The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ Re sending it to a critic: You honestly should. It points out such great factors in Nick and Greg's relationship!
    Re beard: Actually, she's been cast as a recurring role... and I don't like the sounds of that at all. I don't want her to take away any time from the original cast that took so long to become the characters they are today. Even taking away a second from Ecklie will be unacceptable, in my opinion. If you couldn't tell, I'm determined to dislike her, and it kind of bugs me. Me, the person who even likes the despicable Ecklie, trying (and it wasn't very hard!) to find a fault in this new girl who will be an interest for our gay Texan cowboy. Hmph.
    Re Love fans: Nope, I ain't goin' anywhere. I'm in it for the long haul. xD

2. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I was just reading through all the posts, and I totally love the idea of Katylnn888, and in ficland it would be awesome. Acutally it'd be awesome in the show, but I'm thinking ficland it would be great. Old childhood friend helps out, I like it ;)

I was just thinking though, there are a lot of fans of The Love, and I was just wondering if everyone here thinks that TPTB decided to give Nick a girlfriend because they are worried about the rumours of a Nick/Greg relationship, and the continued growth of this ship? Or whether they don't really know how big this ship is and are just trying to do something 'different' (not so different really!!)

I think they must know about the strength of this ship (surely it'd be naive not to) and, maybe they really were scared about its growth? Or do you think that's taking it to far and they wouldn't bring someone new (albeit a guest star) just because there is a large Nick/Greg ship following?

3. my_last_chance

^-^ I was kind of wondering about that. Did the writers know about The Love's awesome and powerful following, or did they just want to give Nick some sort or stable relationship? But, if they were going for a stable relationship, they have one right under their noses. Nick 'n Greg, obviously. I really wish someone would have the answer to whether or not it was just the writers trying to give Nick some (straight laced) happiness, or they were afraid of the rumors that Nicky was gay. *shrugs* I wish I knew. >.<
    One thing I cannot get over, though, is that while Warrick's career and his reputation is going down the hole, Nick's asking some waitress out. I can see it now...
    (Scene: Frank's Diner. Nick is sitting alone at a table. Outside, in the background, you can see Warrick getting chased around by the police. A waitress appears)
    Stephanie: (snapping and popping her raspberry gum) What can I get for ya?
    Nick: (thinks for a second) Well, since my best friend is kind of busy at the moment, (Warrick still being chased by police out in the street) how about a date this Friday night?

Yeah, real smooth there buddy. :p

4. Greggo_Obsessed

Greggo_Obsessed Hit and Run

bubbles, it's hard to say. It could be any of those. The writers are just doing what they're told, write the episodes. But I'll get off that topic.

my_last_chance, I agree. I am totally determined to hate her. No one should get in between Nick and Greggo. It just isn't right.

Nat, I will definitely try to read you fic...eventually. I've been super busy lately *grumbles about science prject due this Friday* but I will get to it. Watch out for that monkey.

Lynn, I totally love that idea. It probably won't happen but that's what fanfics are for. Someone needs to write that. And post the link.

Anyway, I too find it weird that when Warrick's in trouble all Nick does is go out and find the "prettiest" woman he can. It just doesn't make sense.

5. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I HATE my computer! It just shut down on me while I was making a post!!!!! :eek:

OK, let's see ...

Ah, yes, I just love your idea katlynn!! It's awesome and I'd love to read about it! hints at all the great writers here ;) If only TPTB were as thoughtful about their relationship but they probably just thought, Nick's a man, Nick needs a girlfriend 'cause Nick's from Texas and a manly man!!! :eek:

I agree with you all that TPTB must at least be aware of us Love fans and in the back of their heads that's probably a (tiny) reason for introducing a love interest for Nick. I mean the guy never dated a woman for more that a few dates (cop, Kirsty ended up dead and blonde chick was never mentioned again). Warrick on the other hand always mentioned his current dates. Even Greg mentioned women more often than Nick! So why all of a sudden change that? Exactly, Nick's stepping up and we wouldn't want our new golden boy to be rumoured as gay! 'Cause being gay is a very bad thing, right!!!?! :wtf:

And, yes, I already dislike this new girl just because she's supposed to be Nick's love interest! How sad is that!??

