awful.

With all due respect to whoever wrote this episode, my kid could write a better CSI episode than this.

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Sadly Sara Goldfinger, who usually writes fairly good episodes, missed big time with this one.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't know what was more boring this week's Miami or tonight's Vegas. Good thing the debate interrupted NY or we would have probably gotten a boring ep of it too. I thought that Pam's attacker saying "I'm too tough to die" was the corniest, dumbest line ever!

I did like the scene toward the beginning when Cath saw Warrick's name/number on her phone and said "oh god".

Sprig is an interesting, but odd name. If I'm not mistaken there was a character in the She-ra cartoon with that name. :lol:

The people acting like chickens was kind of amusing, but got annoying real quick. I did like Catherine and Nicky laughing at it though.

"I can not make anyone do anything that they don't want to do."- The hypnotist

"I can. Get in jail." - Catherine :lol: That was kind of funny.

So, Thorpe is in a wheelchair. Yep, karma indeed.

Gil's case - That guy isn't the woman's son, but a former student? Wow, didn't see that one coming.

Gil and Sara's scene where they were talking about Tom and Pam... When Sara said "who are we talking about here?" like she thought he was talking about the two of them instead and he gave her that look. What was that all about? I'm a bit :confused: lol. Was that the writers trying to say that they are over? And then she just leaves at the end with nary a word to him or the others? Very lacking ending. I was hoping for a more emotional goodbye. I wanted her to say goodbye to Greg at least. He's supposed to be her best friend. I understand her not being able to stay, but I don't understand the wanting to leave without saying goodbye to her friends. Come on... they just lost Warrick and then she just leaves like that? I don't buy it ptb. Crappy writing on that ending... sorry. I just find it hard to believe that Sara would just up and leave like that after the whole Warrick thing. That's not Sara's style.

:lol: at the commercial for Eleventh Hour saying it's a show Grissom might like.

10. gsr_rulz

gsr_rulz Hit and Run

*shrinks in here* Well, I'm gonna take a shot at coming in here and say that it wasn't too bad.....

I thought the hypnosis thing was a bit much, as well as the one with the kid and the guidance counselor love affair, but I liked that they resolved the Season 1 "Too tough to die" epi. I kind of feel for the husband, you know? He's right. People are quick to criticize when they aren't in yours shoes - he was being called cruel for keeping his wife alive, but he goes to jail for "putting her out of her misery". It's a lose-lose situation.

I think there was a lot of tension with Grissom and Sara (I am a GSR fan), but I liked the scene in their bedroom. He looks stressed, knows she's ultimately gonna leave again, and doesn't want to lose her on top of everything else. The office scene ("who are we talking about now?")...I'm not too worried about it. Most couples take their frustrations out on each other. With Warrick's death and Sara dealing with this issue from her past, there is bound to be tension. Also, when the kid/father asked Grissom if he ever loved someone so much he would kill for them, maybe it made Grissom realize something with his relationship with Sara? Don't know...we'll have to see what they do with it. He did say it was darkest before the dawn in the interviews right??

The "I'm too tough to die" was cheesy but kind of neat that they put it in there.

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Yeah, this episode just didn't click. Like, at all. I agree with what my dad said:

"I kind of see why she left. The entire episode made no sense, and two pretty innocent people went to jail. Right."

12. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I've got to agree. This one was extremely boring and very slow. I looked at the clock once and couldn't believe it was only 9:30. This was a big comedown from For Warrick.

I would also like to correct the writers. Yes Sara worked the case but Vega worked with Nick and Grissom. He was brought in by Brass because he was with the gang unit. If they're going to go back to something that happened 8 years ago they should really rewatch the episode so they could get things right.

Susan

13. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I guess everyone was on a high after For Warrick and this was just a big letdown. IMO, it was hard to top FW and many of us here have very high expectations. I was hoping that the quality in writing would have been sustained. I guess we were all wrong.

14. hodges_alias_47

hodges_alias_47 Police Officer

It wasn't that bad.

I liked the idea of tying in that Pamela Adler episode with Sara's exit. It just reinforced Sara's decision to leave.

I admit that the case about the hypnotist was a little weak. I understand her motive: I have the power to do this, therefore, I will. But it did not seem to be believable in the episode.

The other case had a good twist that I did not see coming. I figured that if the guy/son/lover did it, it would have been a son being mad at his mother for doing all the things she did; not because he wanted to make things work with his lover and she did not.

All in all, this episode was not the best, but not the worst episode.

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I think the new detective (and seeing Vega again!) was the only thing that was a bit interesting. Although, what happened to Det. Holstein from last season? He was good.

So I think the new characters will definitely liven it up a little. It couldn't get much deader than tonight's show!