"The Good, the Bad & the Dominatrix" Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 5, 2007.

1. crfrog

crfrog Civilian

Re: "The Good, the Bad & the Dominatrix" Discussion *Spoiler

do you think that maybe they are bringing back LH because of what happens next week with sara?
    Im sure that brass was goint to tell cath about gsr but cath might already know because of what she told gris about "I'd slap you but i think you'd enjoy it"

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I liked some of the aforementioned lines...the "gentlemen don't get hit with purses" one and the "I would slap you" one. I like my GSR fluff but the tension was good too tonight.

I liked the exchange about being dancers...anyone else wanna yell "But a few thousand of us fangirls wouldn't mind hiring you as dancers for a night!" ROFL

Yay for continuity from PottR...and yay for Warrick screentime :)

I'm confused though about some plot details. LH wanted to die, right? Then why'd the other guy pay her? I know that's how she got the trust fund money but was it him who wanted to set up the fantasy? And then she asked him to help her die? Or was it her who wanted the fantasy death set up like that? *is confused*

Also, how'd she get out of prison? I couldn't hear that part very well.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Well, after all the hype of LH returning.. not so hot, for me. a bit lack-luster.. strange. and confusing :confused: Brass's opening line "bad penny's always turn up" so he's not that thrilled by her, and the saloon scene I wanted to yell to Cath shut-up, apparently not realizing , what it was doing to Sara, who kept her cool, and just processed the CS. Brass, a bit miffed at the hospital, and Sara so sweet, and soft spoken and not acting jealous at all. Grissom, once again like in "Pirates" seeminly baffeled around her. Sometimes he's so dense :mad: and the Gris & Sara scene. she just lets him be, doesn't get on his case, nor in his face, I think that's why he loves her. Warrick & Nick so great together, I really enjoyed that part B story, their always on top of the scene. and Joe Penny, good to see him again. as the heavy, and LH's client. So the night he stayed at her place, was just to find out what she was up to, the always science interogator, asking a million questions, and acting all sly and cutsey with Cath, when nothing happened romantically. And LH, to me me didn't
    look nearly as exotic and fascinating as she did in 'LHB' actually a bit tired and haggard and not as pretty as she did in S/3.& she even told him to "go away" so much for that illusion, of her 'wanting him' so the ending Grissom, Mr. nice guy was her 'savior/friend' bringing her grandaughter to see her.. AHHHH, maybe a little corny. So that's that with them. thank gawd. Grissom's good deed for 7x23 ;) looking forward to the 'finale'

4. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Okay. I liked this episode. I really liked it. I am not all for Lady Heather, I enjoy her presence on the show- but I do think that this is what CSI needed. The show tonight was... calm. Like the old episodes from Season Three or something, smooth, to the point, some frusteration, confusing.. I did enjoy it, and while it wouldn't make my top two, I think TPTB really outdid themselves nicely.

First of all; the Sara and LH interaction. Not what I expected. I am so very glad they didn't make Sara some insane jealous (Sorry for the language) bitch to Grissom for reaching out to his friend. She was a bit "hurt" that he (likely) didn't let Sara know he was spending the night with some hot dominatrix, but let Grissom know that it was okay, and she does understand; if not liking it.

I think the whole "It's okay" by interrupting Grissom was a bit of going back to Sara's lust for Grissom, how she didn't have him, but wanted him so badly.. That when he was finally about to tell her something she interrupted and said "It's okay". Sara isn't a rock hard woman, she has a side to her that knows there's always a possibilty of Grissom having another interest in a woman, but she did ulitmately let him know "Remember, Grissom- It's okay, you don't need to explain yourself.. I understand" which is basically what she said in this episode and Snakes, no?

Catherine and Brass- I liked them working together. They always have some comedic scenes. "I have something even jucier than LH and Grissom" whatever it means, I knew we wouldn't hear about it :lol:

I also liked how Brass was very "firm" with Lady Heather. Bringing up how she got out of jail (Which was nice, I'm glad we know that she didn't just... walk) by using her client because he paid for her "services"

Nick and Warrick- while I think could've been "not there" was nice, very nice. I'm glad they worked together, and I'm very glad to see Warrick Thanks TPTB!. I couldn't really follow the B story (N&W) it was almost "confusing" to me. The poor guy just got knocked right down. :(

:lol: I thought it was funny how Grissom said "She's tough as nails, why didn't she fight back" (The Jorja/Sara discussion name on TalkCSI :lol:)

The ending was different, but again, brought us back to our old episodes. We had a happy ending despite all the drama in the episode. LH got too see her granddaughter, and it almost made me cry that Grissom went to great lengths for his friend like that..

Great episode.

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

this was better than I thougth it was going to be. I really didn't expect a 'cat fight' or anything like that. Interesting that they had Sara see her in the hospital.

Lady Heather has turned into something that was different from when we first saw her. She was strong elegant, powerful. Here her power was taken, and she felt it. She said that she is not in a good place or something like that. Grissom understood that.

I loved Cath going on and on about Grissom and Lady Heather and him spending the night with her. Yes, whatever they did, it meant something.
    What I didn't see was her attempted sucicide. And I thought she doesn't offer her services anymore. But I guess she did it to get out of jail. Like she said in Pirates sex has been used for a lot less.

Although Grissom and LH are not a couple, he couldn't say no to her. He brought her granddaughter to meet her. He didn't have to but he did. It goes to show that he still cares about her.
    What I want to know is why does Brass hate her so? He doesn't have to be fond of her, but why did he feel he had to insult her every chance he could? That didn't sit well with me. :confused:

Ok, Nicky and Warrick. I like them working together. They are funny and it's about time.
    Poor taxi driver. It really wasn't his fault but he got conned into thinking it was.. then BANG he's done.. off to jail.