I hope that we will at least see Greg behaving "strange" around her. Like making snide remarks about how much time Nick spends with her or just plainly telling her off. Ah, wouldn't that be great???!!! Want to see jealous Greg (well, actually not, but if it comes that far ...)

6. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ Its just one of those things we will never understand, why the writers did it. I agree and really think they just suddenly got all twitchy about the slash ship and wanted to give him some predictable hetero relationship. How boring. :p Get with the 21st century people, its for boys to like other boys. OR maybe they ware using her as a stepping stone for the boys to declare their love for each other. Maybe after jumping into this realtionship with this young girl Nicky will see how perfect Greggo is for him and dump her and we will get a passionate confession in the locker room. But that just might be my fangirl hopes being to high.

:guffaw:I love it and its totally true, so random. The gum was a nice touch as well.

7. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Well, I personally don't think that is going too far, I think TPTB could have some genuine worries about the following this ship has, I really do. Well, good! Because, as My Last Chance says, I am here for the long haul also and will not give up on my OTP no matter how many random blondes they try to hang off Nicky. I wonder why they never give Greg a girlfriend/boyfriend (not that I would want this, at all, ever!) :eek: Maybe some TPTB representative is reading this right now...hmm I scared myself a little there. I wonder if they have horns and pitchforks...

Nah, Love Fan, it's not sad, it's completely rational, I dislike her too, already.

I would love to see Greggo acting snidey and jealous around her. And then her being all confused as to why he seems to resent her when they've just met. I must be a sickening optimist because on some level I'd like - once everyone had come to their senses and our guys had got together - for her and Greg to be friends, and laugh about the whole girlfriend thing. Maybe she could take up with Catherine instead...she will need someone to comfort her after Warrick leaves...or am I just being too slashy now for my own good? :lol:

Have you seen that monkey, Greggo Obsessed?! He keeps on making me write sad things and making Greg cry. It's really not good. Thanks for reading btw!

I have spent this evening reading angst and writing angst and now as a result I feel a bit weepy and keep thinking of Nick and Greg breaking up. I need fluff, and I need it now :)

Nat x

8. my_last_chance

^-^ Re Love fans and writers: Hmm, well, maybe, as Greggo_Obsessed said, the writers are just doing with they're told. Remember the Bobby Dawson thing? They wanted to imply that he was, in fact, gay, but TPTB told them to cut it. I'd like to think that maybe, just possibly, there are a few Love fan writers. Who knows.
    Re jealous Greggo: I am hoping that Greg says something that shows some disquiet and grief or anger over how his friend (and longtime crush/love interest) is behaving. I get the feeling that we're going to get the, "You got yourself a date? Awesome! Is she hot? Does she have any sisters? Where did you say you found her, again?" from Greg. That'd make me pretty sad/annoyed. There is something as showing a little bit of true emotion. But, underneath that "I'm-so-happy-for-you" exterior, Greg would definitely be heartbroken.

^-^ Maybe TPTB, seeing Nick as the obvious replacement for Grissom, think that for Nick to be the leader (having such characteristics as athletic, manly, and authorative) he has to be heterosexual. Bah. That's such a sterotype towards gay people. There is such a thing as being gay and not wearing flamboyant shirts and pants and having a set kind of attitude. There are a lot of people at my school who think like this, and it really gets on my nerves. I honestly wish that TPTB would look up from their rating books and glance around at the world. We aren't in the midieval ages anymore.

^-^ Eh, I personally dislike it when people snap their gum in my face, so, of course, I had to give that characteristic to her. xD

^-^ So that's where he disappeared to! I was wondering. >.< He always goes and harasses other writers for some reason, but right as I post another chapter, there he is again! Gah.

9. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

xD Oh yes. Please. I think I would die happy if that's how it went down. But, I've been thinking this over a bit and I can't really see any legitimate place that they could put in a date. :\ I mean, I can understand that it might happen because of the whole Warrick thing (they're story lines seem to be very similar: Warrick getting married after Nick's kidnapping, Warrick having sex with that girl and then having her die... This spoiler thingy thing, and Nick having sex with Kristy. :\ Little redundant, and while I imagine that they're just trying to strengthen their friendship, but... I kind of think that it's already strengthened enough...ANYWAY.)

