The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its hard for me to say who wears the pants in the relationship. I personaly think the boys switch roles often so I guess for me it all depends on the situation that are in.

Yep, exactly how I see it too. I think they both 'take charge' at different times, depending on the situation...I don't see Greg as helpless at all and as some others have said he is definitely more in control of his emotions than Nick is. I wish we could see his emotional side more, especially pertaining to Nick...I love, LOVE that cap when he says 'I thought we had a relationship' - such naked jealousy, bless him :) And I love how in the pictures you posted, they seem to be looking at each other instead of the evidence. Nice!

:thumbsup:to Seabird for yet more fantastic visual demonstrations of the Love. It's all in the body language. Are there any where they are mirroring each other's posture cos I think that's such a strong indicator of attraction, even unconscious.

Hey, QOTU, that idea (the angst and Nick and Greg's daughter) is great, think it could be really powerful. I for one can't write stuff like that 'cause it makes me sad, if you get time you should 'cause you are the Queen of angst and I'm sure would do it well. I will be using your other idea (phobias) so thanks...speaking of fics, where is everyone at WMTDB??? It's been so quiet the last couple of days, I'm rather nonplussed. Going to update later anyways.

I'm so tired. On the plus side I have found a shop in town where I can buy Blue Hawaiian coffee - oh yes, it's marvellous :p

Nat x

btw - welcome (or welcome back?) Nick and Greg :)

lol, speaking of coming out stories, I thought of another one this morning... a really bad angsty one, and I've got most of the scene played out in my head, which is annoying. I mean, you know, I've already got stories I'm working on. I'll give you the idea since I'm doing my best not to write it because I feel like sharing. If you like, maybe I'll do something with it. So, this is in Grissom's pov. He overhears Nick yelling at Greg in the hall about taking her away from him, and he's confused and goes to see what's up. Greg's noticing everyone watching them and talking about coming out this way. It turns out that Nick's current case has him on edge, and in a violent mood so Greg took his daughter away from him to protect her. The thing is, no one knew Nick had a daughter (two years old). Griss begins to yell at Greg because that's kidnapping. But Greg points out that it's not because he has two documents that show it: one a document that says he and Nick share a last name and another which shows the daughter shares their last name as well. And no one knew any of this was going on. Greg refuses to tell Nick where he and the girl are living, since they moved out of their house, until Nick gets the help Greg's been telling him to get. Angsty, I know. I couldn't help myself, I guess.

^-^ Wow. That's phenomenal! It would probably be extremely hard for Nick and Greg to hide their daughter from the rest of the team. In a way, that would be sort of sad, but it makes sense. If they weren't ready to come out to everyone, then why would they let the team meet their daughter? I could definitely see Nick getting in a violent mood. I could see a child abuse/murder/rape sort of case set him off, seeing as how he's now a dad. Greg would probably be more cool towards the case (if he was working on it with Nick) but at home he would be exceptionally protective of their little girl. Gret taking her away from Nick when he was really starting to lose it just completes it. Greg would do anything to save their daughter, even if it meant hurting Nick. Nick would come around eventually, realizing he could have hurt their child. I also love how it's in Grissom's point of view. He would have those sort of weird thoughts that just move the story along. It'd be interesting to know what he thought of the whole situation in the end. I would also want to know the whole dialogue (in the argument) between Greg and Nick. Seeing Nick get really angry is always interesting, seeing as how he's usually somewhat mellow. I don't think I've ever seen Greg snap either, and it would be exciting to read how you portray that.
So, in short, I love the idea. xD

:thumbsup:to Seabird for yet more fantastic visual demonstrations of the Love. It's all in the body language. Are there any where they are mirroring each other's posture cos I think that's such a strong indicator of attraction, even unconscious.

I'm glad you liked the caps, Sara's Girl. I think a good example of the boys mirroring each other was in "Grissom's Divine comedy". I loved how, in this scene, they kept looking at each other over Grissom's shoulder ;)

grdc7.jpg

Dizzney said: "Nick does seem to look at Greg more fondly overall than Greg looks to him.:p"

Greg also looks at Nick very fondly:

upsmoke3.jpg

pm1.jpg

FACE03.jpg

And because these two images tell the whole Nick/Greg story:

s2_12.jpg

10702.jpg

A beautiful eight-year story that , next week on season finale, TPTB want to put an end to, giving Nick a 23-year-old girlfriend...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
A beautiful eight-year story that , next week on season finale, TPTB may want to put an end giving Nick a 23-year-old girlfriend...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

^-^ I forgot it was next episode that Nick gets a girlfriend. I'm kind of mad at him now... Warrick's in so much trouble, and Nick's going and asking some woman out? Seriously, if it was my friend, I would be putting forth my whole effort into trying to find out exactly what happened. But, well, if Nick asks the Stephanie (sp?) person out at the end, after they solve the case then we know that Nick's just doing that to get his mind off Warrick. He would just be using her as a BEARD. Do you hear me, TPTB? She. Is. A. Beard!
*hyperventilates for a few seconds, then grabs a paper bag*
Fewf, I'm okay. ;)

Ugh, the girlfriend. BEARD I say BEARD! Anywho awesome screencaps everyone i was squeeing over here. If my mom had of seen my face I think she would've been scared of what I was looking at.

