The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Exactly. Ehhh, poor Nicky...

That's Sex, Lies and Larvae.

Life is different? Anyway, we have many fics;) My romantic side also wants Greg being Nick's first and only love (did I said that? No!:lol:).

What we know about his college life? Oh right, sad gothic chicks. Nah, I'm sure he dated boys too (even more than girls). Like candygirl said - college is for discovering;)

2. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I actually meant, Nick was sneaking some glances at the guys in the showers ... but I can imagine Greg did the same, but with him ... he probably did it intentionally :devil::eek::devil:!!

That's just an idea I've been entertaining for a while now, what if Greg's not as experienced as everybody thinks he is. I know he's always making up those girls (to impress Nicky) but what if he's acually a really shy guy with almost no experience. And Nick's the one with it?

Wait, I think I've read a story like that. I've read so many I'm not sure whether it's my original ideas, canon, fanon, whatever ... :wtf:

Thanks, Deirdre, for telling me the name of that episode. I have to re-watch it, just want to see how Nick turns down an attractive woman :lol:

3. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Love_fan- thats true though!!! Cause Greg has this big time image, we know he lost his virginity at 20? and he's forever talking about back in college or girls. No one believes him, even Sara pulls the faces of - yeah right suuuuuuurrrrrre Greg!

Yeah Nick could have more experience of random sex, of casual sex, of one night stands, but not of love.

Greg could've been in love before but be sexually inexperienced. I mean if there was an award for flrting the academy awards would defo go to Greg Sanders, who thinks that flurting is like breathing, something that he can do.

Nick unlike Greg, is well, not to sure, he touches Greg a lot~ maybe his way of flirting but he's not as good as Greg lol.

4. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Right, Greg's virginity. How I could forget that? I just recalled scene from the Goodbye and Good Luck - when Greg said about this sad chicks. His face was a little bit... blurred?;) It can be a proof that he's talking much more than he's doing. Ehhh, so much things we can do to make us interesting for someone in who we fall in love. Greg knows it. But he has not problems with flirt. It's for him so natural.

Oh, and question. It was only mention that he lost his virginity? Nothing more... you know what I mean... I really don't remember that. My memory needs help:lol:

She weren't THAT attractive:lol:

5. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

I love the theories, especially the one about Nick and Greg sneaking peeks at each other. Adorable.

To answer my own question, I think Nick's always had some sort of inkling that he isn't the exact same as his hetero friends. Say he and his buddies (before coming to the Las Vegas crime lab) were out at a bar, and all of them were were admiring this one woman ... except for Nick. One guy would say, "Man, check her out!" and all the guys would agree, but Nick would be looking at the guy next to her.

I don't really think Nick figured himself as being straight-out gay (weird wording, if I do say so myself) until he met Greg. Nick probably had thoughts and feelings that he might've just shoved under the rug, and he might not have acted upon his feelings for other men. Maybe he met a guy while working as a police officer? Who knows.

All I know is that Greg shook Nick's world up. I honestly think that Nick and Greg probably talked about a whole range of topics, and they might have touched on sexuality at one point in time or another. I'd say that Greg (being the open guy he is) came right out and said he was bi, and then he'd give Nick a questioning kind of look, right? Greg's a smart guy (genius!) and he probably knew Nick was hiding something. Maybe Greg helped Nick come to terms with his own sexuality on a more friendship based level, then after Nicky had gotten comfortable, they started going out?

6. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ I agree with that. With Nicky I think Greggo helped him out of the closet. He may have had these latent feeling for other men but Greggo brought them all to the surface so to speak. MLC I like your idea of them being friends first and Greggo telling Nicky he is bi and helping him out of the closet. Then it became easier for Nicky to come out with his feeling form Greggo. His on true love. Makes the most sense with how things go over the seasons. Maybe Nicky not being able to keep his hands off Greggo clued him in on Nicky's orientation. :lol:

7. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

MLC, I can totally see what you mean about Nick with his college friends etc, with them all saying 'check out this girl' and he is just like 'yeh, what's so great about her' then sneaking a glance at the guy, and thinking 'that's more like it (not exactly that but you know hwat I mean ) and I think he would have been confused, but had that idea that he's not the same as his hetero mates, I can totally see that happening.