Not the best not not the worst. I liked it. Better than I thought. :D

6. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

the worst!!! the worst episode of all the 7 season, sell the gsr for money is so sad. i hope the rafting compensate them
    lady heather:
    Solv: could be mysterious heather
    lhb: another woman crazy for grissom
    pdtr: soupy drama mummy and melodramatic ( where is the furious) lol it s kidding

and now the the girl of the saloon so sad.

the worse...

i love sara , and i like the way her behaves ;)she is a REALLY the perfect woman.

i ´don have words for grissom , well is not true i have but better i don´t say :mad: ;)

7. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

:lol: I was thinking the exact same thing :lol: :rolleyes:

I really enjoyed this episode except I was really really hoping Cath would actually slap Grissom :rolleyes: He was just insensitive to me in this episode regarding Sara (I loved the way she handled Heather ^^) until he saw her later in the layout room and still he didn't really clear the air. I guess that's our Bugman for you :lol:

One thing I really loved was Cath in the beginning as she kept saying all those things about Lady H and the look on Sara's face :eek: :lol: I loved her line about her fantasy and then she looks at Sara and says, "How about you?" :lol:

8. lieueitak

lieueitak Hit and Run

Yeah, she was definitely not in a good place. While it may not have been great timing for the detectives, Grissom being there for her was a good thing.

Same here. At first, when he likened her to a bad penny, I laughed. But in the hospital room? That was absolutely disgusting - his behavior towards her. As someone in law enforcement, he should have known better. You don't get belligerent with the victim. It's not right to do that, no matter what her history is.

I liked, though, that this was a... quiet episode. Usually, the LH episodes are over the top. This was a nice contrast.

9. MissMonk

MissMonk Rookie

well, i have a question. why did she go to jail? or when exactly. cause i never heard of anything till brass said something. and i personally didnt like how sara cut grissom off when he was trying to explain or whatever. yeah he may have come off as insensitive but the man is socially dense. i wasnt surprised at this at all, and if she knows grissom as well as she probably thinks she does, she'd know too, and just let him say whatever. though i was hopeing for osmething that would uproot the whole gsr, im disapointed on that front. but i LOVED how catherine was going on and on about grissom and lady heather to sara. i found that fun, i like to do that to people. overall it was a good episode. cept for brass being an ass....which sucks cause i like him. but oh well.

10. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

I'm pretty sure they're referring to the incident at the end of POTR when Heather had Wolfowitz tied to the front grate of her SUV.

11. csinut

csinut Lab Technician

I thought this was a really interesting ep. As a few people already posted, this was a very quiet, calm LH ep. Which was nice...her eps are usually way over the top.
    Catherine was funny when she was going on to Sara about Grissom and LH...the look on Saras face was was priceless.
    Brass was kind of a jerk to LH in the hospital, which I was surprised about. I loved the 'oh sh**' look of Grissoms when he saw Sara and LH together! :lol:
    The one thing that bothered me about this ep was the scene where Grissom says to Sara something like 'let me explain' and she says 'no, it's okay. do whatever you need to do.'
    I hate when she let's him off the hook like that. :mad:
    But it was a sweet ending, though. :) I can't wait for next weeks ep!!! :eek:

12. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Hi evryone. I'm semi-new to this site, mostly lurking, but decided it was time to jump in with both feet after this epi. Lots of great comments so far, so I thought I'd add my reactions. I was disappointed in the TGTBTD but not surprised. IMO, TPTB seem to believe destroying Lady Heather as a strong person helps make GSR more believable. The truth is if, from the start, they had made Sara the strong, stable character she has miraculously become this season, most folks would have had no problem with GSR. Between POTTR and this epi, they have taken a strong, stable woman (Lady Heather) and turned her into a caricature. Sad, sad...
    I liked Catherine calling out Grissom and laughed at her monologue with Sara about Lady Heather. Sara couldn't believe what she was hearing!
    Thought Sara's reaction to Grissom's attempt to explain himself was more of a "we'll talk about this in private, later" than an "it's okay, I'll deal with it."

13. Isaboe

Isaboe Victim

I didn't like Brass snapping at LH all the time. She didn't do anything to you buddy! Normally I like Brass' snarkiness but not this time. You think he knows about GSR? I wonder.... :p
    LH was a bit "off her game" in the episode. Like she was tired. She did tell Grissom in the hospital that the urge to survive was very strong. Maybe she did want that guy to strangle her but when she started fighting back, it freaked her out a bit. How long is it supposed to have been between Pirates and now? A year?
    The B plot was kind of sad. I guess the other taxi driver doesn't realize he's going to get in trouble too and lose his benefits anyway. Dork. I thought that other crash at the crime scene was going to go somewhere but it didn't.

14. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Overall, it was a good episode. I always love Lady H Episodes. I think some of the writers must have read some of my QUOTES YOU WON'T HEAR because I did a series about Warrick and Nick being mistaken for strippers and the Taxi Lady Boss thought they were strippers!
    http://talk.csifiles.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=423928&page=18&fpart=10&vc=1

Brass was a little too snarky to Lady H at times--I think Brass knows about Griss and Sara--he started to tell Cath but got interrupted.

15. dirtylabrat

dirtylabrat Police Officer

I hope the final is better that this episode, because the more I thingk about it, it really sucked! The Nick Warrick case was so boring, and distracting. LH was depressed, which was so depressing. HELLO, where is my Lady Heather Dominatrix Extraodinaire??? I almost found myself NOT caring about GSR, because thaty can't even communicate! This LH episode was just a stunt for ratings. It sucked.

Except for Catherine, who made me laugh out loud! And I don'y usually like Catherine. But these days, she seems like the only one who has her act together. Everone else needs Dr. Phil!