Hm.. I do agree that Nick is more emotional than Greg. Well, Greg hides it better.

QOTU that scenario would be an amazing fic. I would love to read that one. It' be so sad though to have to read Nick and Greg fighting like that. Awehs.

Oh wow, the promo for next week's episode looks intense. Poor Warrick. I guess this is pretty much his final episode hey? Sucks. Well the girlfriend for Nicky makes a slight more sense if it's in reaction to what happens with Warrick. Again I hope we get some Greggo jealousy.

^-^ Okay, in the episode last night, when Greg and Nick are entering the room (see the "those two know how to enter a room" link), Greg checks out Nick's butt! I swear, he's shaking his head at the ground, looks up, then looks back down. Or maybe I was so desperate to see some more subtext, I started fabricating it. Anyone have any screen caps to see if I'm imagining things or not?

I saw that too! You definitely did not imagine it. And not only did he look down at Nick's butt but he also gave a smirk, like ha ha I'm checking out Nick and no one knows! It was cute, I captured the screen shot. You can see the smirk on Greg's face as he's obviously checking out Nick.

2andahalf15b.jpg

I have other pics posted on the Greg pic thread...

Last edited:
^-^ Okay, in the episode last night, when Greg and Nick are entering the room (see the "those two know how to enter a room" link), Greg checks out Nick's butt! I swear, he's shaking his head at the ground, looks up, then looks back down. Or maybe I was so desperate to see some more subtext, I started fabricating it. Anyone have any screen caps to see if I'm imagining things or not?

I saw that too! You definitely did not imagine it. And not only did he look down at Nick's butt but he also gave a smirk, like ha ha I'm checking out Nick and no one knows! It was cute, I captured the screen shot. You can see the smirk on Greg's face as he's obviously checking out Nick.

2andahalf15b.jpg

^-^ I knew I didn't imagine it! I'm glad someone else caught it, too, or I would've thought I was going insane. That's quite the cute smirk Greg has. He's pretty sneaky, seeing as how no one noticed. I'm definitely going to check out those other pics xD
Thanks for posting that screen cap, Wojo!

See that picture, of Greg looking down at Nick screams that he is looking down there getting a quick lookie at his behind... I just sent my friend the picture and she said its just Greg looking down....

Why cant people see the truth that we can???

Shall Greg have a t-shirt saying... I heart boys and girls....
Nick wearing a t-shirt with, I heart Greg only....

Well when I look at that picture really good I would also say that Greg is really just looking down, but we want to think that he is looking at Nick because we believe in The Love. So whatever makes us happy I say go along with it.

Okay and I guess Greg has had his moments of longing looks at Nick. :lol: I mean I would too. :)

Well when I look at that picture really good I would also say that Greg is really just looking down, but we want to think that he is looking at Nick because we believe in The Love. So whatever makes us happy I say go along with it.

Okay and I guess Greg has had his moments of longing looks at Nick. :lol: I mean I would too. :)

Yeah but Dizzney, its subtext.... It is meant to have two meanings. Subtext can refer to thoughts and motives of a character which are only covered in an after thought. It can also be used to refer to controversial subjects without actuarly informing a person or a group what is being said.

So to round up. Greg is looking at Nick's bottom, but also at the ground. In fact the look is at his bottom, but the way that they play subtexual sceens, then to the unobservant eye, it does appear to be that Greg is looking down on the floor....

Of course the girlfriend is a beard, twenty three lol, please he is nearly fourty or is fourty and she is old enough to be his daugher. Wonder what pops would say back on the farm...farm??? ranch lol.... I think that Nick's Pop would actuarly prefer him to be single...

2andahalf15b.jpg

Oh wow. That is an amazing pic. I didn't even notice that when I watched the episode. Greg is totally checking him out. I don't blame him either.
It's starting to annoy me how there's so much subtext and yet very few people can see it. I know that some aren't Nick/Greg shippers and therefore are not on the look out for it or take it to be something else. But it's so obvious. Anyway rant over.
It wouldn't surprise me if I cry in next week's episode. Poor Warrick having to deal with all that.

^-^ I agree with you when you say, "whatever makes us happy I say go along with it." I mean, with subtext, isn't it all relative? None of it is set in stone. Anyone could find a logical argument about everything: the Wink of Love, the Ass Check, the Jaw Clench... it's all up to debate, and as a shipper, I think that debating about the different ships is fun and interesting.

Yeah but Dizzney, its subtext.... It is meant to have two meanings. Subtext can refer to thoughts and motives of a character which are only covered in an after thought. It can also be used to refer to controversial subjects without actuarly informing a person or a group what is being said.

