The Full Wallace/Hodges Experience #2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by pabzi, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

youre lucky your mom watches csi! my mom has no opinion about any show whatsoever, other than early edition, which officially went off the air 3 years ago!

2. disprncss358

disprncss358 Rookie

LOL, that show was cool, I loved it, that guy is on Friday Night Lights now. My mum will watch the shows I watch with me, but more then likely she will fall asleep during it.

3. hitchhiker42

hitchhiker42 Prime Suspect

she used to think he was a bit mean... but my explanations of hodges' genius are starting to filter through. she's not very good at following things (imagine what i go through during lost!?).

she's alright for watching tv shows my mum, she actually gave me a massive shock last night when she saw the promo for the Hogfather and asked me to tape it for her... she normally slags me off for reading discworld.. *grumbles*

4. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

would hodges get along with gary from early edition? dont think so.
    for those who havent seen EE, its about a guy in chicago who gets tomorrow's newspaper today and has to fix things before they happen. i think that david would think that hes babyish. (gary is really innocent and sweet, but i dont see them getting along, not as friends or anything)

5. disprncss358

disprncss358 Rookie

That would be very interesting to see if David and Gary would get along.

6. hitchhiker42

hitchhiker42 Prime Suspect

i vaguely remember that... there was a cat involved somewhere i think...

7. disprncss358

disprncss358 Rookie

There was also a blind lady. That show is on sometime on the PAX channel or what they call the i channel.

8. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

Ive only seen a few episodes of Early Edition, so I dont really know if David and Gary will get along. From what I know, I think they're opposites. David is the more snarky, outspoken fella and Gary... is not. He's a bit on the shy side isnt he?

Tv characters, I think David'll get along with Mulder from X-Files. Theyre so similar yet so different at the same time. And both are sarcastic. Their discussions will be hilarious. :)

9. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

i soooo agree about mulder. before EE went off air, i studied gary fro quite a few years. he is soft spoken but embarrassed, and when hes nervous he gets confused. i think that david would make him nervous and tease him. i could see them drinking coffee together and arguing, gary walking away emotionally exhausted afterward and david walking away with a smirk. you never know though, because opposites attract...maybe they be good friends (its weird though(

i think that with mulder it would be downright hilarious!

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay here is a topic for you all. If Wallace and Hodges were to meet in real life, what would each think of the other? (would they get along, would they dislike each other, ect). So what I am asking is the real life actor met the fictional character how do you think they would get along.

Also I would like to state this is not meant to be about being gay or straight but rather other things. I don't mean for this to sound disrespectful, but it has been brought to my attention that discussing Hodges Sexual preferences is causing some to hmm not want to participate in the discussion because either they don't believe he is gay or it is just becoming to much. So I figured I would try and change the topic a bit so as to get more thoughts on it.

11. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Apologies. No offense intended.

Nice scenario you're bringing up there. I wouldn't know about Wakllace but Hodges would definitely go "wtf" when he meets his identical twin. Then he'd be all snarky, trying to prove that even though they might look alike he (David) is definitely the better of the 2.

12. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

pabzi, definitely David and Mulder. Put those two together and it'll be like watching some strange comedy. :p

D, good question. And okay, we'll tread that other topic more carefully. David vs. Wallace. Hmm. Its hard to say because I dont know what Wallace's character is like. He may be a serious guy, but he may be like David. If he's serious then I doubt they'll get along. David'll tolerate him, but he wont like him. But if he's like David then together they'll bring the house down. :lol:

13. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

destiny point taken. ill try...sorta hard sometimes, but ill pay more attention.
    great topic.
    i really have no clue what wallace is like (i have a friend who has a friend who was at the london expo, but im not even sure if she saw wallace at all :lol: ).
    i think that if he was serious and plain (meaning not snarky, not trying to prove himself, just quiet and laid back) david would back off and be annoyed and walk around muttering things like "how could my mother have given birth to THAT. hes boring"
    but if he was snarky, theyd be in a battle of whose smarter. david would start spewing out chemical formulas, and wallace would talk about acting tips and famous people he met maybe...never know, and famous women he dated and stuff like that (as i know now hes married, but he was divorced, so he must have been single for some time while has was acting allready), and maybe david is divorced too, so theyd argue about whose ex wife is worse...snark war!

EDITED TO ADD:
    remember a while back we were talking about songs that remind is of david? well, at my work im allowed to listed to my ipod, so thismorning i was climing on the ladder to the top file cabinet, listening to one of my favorite songs, and all of a sudden, a thought hit me, DAVID! i almost fell off the ladder. the thing is though, it might not exactly be about him...maybe ita about him in the past...i dont know, nothing is for sure and its all up to interpretation, but this song does have a david vibe to it.
    this is a translation done by me:
    butnout and suspect0 yossi elephant
    someone told me a slightly strange story
    about a totally destructive type who is always alone
    they opened on him that he is like that
    they say he is otherwise
    and he allready doesnt know where to be careful
    whats up? depends on who on what
    its a bit of a burnout when the truth isnt right
    so many are guarding him that hes totally shocked
    amounts of people around him and hes alltogether alone
    maybe if you leave him alone
    he will get used to
    dealing better with himself
    and he wont get confused
    whats up? depends from who from what
    its a bit of a burn out when the truth is naked
    they knocked him around, they spit in his face, then they wanted him to dance and be like everyone else

what do you think?

i have another one, that reminds me of him, but i havent analyzed it enough yet to be sure...if anyone wants to help, this one actually is in english--kryptonite, by 3 doors down...something in it is hodges-y im just not so sure yet...

14. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

That line, does it mean like you can be surrounded by a sea of people yet still feel all alone? I think David was a loner at some point during his life. He might have friends, maybe some family around, but he's really a lonely person. That song suggests that he was bullied. I think he has been, by jocks and by people who think he's too much of a brain and a weirdo. They wanted him to be like everyone else, become a lemming like them. But he doesnt conform, he does what he wants and when he wants. He may be a geek back then, who knows, but he's a geek who doesnt succumb to the pressures around him. Most geeks are Yes-mans. He's an I-said-NO-so-why-dont-you-vamoos type of geek. Is that a hebrew song? Btw, Kryptonite - YES. There's something Davidy there.

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Before asking yep hodges was in this ep, did he have a good role in this ep yep. The rest can be discussed in the discussion thread, until the Time zone line is over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.