The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back, Serenity and Clarrisani!!! :)

WOW, great comments, everyone!

Hi everybody, long time no post!

I actually enjoyed the episode (I saw it yesterday) and to be honest I was surprised that I did. I'd actually expected very little Nick/Greg interaction, so I was pleased that we actually got the scene of them working the motel room together. Wojo is right, the entire time Greg is working on the fingerprint, Nick is staring at him. That could be interpreted as being interested in the results of the scan, but I feel he was actually searching out Greg as an anchor, a comforting rock in a sea of distress. If he was just waiting for the results, I feel he would have been behind Greg, perhaps pacing the floor until the results came through. It's not the first time we've seen Nick do that. But instead he sat there quietly, seeking eye contact with Greg.

And as was mentioned earlier, when Sara arrived, both Nick and Greg entered the room together. They'd obviously been somewhere together, and there's no doubt in my mind they had offered eachother some sort of comfort then, even if it was only a hug or a hand on the shoulder to say "I'm here if you need me"

And aww, the photograph! I actually teared up at that point. But all the ships, neatly paired off together. That was SO a sign.

I like the way you think, Serenity. And thanks for noticing that the boys entered the room together when Sara arrived...Love the subtext in that scene.

I also noticed that probably, TPTB wanted to make Yobling canon in the last minute. I mean, Catherine HAD Warrick's key and Sara only said "I'm sorry" to her as she knew that Catherine had feelings for Warrick and acknowledged them.

So, go back to the pic. Have you noticed that the writers are using lately photographs to give the viewers more insight about the characters? Remember that scene from "Grissom's Divine Comedy" (last season) where Cath was at Grissom's apartment and she saw an old pic of Sara and Grissom together in San Francisco....In that episode, they also showed a pic of the team....and Greg wasn't even in it! I got so upset about that! :scream:

But in "For Warrick", the things have changed a lot: Greg IS in the pic and he's next to Nick and Nick has his arm around him...:adore:

forwarrick12.jpg

"But all the ships neatly paired off together. That was SO a sign"

Grissom/Sara: canon

Cath/Warrick: finally, obviously linked in "For Warrick"

Who's left? Nick and Greg!

You're right, Serenity. That photograph WAS A SIGN....;)

Last edited:
Welcome back serenity! And as always you have such great insights to share. I noticed the guys enter the room together as well and it made me smile and cry at the same time, Warrick's demise was so tragic.

At the funeral it looked to like Catherine grabbed Nick's hand with both of hers. I wish Greg would have sat next to Nick (maybe the camera wouldn't have kept cutting him off)

I hope now that Warrick is gone that Nick will turn to Greg more. I just hope TPTB give us more of them together.

Last edited:
Yeah for me that picture said a thousand unspoken words!

They're so together look at them! And yes its in shiper pairings, clearly.

I dont think that Greg would be made CSI level 3 without anyone mentioning it before even in passing! Nope no way!! Our boy's gonna be level 2

Yeah Clarrisani you are so right on that front. (compairing two couples together), the only thing is that on CSI TPTB dont want to make them sooo like their together, they wont publically say it, but on Torchwood, its a public thing that the main character is pansexual.

The thing I think, that for us LOVE fans, if we actuarly saw them hugging or holding hands or something (like that pic) then that could just be viewed as friends comforting each other, but for us we know the truth.

A side note, its obvious there was more reason why Warrick gave Cath his spare key and not Nick. They had a thing together, and when Cath broke down u can see.

Nick oh Nick, he's just a bottle of repression, he cant say whats on his mind. He keeps everything inside of him, and thats not healthy. TPTB, come on and lets see at least Nick and Greg hang out, or Greg on the other end of the phone consoling his lover and friend.

As Carol Mendelsohn and Ann Donahue said i believe on an interview (sorry cant find it) CSI dont do sex, (clearly apart from Warrick with the stripper, and Nick with the hooker!) they do eyesex/eye candy, and dear me our two men have pleanty of that over the years.

There is a link to a site that is soo funny, it mentions Nick and Greg but if anyone is interested let me know. (not going to post it here)

I'd like the link please candyghoul :D lol, I am loving everybodies halloween names.

I think it's interesting they said CSI doesn't do sex, it does eye sex, because I think out of all the ships, Nick and Greg have had more of that than any other ship. Which says something in itself to me.

I too hope that now Warrick is gone :( Nick turns to Greg more, it'll give us more Nick/Greg moments, and they can develop together more, by being each other's go to person at work as well as at home.

I too hope that now Warrick is gone :( Nick turns to Greg more, it'll give us more Nick/Greg moments, and they can develop together more, by being each other's go to person at work as well as at home.

^^ Hoping thats the case as well. I like the idea of Greggo becoming Nicky's anchor in all of this. Its just a matter of time till Nicky's bottled up emotions explode all over the place. And hes gonna need a shoulder to lean on and Greggo is the perfect person for him to lean on.

