The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^All i know is her madian name is Hojem. Its Greggo's middle, his full name is Gregory Hojem Sanders. Also we learn this in 'Let the Seller Beware' when Griss puts mildew on his feet. I've read her referred to as many first names in different fanfictions. Sorry if that rambling was no help at all.
    ^^Sure no problem, send me some linkage as well I would love to read your work.:thumbsup:

^^ I totally agree with that, if shes that young that makes Nicky about 14 years older then her. Hmmm. I'm 22 and thats like Nick dating me weird. Why do they keep having him mess around with younger girls, when Greggo has been there all along. Also like love_fan said all the women he dates just meet bad ends. The writers just need to get on broad and write in a non hetero relationship. I hate people who fear different things. Katlynn888 I love your cheer. :lol:

PS-While I was Goggleing some CSI stuff, I found out that there is a Greg Sanders, Professor of Composition at the Texas A&M University. Just found that connection all kinds of weird and such.

2. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Oh god, such a good point well made! Nick - when you date women, BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO PEOPLE YOU LIKE. :lol:

They are perfect for each other, there's no denying it. You can see it in the way Nick smiles when Greg is acting all weird, and well, Greg. TPTB have a serious case of denial. (why do I keep typing Denali instead of denial??) *sigh* So far in the closet they may as well be in Narnia...

My Last Chance....nnngggg...I love Up in Smoke, just for that bit *flail* Does anyone else start thinking about them working out together after that scene...maybe one thing leading to another...ahem.

Bit of locker slamming would be nice...or break room sex. (Heh, 'going at it' sorry about that lol. That would be a good dream, no?) Or - and oh, yeah, it's that time again - how about like this:

http://www.nickandgreg.com/desert_archive/viewstory.php?sid=4884&i=1

Katlynn - thanks very much hun :) and yeah, of course you can, tis my name after all...

MsCatherineBrown - no, that was helpful, thank you! It seems she doesn't have an official name so that's ok. Gregory Hojem Sanders-Stokes? *she says, hopefully*

Nat x

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  3. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ It's in the second part of my fanfic. Once the second part is uploaded (hopefully tonight), do you want me to send you the first part? I'm not trying to get some.. ah, what's the word? Publicity, I guess. It just might be confusing if you don't read the first part.

^-^ It's true, the women Nick dates don't always have happy endings. Actually, none of them did, right? I hate to admit it, but well, since I think that Kristi was the worst for Nick, I think what happened to her was kind of... appropriate. Or that just might be my dislike of her showing through. I'm sorry, but that woman was absolutely annoying in so many different ways.
    Re Greg Sanders: That's... really weird, actually, but extremely interesting. I wonder if he watches the show? And on The Eyes of Nye (educational Science movies, it's for the older kids who used to watch Bill Nye the Science Guy) there's a segment that is titled "Science with Mr. Sanders" or something like that. I laughed out loud when I saw that and said, "Hmm, what if Greg started to look like that guy in a few years?"

*EDIT*
    ^-^ That would be absolutely amazing. *goes off into dream land* But honestly, I could see Nick helping Greg out at lifting weights and they jogged home (if it wasn't too far away) and Nick tucked Greg into bed 'cause Greg was sore and exhausted. *sighs* Adorable. Just adorable.

4. nickfangirl

nickfangirl Prime Suspect

Whenever a woman dates Nick, a kitten dies. o.o
    But she is supposed to be 23, wow, 3 years older then me. Not that I would ever dream of dating our Nick, no way. He is taken by another guy. :(

But it is GSR, damn it. I hope it doesn't lead to Nick leaving.

5. Sara's Girl

Awww yeah...that would be adorable. I love the idea of them being sweet with each other as well as wanting to drag each other into bed. Compromise then...they have a, umm, steamy moment in the shower at the gym and then go home and the fluffy romantic stuff ^^^ ensues? :)

Science with Mr Sanders, eh? Sounds good to me! I wonder if Greg hadn't been a CSI he could have been one of those fantastic inspirational teachers, you know the kind that leaps all over the place and makes science really entertaining, as well as being extremely hot of course. But then how would he have met Nick? Strike that then. But it's a nice thought all the same. :p

Nickfangirl - Indeed - God Nick, can't you think of the kittens??!! Heh.

Nat x

6. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

I wonder if that's just a seriously weird coinsdins! I know I did not spell that right.

Oh God, Nick, THINK OF THE POOR KITTENS! Oh...just get with Greg. Yes, from now on, when I refer to the Nick/Greg cause, I will refer to it as, "Save to kittens." OH! That could be something we put at Defining moments. "Join to save the kittens" lol.

Yeah. I've been sitting here for an hour, and I can't feel my butt, and my foot's fallen asleep, and, Ooh...I can't move my toes...hehe...