So to round up. Greg is looking at Nick's bottom, but also at the ground. In fact the look is at his bottom, but the way that they play subtexual sceens, then to the unobservant eye, it does appear to be that Greg is looking down on the floor....

Of course the girlfriend is a beard, twenty three lol, please he is nearly fourty or is fourty and she is old enough to be his daugher. Wonder what pops would say back on the farm...farm??? ranch lol.... I think that Nick's Pop would actuarly prefer him to be single...

^-^ Re subtext: Excellent point. In fact, I didn't even know a lot of the stuff you said about subtext. Greg was sneakin' a peek at Nick's behind, but covered it up by looking at the ground. Subtext at work. xD
Re Pops out back at the ranch: I dunno, I think Judge Stokes would want Nick to settle down and start a family. He seemed really old fashioned to me, and old fashioned means get married and start havin' some kids so they can tend to the ranch for ya. ;)

Oh wow. That is an amazing pic. I didn't even notice that when I watched the episode. Greg is totally checking him out. I don't blame him either.
It's starting to annoy me how there's so much subtext and yet very few people can see it. I know that some aren't Nick/Greg shippers and therefore are not on the look out for it or take it to be something else. But it's so obvious. Anyway rant over.
It wouldn't surprise me if I cry in next week's episode. Poor Warrick having to deal with all that.

^-^I dunno, to me a lot of Nick and Greg's subtext can be extremely subtle, and even I miss it (I am getting better at spotting it, though). We can't push or force our ship on anyone. Some people just aren't going to see it. That's just that. I mean, I don't see CatNip or Snickers at all but lots of people do, and they may think that the subtext is painfully obvious.
Again, it's all your opinion.
Re Warrick: Warrick's a strong guy. If he doesn't start crying, neither should you, lawlz. ;)

JEEZ! I've been gone a day and look at that, two new pages, written! I'm behind...

Yeah, okay, so, I think that TPTB needs to wise up the changing world. Gay relationship are aomething that are becoming more and more accepted, especially by the younger generation. I mean, even my mom, who was born in the sixties, is supportive of this! I mean, she's even said it; she doesn't mind. GRR....

AAAAAA! FANGIRL SQUEEL! Nick isn't the only one checking the other out at work! They are very subtie about it, only having gotten caught twice....

But...Oh, here it comes again...it might not be Nick/Greg. Their characters. Agains, the TPTB could be planning something, but I don't think they told Eric to check George's ass out. Oh, I know! I don't mean to be a negative nelly, but... Uh...I'm not going to get in trouble again, so I'm not mentioning it. Buuuuuut...uh...I think there MIGHT be something going on with SOMEONE...uh...

Yeah well, there you go. I'm going back to exile; the land of no internet service.

-Lynn

Ah, pretty pictures of the boys and a good episode for the Love too, I assume?

Is it just me or does Nick look really cool, handsome, young and relaxed in those screencaps? Well, a younger lover does that to you ... and look at his clothes! Thight shirt, thight jeans, Nicky was shopping again with his Greggo.

And Greg's hair's coming back!! Yeah. And I so love the ass check!!! Long live the subtext!

I agree that both Nick and Greg wear the pants in their relationship, depending on the situation their in. Nick's more emotional or at least we don't get to see Greg's emotional side on the show. I can totally imagine Greg having a breakdown at home with Nick after his first day after the beating.

I can't believe that this "girl" (who could be easily Nick's daughter!!!) is going to be his girlfriend. He's probably just confused with whatever is going on with Warrick (I have no idea what's going on with Warrick since I haven't seen any S8 episode yet) and that's why he asks her out. Any way it doesn't make sense. His choices regarding women have always been extremely bad!

I simply refuse to believe that he's getting a girlfriend (BEARD)!!

I'm glad you liked the caps, Sara's Girl. I think a good example of the boys mirroring each other was in "Grissom's Divine comedy". I loved how, in this scene, they kept looking at each other over Grissom's shoulder ;)

grdc7.jpg

And because these two images tell the whole Nick/Greg story:

10702.jpg

Ah, they are all good, but this ^^^^ is just....adorable, beautiful and cold-shower-needing material all in one picture. Which epi is this from again? Muuuust rewaaaatch....lol.

Thanks for the mirroring one too, I like very much!

I see subtext because I want to, I am looking for it I suppose...there are probably similar moments from other ships but I tend to see them as evidence of a friendship or whatever but nothing more. I don't think it's just my imagination though, Greg and Nick just *fit* in a way other pairings don't for me. I guess it's chemistry. It makes me happy so *shrugs*

I'm not even going to think about the girlfriend any more, it just makes me feel bleurrggh. It's wrong! It is a big age gap and I don't see Nick as a cradle snatcher at all...it's all just a little obvious...because he's picking the stereotypical perfect blonde, cute, young woman to hide his big gay secret. What's that thing again...a bit like a moustache but not....oh yeah. Hehe.

Right, I must go now and type up my scribblings before I start falling asleep...Greg/Nick through the eyes of Greg's mother :)

Nat x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back