I love ya alls idea about Cath taking both of the boys hands in her lap at the funeral so they can be touching without the others knowing. Its totally something Cath would do for the boys knowing they needed each other.

Pish the CSIs do sex. They just don't say it out load. But with all the eye sex going on and flirting going on please. candyghoul I would like some linkage as well. Need a good laugh after all the school work I did today.

There is a link to a site that is soo funny, it mentions Nick and Greg but if anyone is interested let me know. (not going to post it here)
Ahaha. This worries me a little x3 But I'd like to see it! :D

"But all the ships neatly paired off together. That was SO a sign"
Grissom/Sara: canon

Cath/Warrick: finally, obviously linked in "For Warrick"

Who's left? Nick and Greg!

You're right, Serenity. That photograph WAS A SIGN....;)

Aw, this just makes me so much more hopeful than I think I should be xD

...That absolutely made my night. I didn't even realize that all the ships were together in that picture, but now that I see it, I just love it even more. It's a heartbreaking picture, to me anyways, because I know that one of them isn't coming back. =[

And is it just a "coincidence" that Nick and Greg are together? NOOOPE.

In regards to the girlfriend thing for Nick, I wouldn't believe it, but I am thinking they [TPTB] have something up their sleeves. Call me a pessimist, but I don't think we're out of the Girlfriend Woods just yet.

Of course, in response to that, we'll all know that Nick getting a girlfriend would just be another beard. He's in horrible pain from his best friend dying, and he would need some sort escape. He's a handsome guy--he could get a lot of ladies, and maybe he just needs *someone*. Maybe if he does get a girlfriend, that means that he and Greg aren't living together, and Nick feels this incurable loneliness at home.

Back on the topic of "For Warrick" (but not really), I was kind of sad that there were no comfort scenes between Nick and Greg. But, like Wojo, I wasn't really surprised, seeing as how I never expected TPTB to actually do that. A scene I would like to see, though, would be Nick all alone in the locker room. He's had a rough shift, and in his locker is a picture of him and Warrick. He slams shut the locker and falls heavily onto the bench. Greg walks in to go to his locker, sees Nick, and sits down beside him--he puts his hand on Nick's shoulder. They don't say anything, and Catherine walks by, and the camera follows her.

Honestly, is that too much to ask? It isn't even gay at all! It's just friendly!

I don't mean to be hating on the writers, but I'm curious as to why there's so little interaction between them now but there used to be quite a bit. And a majority of the physical contact has stopped... It's a little weird, don't you think? Unless they've already got something up their sleeves and waiting for the "right moment" to actually out any sort of relationship/close friendship/attraction between them (I like how I keep going back to this topic :p ).

Really, though, I wonder if it's just a coincidence that they don't have many scenes together and everything else, or if there's actually a reason for it. And fic is one thing, but actually saying something on-screen are two totally different things.

For that matter, I wonder if it was all brought up by the actors and the writer's are so blind that they're not even aware of what's going on. (But they've gotta be. Right? a;slkdjf)

And with the whole hand-holding thing at the funeral, you guys read my mind. I swear. o: Or I read yours.. I wondered, watching the episode, if that's what they were doing. x3 And while the shipper in me would have wanted it to be Nick, Greg, whoever, whoever, whoever in sitting lineup, it kind of made sense the way it went. If Grissom was going to speak, it'd make sense for him to be on the outside, or at least close to the outside. He'd want Sara close, of course... And Nick just happened to be next to Sara, and Cath next to Nick, and Greg next to Cath... I dunno. Made sense more in my head than typed out, hehe.

I'm yet to see the scene, but I'm guessing that Nick and Greg don't sit beside each other at the funeral? If that's the case, that doesn't really mean much. Sorry to bring up Torchwood (again), but in episode 2x10 "Something Borrowed" when Gwen and Rhys were married, Jack and Ianto sat on opposite ends of the pew with Tosh and Owen between them, and by this point the Jack/Ianto relationship is firmly established.

Don't worry about mentioning "Torchwood". I love that show! Unlike CBS, it seems that BBC IS BRAVE ENOUGH TO MAKE A GAY COUPLE CANON. You mean this scene, right? Jack and Ianto sitting on opposite ends at Gwen's wedding, in spite of being a canon couple on the show:

sb1.jpg

FW562.jpg

Back to Nick and Greg in "For Warrick. I also noticed how Nick kept staring at Greg in Mckeen's place. I agree with everybody else and I think that Nick NEEDED feeling Greg's presence more than ever....I also hope that, if Nick is gonna have a breakdown, he will turn to Greg even more and they writers don't waste this chance and keep developing their relationship.