-Lynn

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Well I can't stand the thought of Kittens dying so Nick better get over this so called girlfriend/beard and get it on with Greg! But whatever happens (or doesn't happen) I'll deal with it. I have my own very active imagination and numerous fics to see me through.

[​IMG]

Save me!

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I want to know why everything thinks Hojem is Greg's middle name. It is his mother's maiden name but I have never seen it said that it was HIS middle name. Plus he has never been referred to as Gregory on the show. It is possible his name is just Greg and not Gregory. I have known several Greg's where that is their given name. Sorry it is something that has just always bugged me. :lol:

Onto CBS and CSI not going for a gay couple on the show. I can see why. Many of the show's overall viewers are older and many of those older viewers are not necessarily as excepting as us younger ones are of gay couples and wanting to see it on their televisions. I know, unfortunately, my parents would fall into that category. I have no problems with it at all but I was brought up in a totally different generation. I think Greg and Nick as a couple would be great. I've been reading so many The Love fics lately that are really good...I can see it more and more in fantasy, because I know in reality it will not happen. Subtext is what we will have to live with.

9. Greggo_Obsessed

Greggo_Obsessed Hit and Run

Geez you people post fast.

This is so true. Many shows have had gay couples before. Why not CSI? Mean homophobes.
    And yes Nick with a 23 year old. Not cool Nicky not cool.

I so totally agree. Is teh hotness and a happy fangirl.

Lawlz may as well be in Narnia. That made me laugh. I totally agree that Nick needs to stop dating women before he ends up dead honestly. That had never happen by the way *knock on wood*.

Awehs I can totally see that. I might have that in my fanfic when I get around to writing it of course. Yeah 14 years? It's just not right. I have to say the person playing her:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2832695/
    is really pretty but that is so stereotypical to have a cookiecutter woman.(As my_last_chance said)

My parents are in that category too and it annoys me when I show them the subtext and they don't see it and that they don't agree with t in the first place. I agree that us younger folk are more open to the concept of same-sex relationships. I wonder why that is? Maybe because there's more of it? I don't know.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  10. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ Actually, the guy in it is old, his hair is combed over and he has funky glasses. >.< But, who knows. If Nick had continued on to become a CSI and Greg had become a Science teacher, well maybe they could have met at a Science lecture at a university or something.

^-^ Yup, I can see us only having subtext, but with the way season eight is going, I haven't even seen any of that recently. CSI isn't the same show it was before. Characters grow and change, but, after eight years of subtext, you didn't think that bam! one day it wouldn't be there anymore. I hope the next episode breaks this saddening streak, but well... *shrugs*

^-^ Re Nick with Stephanie (I believe that's her name): Uggh. Honestly. A blonde woman who is beautiful. I would have preferred him with that cop a long time ago. But seriously, why does she have to be that young? *rolls eyes* So many things wrong with this. It's so out of character for him, well I think so anyways.
    Re fanfic: Go ahead and use that. I'll know anyways, since I'ma beta it for you, lawlz. Iz watching youuu. Heh, just kidding. :cool:

11. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ Hmmm thats true Dizzney, thats what all the CSI websites say it is , but thats true he has never said on the show about his name. Also I totally agree with idea about the older views not enjoying a male/male couple on the show. CSI has such a wide range of viewers you think the writers would catch on to the following this ship has.

^^ Blah she is so stereotypical blond chick. No offense to any blonde here. You really think Nicky would be above dating such cookiecutter women, I really like that term. But its ok cause shes just a BEARD, and BEARD , thats right ladies and gents a BEARD.

Also my_last_chance send me a PM with a link to the first part, and Sara's Girl I'm gonna go read you fic right now. New episode tonight, we know the boys have at least one scene together so heres to hoping for some subtext action.

12. Sara's Girl

Aww :( But yeah, I like that idea! A kind of student/teacher relationship, think of the subtext you could have with that...interesting power balance thing as well, maybe Greg could be all authoritarian. Ok, now I'm thinking Nick/Greg role play smut...hehe :p That's your fault, my last chance!

Total agreement with most of what has been said about CBS and gay relationships. It makes sense they are afraid to alienate older viewers with more conventional views of sexuality. But...just a little something between them would make a lot of people very very very happy! I don't know how well supported this ship is in general, as in outside of here and WMTDB as I haven't really looked anywhere else, but I'm sure it's there. Stand up and take notice, show-writing-types! *stern look*

Oh, Ms Catherine Brown, I love your optimism and support it wholeheartedly :thumbsup:I think it will do us no good to focus too much on this 'girlfriend'. (BEARD BEARD BEARD). Um, did I mention...beard? Thanks for reading my stuff too, let me know what you think (even if it's bad!)

