The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #21

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Deirdre, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

This scene sometimes makes me laugh because as you can see the fireman is waving back as if Nick is waving at him! My husband is always teasing me about this and says maybe Nick was really waving to his fireman friend and Greg just thought he was waving at him! Silly man :lol::lol:

2. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I've never noticed that fireman before. I bet Nicky didn't even see the fireman but had only eyes for Greg!

I like your mistletoe idea spillednotes. Nick would have to kiss Greg, it's tradition after all. Poor Nicky ... :lol:

That's so true, they can communicate without words. Greg looks really sad, they'd probably talked about Warrick at home and Greg had to think about how painful it was for Nicky to loose his best friend. You can really see it in his eyes and small smile.

3. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Ahhhh I like that phrase the oddcouple like Jack and whats his face, them two old men??? Well anyways yeah totally Nick and Greg are as coupley as bigmac and fries.

LOL that waving business i still laugh at that- cause that moment isss ssoooooooooooooooo subtextual. One man waves two men wave back.

Over the years count how many firemen, policemen etc that notice Nick- when say Grissom, Greg are just politley nodded at?

But hey I have my theories about Nick :drool::bolian:

Great pics ladies- keep it up!

Nick and Greg at christmas- well unless they're working...which they probably will be cause it falls in the working week!

Crime doesn't stop for Christmas..

Sounds like an add for CSI lol.

IF they had any sense at all- they'd be snuggled up in bed eating really really bad food and watching "family" movies with their dog Mr Snuffles.

4. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ This made me laugh. Mr. Snuffles, hehehehe. I can see it now a shaggy little terrier mix cuddling on the bed with them. As for the snow thing with the boys, I can totally see Greggo dragging Nicky into the snow to play. Actually Vegas got about three inches of snow the other day which is a record for them. Holidays must be hard cause like you guys have said crime happens all the time no matter what. I too love in Shooting Stars where they wave at each other. I bet Greggo wanted to be by Nicky's side to help him go underground to work the case. Great piccy's of the love moments everyone. The ones from Young Man with a Horn still makes me teary eyed.
    Welcome all newcomers, hope ya all enjoy the FORT.

5. spillednotes

spillednotes Hit and Run

The "Shooting Stars" moment is so true and I didn't notice it until now x) Poor fireman, pro'lly thought he was getting hit on by hot, Texan Nicky, when in fact Nicky only has eyes for Greg...

The deep, meaningful subtext that the boys have in episodes like the two mentioned above is so powerful it always manages to render me speechless and awestruck every time I see it. It may be a little cheesy or stupid, but I just always feel all warm and comforted when I see Nick and/or Greg sneaking each other reassuring glances or reaching out to touch each other unnecessarily in some soft, sensual way. It just always makes me melt and feel better after a particularly bad, stressful day. :) The boys are like my proverbial ice-cream bucket. Lol.

I just noticed an amazing The Love moment. I swear, every time I watch CSI, I can find one... xD Anyway, in Season 4's episode "After the Show", when Sara and Nick are talking in that office room, and Sara is informing Nick about Catherine's choice to add Greg in on the case that is now hers, Nicky gets all defensive and protective of Greg. His jaw clenched, and his eyes hardened, and it was like he didn't want to be rude or anything to Sara (which was probably why he didn't look directly up into her eyes when he got defensive), but she was pretty much getting angry and misdirecting it toward Greg and Nick was not going to stand for that... And it was just so adorable and I kindasortamaybe cheered Nick on for it. :lol:

Oh, and for love_fan, I figured out what my first episode of CSI was. It was "Boom". :)

*runs off because she is rambling incoherently...*

And I agree with candygirl1uk, their dog Mr. Snuffles is totally going to snuggle with them whilst they watch A Christmas Carol and Brokeback Mountain. Okay I'm joking at Brokeback Mountain, but it's such a good movie, why not watch it during Christmas? *huffs*

6. InnocentGuilt

InnocentGuilt Hit and Run

This has nothing to do with anything that everyone is talking about, as is my MO, BUT! I just watched Grissom Versus the Volcano and the scene where Greg, Cath, and the paper dude were talking about Roger Dunbar, Cath says, "Forget secret agent, this guy has a secret life,"...or something equivilant to that, she's look at Greg accusingly. I was like, 'Oh...Cath knows about you and Nicky, Greg.' It's probably all in my head...but I like it that way.

I also watched the one with Kristy Hopkins, was so enraged by Nick's random, and completely badly timed, moment of straightness. And Cath looked so motherly towards Greg when she was with him, but also she talked to him like she was sad for him. I think she knew even then that Greg had a thing for Nick, and that she knew he would be crushed when he found out about Nick and Kristy.

But on the note of Christmas with Nick and Greg...I think that they would be 'watching' old Christmas films together and probably being distracted by each other. I personally think that Greg would make Nick 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' the older cartoon version. It just sounds like a Greg movie.

7. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Boom? Well, not the best episode for us Love fans but ... well at least Greg got to see Nick's little swimmers (I think he called it that? Correct me if I'm wrong!) I would like to watch it again to check it for more subtext but I just can't bring myself to do it. It's just so wrong to see Nicky with that woman.

On another note but also concerning her, do you remember that episode where she was accused of stealing and Nicky helped her out. He was "flirting" with her at the end and I just thought, yeah, as if you're interested. He probably just did it because Grissom could see them.

I remember that moment in After the Show! Nick was very defensive when Sara started talking about Greg. He was kind of proud of him and genuinely happy, too I think.

I have to watch Grissom vs the Volcano again to check out Cath. I really like that even though one has watched an episode ten times one can still find subtext. It's just great!

8. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

There's a new interview with David Rambo posted on the YTDAW board. I'd highlight two quotes that are very interesting for us, Love fans ;)

"Reading into details", "giving hints".... definitely sounds familiar, right? :thumbsup: David Rambo is known as the GSR writer but I think that he was also referring to The Love in that interview. Remember all the Nick/Greg subtext that David Rambo put in "Bull": the talk about "Brokeback Mountain", Wendy calling Nick and Greg cowboys...

More hints. In "Scooba Doobie Doo", while Nick is saying "Leggo my Greggo", he looks over Cath's shoulder and we can see Greg waving him from the hall! If you blink, you miss it but it's THERE ;) Seriously, why was THIS there?

[​IMG]

Paraphrasing David Rambo, there is no detail too small...;)

9. spillednotes

spillednotes Hit and Run

It really wasn't a good episode for The Love supporters... (But even I couldn't resist a shirtless Nick. *sighs* I was powerless.) But I just realized, when I watched it, that Boom was not my first episode. It was actually "After The Show", but I was looking at "Boom" on the computer when I replied, so I typed it. Lol. But still.

I totally saw that, InnocentGuilt! x) Of course Catherine would know. And yeah, she did show some sympathy and care for Greg in that episode. It was in that glance, but I still saw it, and it's cool to know that I'm not the only one who did. x)

And, on "Down the Drain", when Sara came over to Greg after he "lost his virginity", am I the only person who saw that panicked look on his face? Maybe not necessarily panicked, but there was a definite something in his eyes and I couldn't help but think that it had to do with Nicky... ;) Maybe I just see everything through slashy eyes. x_x

And to seabird:

I think I love you. :D That picture is amazing. And that piece of evidence? Oh come on, how can anyone possibly deny the subtext? You'd have to be seriously misguided to even try and brush off the hints there...

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  10. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Hee. Reading this thread always makes me smile. So, I finally got back from school, and back to my house where I can finally watch Spike (for some reason, we don't get SpikeTV on my campus) and of course 'Down the Drain' was on. I'm not sure if you guys have discussed this scene before, but Grissom and Greg's discussion of Greg's prostate definitely got my interest, especially when Greg confidently tells Grissom that his prostate is, in fact, healthy. All I could think was that Nick had definitely helped him verify that. :devil: Oh, 'Down the Drain,' how I love you... A nice episode for both of my ships :bolian:

LOVE the David Rambo quotes, seabird. I'm starting to look forward to David Rambo interviews more than those of the actual cast members. As a fangirl, I am reduced to monosyllabic, and all I can say is... squee. *sigh*

11. Stokes4Me

Stokes4Me Cute but Pshyco Premium Member

Hello! I mostly lurk around in here but as I just watched the Boom episode myself just recently I found this to be quite telling of The Love..

"CATHERINE: How you doing, Greg?

GREG SANDERS: Same as you. Worried about Nick.

CATHERINE: Yeah. I need to see his DNA from the crime scene. You have it,
    right?

GREG SANDERS: A sample from the condom, yeah. Popsicled in the freezer. But,
    uh, it's not your case. Much as I want to help, no can do.

CATHERINE: That's my case for the next twelve hours. Ask the Sheriff.

GREG SANDERS: I would never doubt your word.

CATHERINE: Smart man.

GREG SANDERS: Nick's little soldiers. It's all you.

CATHERINE: Thanks, Greg. "

(courtesy of TwizTV.com)

I mean when Cath asks Greg how he is doing he doesn't go "Fine, how about you? Worried about Nick?" or something to that effect...quite telling or am I reading too much into to that statement? :confused:;)

12. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

First of all, welcome to the Fort Stokes4Santa.

Secondly, you're definitely NOT reading too much into the conversation. I have to agree, Greg was extremely worried about Nick in that episode. Usually Cath would have got a funny remark on the whole semen thing but with Nicky's future at stake ...

Thank you so much for the quotes, seabird!!! It's like he knows that there are people like us out there who know how to read between the lines. Plus, it's almost like admitting that they put subtext in the episodes especially for us (Love) fans.

Ah, the infamous "My prostate's just fine" line from Greg. Makes me giggle and laugh every time :lol::guffaw: Well, he should know ... :devil:

13. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ I always laugh my head off during that scene in Down the Drain. And then get naughty thoughts about the boys all over again. :devil: Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking such things.

Stokes4Santa good to see you in the FORT. You are so right about that scene in Boom. Cath knows how he feels about Nicky and wants to let him know she on the case. Even with all the crazy Kristyness in that episode we get subtext for the LOVE.

seabird Thanks for sharing the amazing quotes with us. happyharper13 was kind enough to share them in the YOBLING thread as well. Made my day its dids. Evidence is in the details I love it!!

Also wanna wish ya all in the FORT, [​IMG]

14. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Merry Christmas all & to Nick & Greg !!

I think it would be sweet if they spent Christmas together, alone in front of the fire place. So romantic !!

I know CSI is a crime show but sometimes I just want a little bit of fluff. And what could be fluffier than Nick & Greg spending xmas together.

15. spillednotes

spillednotes Hit and Run

I feel as if I comment too much x_x Lol, The Love just warms me so... >_> I must refrain from replying so often.

Anyway. happyharper13, dude, that is an awesome point-out! x) I forgot about that... x) And the look on Greg's face, too! It was so smug. Lol. Ah, Greggo, with your "subtle" hints at your private life... ;)

&& Hello, Stokes4Santa! :D I always like to see new people like me x)

&&2: Merry Christmas~ an Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate it :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.