Greg looks worried about Nick:

FW175.jpg

Intense looks between the boys at Mckeen's place:

FW174.jpg

Nick keeps staring at Greg all the time:

FW386.jpg

FW394.jpg

Last edited:
All this talk about Warrick made me really sad :(.

After you first mentioned the seating arrangment at the funeral I immediately thought of Nick and Greg taking Cath in their midst to comfort her. You know, she's alone know (cry) and Nick and Greg are that super-strong couple to give her much needed support. Maybe that's why she took both their hands to thank them for being there for her?

Love those intense looks between our boys. Greg must have been extremely worried about Nick and Nick was seeking comfort.

Welcome back Serenity and Clarrissani!!!

BTW: Absolutely love Torchwood!!! And the BBC for not being afraid of having a gay couple on the show!

I like the idea love_fan, that the boys split up (not literally !!!) to both support Cath. That would have been really sweet of them, especially if they'd had shared a few looks throughout.

On a different note I can't say I've ever seen torchwood.

The looks that they are sharing in McKeens place are seriously intense, I agree it's like the fact that they need to feel the presence of the other, which is really sweet.

With regards to them not having many touching scenes togethers now, I like to think that the looks that they are sharing now are getting more and more intense, whereas in the past seasons, although they shared many looks there was touching too, now the looks are more intense. That really doesn't make sense does it? It does in my head

I know what you mean, at least I think so. In earlier season it was like the touching was a way of flirting, of trying how far they could go. And the looks were more sexual. Now their looks just show that they are intimate with each other (I'm talking about feelings here :devil:!). They don't need to touch all the time because they are together and they don't have the need to undress each other with their looks anymore, like they did in earlier seasons. They undress each other when they're home anyway :devil::eek::lol:.

Did that make sense because I feel like I talked in circles?

That's exactly what I meant :) I think when they got together, there was no longer the need to be as flirty at work, or try and be as close to each other by little touches here and there, because they both know that as soon as shift finishes, that won't be the last they see of each other for the day, they can go out or go home or whatever they like after shift. Before they were together there was a greater need to be touching at work, whereas now they are together, the looks say it all

All this talk about Warrick made me really sad :(.

After you first mentioned the seating arrangment at the funeral I immediately thought of Nick and Greg taking Cath in their midst to comfort her. You know, she's alone know (cry) and Nick and Greg are that super-strong couple to give her much needed support. Maybe that's why she took both their hands to thank them for being there for her?

Love those intense looks between our boys. Greg must have been extremely worried about Nick and Nick was seeking comfort.

Welcome back Serenity and Clarrissani!!!

BTW: Absolutely love Torchwood!!! And the BBC for not being afraid of having a gay couple on the show!

I like the idea love_fan, that the boys split up (not literally !!!) to both support Cath. That would have been really sweet of them, especially if they'd had shared a few looks throughout.

On a different note I can't say I've ever seen torchwood.

The looks that they are sharing in McKeens place are seriously intense, I agree it's like the fact that they need to feel the presence of the other, which is really sweet.

With regards to them not having many touching scenes togethers now, I like to think that the looks that they are sharing now are getting more and more intense, whereas in the past seasons, although they shared many looks there was touching too, now the looks are more intense. That really doesn't make sense does it? It does in my head

I'm yet to see the scene, but I'm guessing that Nick and Greg don't sit beside each other at the funeral? If that's the case, that doesn't really mean much. Sorry to bring up Torchwood (again), but in episode 2x10 "Something Borrowed" when Gwen and Rhys were married, Jack and Ianto sat on opposite ends of the pew with Tosh and Owen between them, and by this point the Jack/Ianto relationship is firmly established.

Don't worry about mentioning "Torchwood". I love that show! Unlike CBS, it seems that BBC IS BRAVE ENOUGH TO MAKE A GAY COUPLE CANON. You mean this scene, right? Jack and Ianto sitting on opposite ends at Gwen's wedding, in spite of being a canon couple on the show:

sb1.jpg

FW562.jpg

Back to Nick and Greg in "For Warrick. I also noticed how Nick kept staring at Greg in Mckeen's place. I agree with everybody else and I think that Nick NEEDED feeling Greg's presence more than ever....I also hope that, if Nick is gonna have a breakdown, he will turn to Greg even more and they writers don't waste this chance and keep developing their relationship.

Greg looks worried about Nick:

FW175.jpg

Intense looks between the boys at Mckeen's place:

FW174.jpg

Nick keeps staring at Greg all the time:

FW386.jpg

FW394.jpg

These pictures tell such a sorry tail/tale? (Who knows sorry!)

I totally agree in previous seasons there was more touching but intensity, but now as their relationship progress maybe the need of skin to skin contact is fullfied of duty?

At first I thought that the staring was cause of grief and shock, but after all it is what it is. Two lovers trying to console each other but cant cause of rules and regulations.