So yeah. In the interests of optimism and because I'm feeling Love-deprived (my housemate has commandeered the tv so there is no CSI for me tonight) ...what is everyone's absolute favourite, ultimate subtext moment from any of the seasons? If you just had to pick one...

Nat x

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  13. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Hi, everyone. I've been busy, I'm sorry. My legs are aching from soccer drills, and I can't move...uhg...

I'm working on my website, it's not open for the public yet, but it will be soon. It's called Katlynn and Fuzz, and it's a website for my sister and I. It explains about our seperate obsesions and stuff like that. I might post the link when it's done. Of course, if no one wants it, I won't force it on you!

Yeah, new epi tonight, and I hope there's some real subtext. I always ask this, but whose live chatting tonight?

Oh, Nat, do you have a new chapie up? Let's see....

-Lynn

14. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Hey guys! I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve been on here again. But you guys just type too fast for me to catch up! Lol.

Anyway, some comments... the first... to MsCatherineBrown and Sara’sGirl, I loved both of your love quotes! Sara’sGirl, can you tell me the name of the movie this came from? This one especially fits with a story I’ll be writing about the boys. And yes, I’m writing so much fluff right now, it’s going to be total angst, and filled with sadness, but you’re all gonna love it! The idea is one I’ve been working on for years, trying to come up with an idea from Simon and Garfunkle’s song "The Boxer" and I finally came up with something! But, it’ll be awhile before I get to post it I think.

Ummmm... oh yes! Right outside the building where I work there’s a cruise ship called Norwegian Dream... how’s that for ya? The thing’s huge! Ah, and I can think of at least one Norwegian Dream I’d like to have! Lol...

That’s weird about the teacher at A+M. But technically, I died at the ripe old age of 79... natural causes, I think my obituary said. I looked up my name on the internet and that’s what it said. There was very little about the real me. Here’s the funny thing, like Greg Sanders, I looked up my dad’s name, and he’s a computer programmer who can’t stand Microsoft. But there’s a guy who works at Microsoft with the same exact name. Weird, huh? Off topic, I know. Sorry.

Getting back to topic, if Greg were a chem teacher, I know I would have passed chem instead of failing it! So, if he were a teacher, how would he and Nick have met? Well, for those who don’t mind sad endings, check out my fic Till Death Do Us Part, because it’s AU and Greg’s a chem teacher in a small town high school, and he remembers meeting Nick for the first time. I love that scene every time I think about it... I think several readers commented on it too... ah, love at first sight! Hehehe.

As for the Hojem name, I know it’s his mom’s maiden name, but I thought in that mildew ep he said it was his middle name... or, didn’t Gil ask him about his middle name and he clarified that it was his mom’s maiden name? I know many people have given his parents many different names, but the ones I love the best are Jan and Dave Sanders. I mean, Maggs does a wonderful job with them. So much so, that I forget they aren’t cannon! At this point, if TPTB actually give his parents first names and all that, and they aren’t Jan and Dave, I’m gonna throw a fit. Lol, I do it when I read other’s fanfic and it’s not Jan and Dave just cause I’m so used to them, and I love their characters so much. I don’t know what I’m gonna do when I need to add them into a story. Jan and Dave are the best! Hehe, sorry, didn’t mean to go off, but it’s something I’ve been thinking a lot about for a long time. Can you tell? Heh, I’m just glad at least Jillian and Bill Stokes’s names are set in stone, even if their entire characters and personas aren’t.

Btw, I just watched "ch-ch-changes" and while Nick did look a little flustered to be around the women, he didn’t seem that bad. I wonder what was said between him and Greg later on at home, if they talked about the case as in how he dealt with them and if he was ok with it? You know?

And that brings me back to the phobias, and I love everything you’ve all said about them switching phobias and I’d love to read something like that. No... wait... back up a second... that would make an interesting "coming out" piece... lol, plot bunny coming! (Yup, you can steal this one too) I mean, if Nick is suddenly afraid of explosions and fire, on the show, as cannon, that would raise flags with everyone, since nothing has happened to him that deals with those things. At least, that’s what everyone else thinks. But in reality, something did happen, Greg nearly got blown to bits... see what I mean?

*sigh* subtext is everywhere. So, with all that said... sorry, I didn’t mean to write a novel, but you all had great stuff to comment about!... I’m gonna head out and go read some slashy goodness before the ep! OMG... one hour! Sweet. I hope it’s good. I mean, really good. Subtext... we want subtext!

15. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Okay this is from Let the Seller Beware...it is from a transcript online.
    So he never does mention it being is middle name at all. I think a lot of people misheard it and thought it was middle name and not maiden name.

I saw a clip of tonight's ep and there is definitely a scene with Nick and Greg together...so hopefully we get some of that subtext we have been hoping for. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.