I can see putting in a girlfriend NEXT season, but right now it just seems like they're trying to put too many story lines into one episode and overwhelm. Although, again, the stress over Warrick may have it kind of flipping out. But I can totally see a flaw in this plan! I mean, if they make Nick ask out a girl on a season finale... Um... Three months for thousands upon thousands of fic about breaking up and being miserable, and I'm not just talking about N/G, I'm talking about every other ship.

On another note, IS this chick supposed to be a CSI? I mean, I remember hearing that there was talk about her being...What, training for CSI-dom? I don't remember, haha, mostly because I don't really care. xD HOWEVER, if they're going to bring in a new CSI, they should bring in Wendy! And while I totally think it's stealing story lines from Greg, at least we know who she is and they can give her more background. I MEAN REALLY. They shouldn't be bringing in more characters when Greg gets little screen time as it is! And we know that if they were to bring in someone new, we'd see the new person so much more than we would Greg. *wonders why that is*

Anyway. I really hope that it's an attempt at a new story line for Nick, because if they're just doing it to stop the slash, um, they'll notice that it's not exactly working. >_> I believe we're all still here, yeah?

ALSO, I believe that there has been a few new posters, yes? AND ALSO, ZODIAC. I kept meaning to say HEY, STILL HERE, but then I got lost and confused and kept forgetting xD

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

No, she's not going to be a CSI, she is waitress going to school. They are hiring another female to replace Sara and someone else to replace Warrick. Plus Wendy is supposed to start field training. Geeez, that's a lot of people in the field! We may never see Greg again (he's always pushed aside)

11. my_last_chance

^-^ Many other people have said that the recurring cast is getting to be extremely large, and I have to agree. The main characters (including Greg) are definitely getting less time. These past few episodes have had less and less time with Greggo, and it makes me kind of blue. Greg's a funny guy (usually) and he's one of my favorite characters. Even though I like Wendy, I'd rather her stay in the lab if it meant more Greg time. And don't even get me started on those new people... I thought the CSI's were doing fine with the numbers they had. So maybe they'll have to replace Warrick, but they didn't have to replace Sara. >.<

12. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Wow guys... everything you've said since I was last here just makes so much sense! I can't quote and comment on each one, cause they're all good.

I want more of Greg! And Nick shouldn't have to be straight to get this promotion. speaking of promotions... I just rewatched Who Shot Sherlock, and I totally forgot how good it was. LOTS of Greg, and some good Nick too. Especially at the end. I mean, how many times did Nick pat him on the shoulder or back when they found out he passed? I counted three! Yes, three, in less than five minutes! That's got to be a record for the show for one ep. lol.

*sigh* I finished The Fighter last night, got it posted tonight. And all day today I've been in this amazing Love mood. It's been nice, to be so happy, thinking about them all day. lol. Anywho, go read said story, but remember to bring your Kleenex.

Well, that's it. I must get to bed asap. Work comes too early for me. Night all!

13. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Who Shot Sherlock was an awesome episode- Go Greg :D

We definately need more Greg, I'm only getting towards the end of season 7, and Greg's time is dwindling :(

I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing Nick's girlfriend (don't kill me!!) Not for the fact that I want Nick to have a gf (obviously), but because I actually want to see if Greg reacts- and even if the writer's havne't scripted anything, it'd be interested to see how Eric acts it, i.e. subtle looks of disgust lol.

14. my_last_chance

^-^ You know, I'd be okay with the whole thing IF we got some reaction from Greg/Eric. If Eric put in some subtext that wasn't scripted, then I would definitely be happy. It'd be pretty entertaining to watch Greg get kind of ticked off at Nick when Nick's talking about his date. xD

15. Greggo_Obsessed

Greggo_Obsessed Hit and Run

I totally agree. Any reaction from Greg/Eric would make me a happy fangirl. Even just a strange, strained look at Nick would be suffice. You hear that writers? SUBTEXT!!!! Yeah. I can't wait for Thursday! It's going to be such a good episode no matter how much I hate Nick's gf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.