Totally love_fan, that's it. Nick is seeking comfort from Greg, even if its only a look. 80% of around abouts that is words unsaid in the form of body language, and only 20% is actuarly said.

We dont need words, we can see how pained Nick is. How desperate Greg wants to comfort his lover and friend.

Sometimes I try to view the relationship as objective as I can (as i'm now a student of psychology, sociology and social policy), but sadly im rather to subjective...

Just like a married couple they dont touch each other all the time to refirm their feelings for each other, and neither does our boys/men...

Hopefully though given their due respect (somewhere over the rainbow), TPTB magically turn into the Wizzard of Oz, and not the Wicked Witch.

Can their dreams come true, can ours? Subtext is what it is, but after a while we need more evidence of Nicky and Greggos relationship.

In 2008 should it matter so much if in TV land people are represented equally regardless of sexuality or gender? It may be a small world after all, but TPTB can make it happen. (Somewhere over the rainbow!) the reality of Nick and Greg can be made real.. if only TPTB found compassion in relationships and not just ruin it by having Nick only "appear" gay and for Greg to be "going throu a phase!"

End of my multicoloured rant....:drool:

I'm in a curious mood today so feel the urge to cut TPTB some slack. I believe they're absolutely aware of the chemistry/relationship between Nick & Greg, as much as the actors are. The fact that we do get these looks, the fleeting touches, the meaningful half-allusions to other things, in some ways Nick & Greg are way more canon than couples in other tv shows.
I think TPTB in some way are content to just let them be, if people want to read them that way or they don't then it's up to them. I think the fact that they havent done anything with either Nick and Greg's personal lives kind of proves that. Even the Nick girlfriend kerfuffle turned out to be pretty much nothing in the end. If they really werent aware of it or didn't like it, I'm sure they wouldve mentioned Greg having a date/girlfriend for at least one episode, no?

In a way i kind of hope as a couple they're never made overly explicit, I enjoy the subtle hints. I've been involved in other fandoms where my ship suddenly went canon and it was horrible, the writers never write the relationship the way you do in your head and it never seems wholly right.

Furthermore, can you imagine all the media mayhem which would ensue if they were outed on the show. I'm not sure I want them to be poster boys, or for their relationship to be reduced to 'the gay couple on the crime show'. It's far too meaningful for that kind of nonsense.

It would be different if they were out from the very beginning of the show, or it was made plainly clear that one or both of them were gay or bi at the start, I really wish they had but to out them now, i dunno it wouldn't sit right with me. Because the set up of the shows allows them to ignore (to a point) the characters private lives, and because Nick and Greg are a very private couple anyway, they don't do PDAs or like to make their relationship public knowledge, to out them now would just feel out of character and almost cheapening their relationship, it would be almost an intrusion.

And lets face it, canon couples don't fare so well on CSI. Making a couple canon almost seems to require additional angst. The boys absolutely don't need any more. Now if TPTB chose to make them canon, in the very last episode of the show, I would have no problem with that...

And I totally agree with the idea behind the reduction in public touching.... I think sometimes it's not the presence of flirtiing&touches but the absolute absence of it that makes a relationship completely obvious. If they were still behaving the way they did in Season 2, i think I'd be worried but the dynamic and how they relate to each other has changed, proving that their relationship now is a lot more serious.

And with that I'm off to labour over my own fic again...

Well, "For Warrick" aired last night here in Australia (was brilliant - Top Gear at 7:30, CSI at 8:30, Supernatural at 9:30, Torchwood at 10:30 - so many slash pairings!). I kept an eye out for everything mentioned, and I have to agree with a few things.

I think Nick and Greg definitely sat on either side of Catherine to support her. I don't think it was a secret amongst the team that Warrick and Catherine had feelings one for another, and that Catherine was shattered by what happened (Warrick was, after al, a father figure to her own daughter). We saw that clearly when Catherine arrived at the scene, and I loved that we arrived at the scene proper post-credits via her.

Nick and Greg are strong in their relationship imo, so would provide a solid support for Catherine, whom both are close to anyway. Right now Grissom is being supported by Sara (and vice versa), so having Nick and Greg support Catherine is no real surprise.

Also, I agree that Nick was definitely staring at Greg the entire time that they were processing Mckeen's place, and I don't think it was just because of the evidence. Greg seems to be distracting himself by what happened by working, and Nick is clearly just holding it together himself.

Oh, and at the end when Nick had Mckeen at gunpoint, I was chanting "don't do it, don't do it" because I really didn't want Nick to end up under investigation. Greg's court case is still fresh in my mind, and I didn't want to see the boys go through that again.

I agree with others that Nick is going to be going through a very rough patch over the next few episodes, and hopefully TPTB will give us some nice Nick/Greg moments where Greg is Nick's rock, keeping him from doing something really stupid. I'd even accept scenes where the boys are both keeping an eye on Catherine. I know we probably won't get much, but a girl can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back