I also agree with candygirl, that Greg growing up in California, near San Fran, possibly had a huge influence on the way he sees sexuality generally.

8. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Today that is my favourite thought. I really like idea that Greg helped Nick with coming out. And definitely they started with friendship. It was really important 'cause Greg might be sure with all signals which Nick gave him during so long time.

Bubbles, you reminded one scene in Boom. It's beginning and Nick had a day off. He was with friend and this friend noticed two girls. He said to Nick that he should stay with him and have some fun. Of course Nick said no, I need to go to work etc. That was the best part of epi 'cause then... we know what happened then:brickwall:

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

My opinion on how long Nick knew he was gay is this, I think Nick always knew he was different, he felt more attracted to males than females. But growing up in TX and his family's values and moral outlook he ignored those feelings and tried to fit in. I believe that after he left home, he became more curious and dabbled some with the same sex but never got involved emotionally, more like one nighters. He did so secretly and stayed in the closet. Still not accepting his true sexuality because he still went out with women. I think it all changed once he met and fell in love with Greg. Although he is still hiding it and Greg is willing to go along with it because he loves Nick.

10. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

For those of you that love to see The Love in every scene.....

[​IMG]

11. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Nice picture!! It's from Feeling the Heat, right?

There's also the theory going round that Greg showing them the location on the map made a secret love sign with his hands (on the map that is). Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it but it's there.

I like your look on Nicky, Wojo. He is someone who likes to fit in that's why he dated women and makes all those awkward comments when he's "forced" to talk about them.

And it's just like it was with Warrick in For Gedda, his friend told Nick to go after the girl (in Boom). Nicky himself would of

12. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Yes the pic is from Feeling the Heat and I think the way Greg was looking at Nick it was not the weather that was heating him up :devil:

13. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^^ AGREED! Please ... the weather? Feh. Greg's the one heatin' Nicky up.

love_fan--secret love sign? Care to explain, 'cause I'm feeling a bit confused here.

I totally agree with you, Wojo, about Nicky. He probably had some one night stands with other men, but absolutely nothing serious. As we can tell from that woman whom he never called back, if you aren't Greggo, he isn't phoning you. I'm fairly sure that any drabbling stopped dead after he had met Greg.

Nicky's forced and awkward comments about women sometimes bug me. Either I laugh at them or I groan. It can be a fairly entertaining concept when thinking about how far Nick is in the closet, but other times it just grates on my nerves. But, alas ... in the closet he is, at least when his teammates are concerned, although a lot of them probably just know anyways. They could probably tell from Nick's awkward and forced comments. See Nicky? Implying you've been with lots 'o' women doesn't make you seem like a player. More like a guy who's trying to convince everyone, but no one believes him anymore.

Besides, when you're doing things this around Greg, who can believe you anyways?

14. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

I've been watching some CSI episodes today not sure what season lol. I'm terrible, but it was when Gregs still in the lab about robots and Greg going into the field with coins ~ trying to scope the scene.

There was something in that episode and I cant remember what it was!!!

Ahh now i do!!

When Greg comes into the room where Nick is working he looks really fed up. Then later on in the episode he does tell Grissom that his world inside the lab is getting smaller and smaller.

OOh and how cute was it when Nicky suggested that his friend might be right for Sara. How cute is that~ of course it was Greg. Maybe just before they first kissed or something like that.

Sara being sensible said no.

Yeah I agree, Nick is really in the closet and is soo scared to come out. Sometimes when we see him with a woman its rather embarrasing. Its like he tries to be like Greg, but he cant.

Exactly My_last_chance. The thing about coming out is that Nick has to be confident enough, and sometimes for some people they never totally do come out. However with Gregs support things will be a lot more easier.

15. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I wasn't the one to discover it but if you look closely at Greg's hand, he's making (probably completely unintentionally) a love
    sign:
    http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/...eason 4/405 Feeling the Heat/normal_40516.jpg

Nicky and women, ah, so bad. He tries so hard to fit in but he so clearly doesn't. Everybody can see that! It's not a pretty picture.

Loved that pic, my_last_chance. It's incredible how he lights up when he's around Greg, isn't it. Those looks ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.