The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ So maybe their liveing room together would be a combination of the two tastes. Maybe fancy furniture done in more aggressive colors. Or a very calm colors on the walls with loud colored pictures and pillows on a neutral couch. In my mind I see maybe a large brown leather couch and matching chair with bright green throw pillows. Big TV most defiantly cause of Nicky's love for football and animal plant. Lots of pictures of themselves with family and coworkers. I also love the idea of a fireplace they could cuddle in front of.:)

2. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Yeh maybe it would actually be a bit of both of their tastes, and turn out at a nice medium, with the nice and cosy feel but with a bit of Greggo's wackiness in there. I could see Greg doing the kitchen though, having totally crazy colours and bold things in there. That's be cool. But I can see them now cozying in front of the fireplace. Aww, and the fanfic would be an awesome fluff piece :)

3. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Oh hell...all this domestic talk has made me feel all warm and fluffy *sigh* :)

I'm with you, MsCB...I always picture a brown leather couch, which I think is very Nick, and the colours Greg adds. I see Nick's taste being quite neutral and calm on the whole, Greg having more of an aesthetic sense as can be seen in his clothing! :D I love the idea of all the photographs, and I never thought of them having a fireplace! That's so cute...yes, a fireplace! It's strange, when I write domestic type stories like NLS or After You Were Mine, the image of their apartment is so vivid in my mind that I almost want to draw it so everyone can see it how I see it. :wtf: I'm weird.

Decorating fics - well, NLS has painting? And they go to the DIY store...that's as close as I get. Speaking of which, update (shock horror, PG13 rating) is here:

http://www.nickandgreg.com/desert_archive/viewstory.php?sid=5315&i=1

Thanks for the comments re my fluff. Heh. :D I love fluff sometimes.

Welcome back Deirdre!

On another note...I've been reacquainting myself with S4, which I don't often watch, and the interaction between Nick and Greg in Bad Words is adorable. Not just the 'thanks doll' shoulder pat (which is *so obvious* Nicky) but the looks on their faces when Greg says 'so, you dig chicks that dig fire?' - the look they exchange made me flail all over the place. I just felt like Greg was filing it away in his head to use for later ('hmm, so, another kink for my list...heh'). I also loved his exasperation with the matchbooks. Adorable :D

That's enough from me. For now.

Nat x

4. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ I like this alot. A brown leather couch with bright green throw pillows. I can actually see it in my mind. It's just totally them. I'm kind of down the middle about how they would decorate. Would both of them collaborate and do it together, or just divvy up the rooms? It's kind of hard to say, but I'm starting to lean more towards both Nick and Greg working together and having a say in how each room looks and feels. If it was my house, I wouldn't want a room I just cannot stand. It'd be sort of horrible, not wanting to go into a room just because it doesn't feel right to you. Both of their tastes are extremely different from the others, and that might clash, but as you pointed out in that example it could also look stylish and awesome.

Deirdre- when you mentioned the song "Take Me With You" I immediately thought of "Take Me With You" by Secondhand Serenade. This song is also definitely a Love song. There are a lot of songs out there that just scream The Love, and that's a great thing 'cause it makes me happy and also seems to provide me with fanfic ideas. xD

5. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Wow. I drop back in here after twins commented on my new Jack/Ianto Torchwood video, and it's amazing all the new faces. I'll admit I'm not on here much anymore, as Season Seven did a lot of damage to my love of CSI and Season Eight hasn't really redeemed it (although "A La Cart" very nearly did with it's wonderful Nick/Greg interaction). Honestly, with Torchwood giving me canon slash and actually giving fans what they want, it's just more appealing than CSI that denies us at almost every turn.

I still believe that we had much more on The Love in the early days of CSI, and as the seasons continue we are being denied more and more. I have a gut feeling that Season Nine is going to be the end of things, but wouldn't it be lovely if the show ends with Nick and Greg actually getting together (or revealing that they've been together this whole time)? The latter would be brilliant. We'd all be rewatching every season looking for clues, lol.

6. my_last_chance

Haii Clarrisani! Don't think I've said hi before, so hey! lawlz.

I agree with what you said ... but I'd really wish it wasn't so. All this talk of beating Nick into being straight just makes me sad. Gah! He doesn't need a girlfriend, he already has a love interest. As someone else mentioned (a long time ago) whenever Nick gets a female love interest, something bad happens to people. Including himself. The most recent one would be him staying around to see the redhead, and bam! Warrick kind of got shot. Not saying that Nick could have done anything about that, though, but I do think Nick heard the gunshots and raced out to find poor Warrick. Wow, a little bit off the original topic, but meh.

I would absolutely just die if at the finale of CSI Nick and Greg just kissed, right at the last few minutes. Everyone who couldn't see their chemistry would be all, "...wtf?" but if it's the very last episode, who'd care that much?

Or maybe in the (very distant, not even confirmed) future CSI movie there could be a solid moment between Nick and Greg that proves that they are together, or that they are at least interested.

Heck, I don't think our boys have even hugged yet. A hug isn't too far off from a chest pat (well, maybe it is, but who cares) so maybe we might get a hug in season nine? I mean, if Warrick indeed did die, then there's going to be major comfort moments for all the characters, and isn't a hug comforting?

Come on TPTB ... make me a happy fangirl!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  7. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Hi Clarrisani. It's really been a while! Welcome back! :thumbsup:

I share your fears that S9 could be the end of the Love (as we know it) but we have to stay positive!! No negative thoughts! The Love will prevail.
    And maybe, just maybe, they get together in the very last episode? Oh, now that would be so awesome! They wouldn't even have to kiss, just holding hands or hugging would be enough for me!
    See, that positive thinking :lol:

I'm so with you, my_last_chance, instead of letting Cath hug Nicky it could easily be Greg! People could think what they want but we would know! Ah, I can picture it know, Nicky near tears at the wedding, Greg putting his arms around him and hugging him ... sigh :eek:

8. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Exactly MLC! That would be the best final for TV show ever. Yeah, the final of our dreams;)

All this movie thing is so far far away. But also would be great to see some Love moments in such a big project.

Agree here. We didn't see hugs in last seasons but in 9th season we should! There's a big possibility so sorry writers, you can't lose this chance... (wow, my optimistic side)

And 9th season... hmm... I'm going back to my black thoughts. Again is a big possibilty that Greg will have a lack of screentime (little OT, it's a part of other disucussion). And that means not much moments with Nick. Not much moments with Nick so no moments of Love. But absolutely the worst is for me the feeling that writers etc. will try again to make Nick straight. You know, waitress and new girl in the team. That's making writers chances to do something again with real Nick's side which we know that is gay. That makes me really sad... but after that post I'll picture again good moments and just see our guys holding their hands, hugging etc. Positive thinking is important but sometimes is really hard.

Hi, Clarrisani!:)

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

As far as season 9, with a new CSI and Lawrence Fishburne joining the cast I think we'll be lucky if we ever see Greg again, let along the guys working together or interacting, So I hate to be so negative but that's just how I feel right now. I feel we've already gotten the best were gonna get as far as The Love goes. I hope to god I'm wrong though.

10. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Exactly!!! and that signifies to me that the love will be dropped big time. That also means that Greg will be given very little air time- infact season 8 was the best we've gonna get as far as the love- or the men working together on cases.

Slightly off topic - if an A star actor comes to pick up the rains so to speak, how long do you think that CSI will actuarly last? Yep I'm with Wojo here. Nick will still have good air time, but Greg nope.

Someone akin to Fishburn would probably have it in his contract that he will want at least 20 minutes per episode and- that he'll still be free to do movies etc.

IF and I mean IF there ever is a CSI movie, then something would have to happen, because it cant be like the tv show we all know and love. Because a movie will be a stand alone product, then if all the original characters and stars do sign up for it, then there might be a possibility of Nick being gay- just a possiblity.

11. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I'm with you both ladies. Now it's really impossible to wish that Greg will have more screentime then last season. Nick for Carol M. is one of the most important characters so will see him, Catherine and LF's character. I hate that feeling that next season won't be a good season for us. Not much Love moments (I hope we'll see some), GSR and new characters.

OT, candygirl, I agree with this part where you said about A-actor's contract. It's obvious about 20 minutes for him and time to making movies. It's not good... Really.

Yeah, possibilty. And we know what to think about possibilities.

12. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Ladies, ladies, where is all the negativity coming from!

Although I know exactly what you mean. It seems TPTB never really "liked" Greg that much or he'd have got far more screen time over the seasons. :(

Ah, now I'm depressed, too! :(:scream:

Maybe that'll help:
    [​IMG]

Even if this season should suck for our boys we still know that they're together! We'll just have to rewatch all the older seasons.

Btw, Deirdre, your new Avatar is awesome!

13. my_last_chance

EEEgads. I hadn't even thought of Greg getting less screentime. Wow. This majorly sucks, but now that I've read your guys' posts about LF joining, I'm thinking that yeah, he's going to be the one who's shafted, yet again.

That really bugs me, not just because I want Nick/Greg screentime, but because Greg's been there since the pilot episode, and he's been getting less and less screentime even though he's one of the most adored characters, but I guess that's a rant for another day.

Well, even if they do give Nick a girlfriend, we all know what she really is, right? Beardy beardy beard. Nothin' to it. Of course, if TPTB ended up making Nick marry this woman, then I'd ... uh, well I don't know what I'd do. Maybe Nick would have an affair with Greg? I seriously doubt that though--Nick isn't like that.

I'm trying to keep positive, though. The Love shall never die! As long as we believe in it, it's still alive. It may not be thriving, per se, but it's still alive.

14. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Yeah, that helped! Ufff, luckily near to the all bad thoughts are our good feelings that they're together. No actor from A list, his contract, even producers, writers etc. won't destroy Love. They know it. We have the power here;) They can try to change it but have no chance in this war (they won few battels, but sorry, not war, lol):devil:

Sadly all out negativity comes from the consequences of TPTB's steps. Taking A star is only business to have more people to watch the show. They don't care about us, fans for years who want to see more favourite characters onscreen.

Thanks, love fan. I see my moving Greg is starting to be more and more popular:lol:

MLC, not such a things! No marriages etc. And yeah, girlfriend for Nick would be nothing more but very beardy beard. And 'cause I like some dramas and other sad angsty stuff - affair is a good idea from this point. Sorry, Nick is not that type of guy, but... Just see, he would be so unhappy with this woman! Definitely he would go to his true love and this love is Greg.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  15. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Of course Nick's "girlfriend" would be nothing more than the desperate efforts of TPTB to convince us that he's straight. But we'd see right through it! BEARD!!

I really don't know what I'd do if he'd actually married her! I don't know if I could watch on. As much as I love CSI for the stories, N/G is also a huge part why I watch it still.

Anyway, again with the negative! As long as they're still single and talk to each other every other episode I'm "happy". If they can't have each other, no one else should have them! ;) :thumbsup:
    And there is still fanfiction, right?! :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.