The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Sorry, but you can't tell other posters what they can and cannot do and you cannot tell posters SKREW YOU ALL!! I don't know if you meant to be teasing or not but it does NOT look like you're teasing. Everybody on this board has a right to their opinions but not a right to attack others.

Please take note of the following:

~ We expect EVERYONE to have RESPECT for the other posters in this forum and their ships. Treat other ships the way you want everyone to treat your ships.
    ~ It is NEVER appropriate to flame or bash another poster or group of posters. Negative comments and snide remarks towards others will not be tolerated in this forum.

These rules can be found in the Shipper Central Rules, please familiarize yourself with them.

Thanks.

2. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

First off - thank you! And yeah...can't go wrong with that face, can you? :)

I have to say, the Nick/Santa thing is kind of disturbing! lol. Your transferred phobia idea intrigues me to say the least! Makes perfect sense to me and is actually lovely in a heartbreaking kind of way because it suggests that their biggest fear is something bad that could happen to the other, rather than something bad that could happen to themselves. Reminds me of the line from one of my favourite films where one character asks the other what love is, and she replies:

"Love is when you care for someone else more than you care for yourself" - which fits, somehow, for Greg and Nick - though I *may* be in a soppy mood again.

I like the lab explosion as a defining moment for them - maybe what makes Nick realise how deep his feelings are, and he has to act on them because life's too short. Perhaps. Please don't give me licence to take on more plot bunnies, I seem to be getting bitten quicker than I can write the things at the moment! lol. :lol:

Aw, My Last Chance, the hand shaking thing made me sad too. Poor Greggo :(

Nat x

3. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

I wonder about that as well. Like right there did they think Nicky was just nosy or something. When obviously he jealous about Greggo using his lunch break to help Sara. Also if I where in Nicky's situation I would be sneaking glances at Greggo 24/7, and same thing from Greggo's side as well.

We also see some issues with Greggo and fire in 'Spark of Life' when Grissom sends him to collect stuff from the burn victim in the hospital. I mean can barely watch those parts and I've never been blown up in a lab. But I think Griss sees the errors in ways when they get the fingers from the hospital to print, he takes over for Greggo and lets him take a break. Poor baby. :(

Beard, beard beard is all I'm gonna say. As for the phobia thing I agree with what Sara's Girl said about love. And we all know how protective the boys can be of each other. Like Greggo understands why the alarm clock in their bedroom can't be green cause the glow of the numbers reminds Nicky of his abduction. Heres another quote that applies. I have no idea who said it though.

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty. The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are; you end up being complete with your loved ones."

4. Greggo_Obsessed

Greggo_Obsessed Hit and Run

Yeah bit would definitely make sense if Nick was afraid of fire and Greg of being buried alive and all that. It works like that and I would know as I was the friend my_last_chance was mentionin about the fire thing.

I extremely hope this girlfriend is a beard. I do hope for some jealousy from Greggo though. Nick needs to learn from what happened to Kristi.

And since I didn't address it before, I too miss lab Greg. There was definitely a lot more subtext and he was more outgoing/playful. Not to say that I dislike CSI Greg but he's more serious now. And his hair keeps getting shorter(grumbles to self).

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Unfortunately with the way TPTB are going about things, the only reaction from Greg will probably be that he is happy for Nick and asks if she has a sister! I think TPTB are gonna do their best to quash rumors of Nick and Greg being in a romantic relationship. However, that won't stop us Love fans, we know the truth.

6. Sara's Girl

This is beautiful, and says it all really. :) The thing with the alarm clock...aww...it's little details isn't it? God I really am in a sappy mood. Spark of Life is awful, can't believe it takes Grissom so long to realise that making Greg deal with a burn victim is going to upset him. Of course, Nick was waiting at home to comfort him after that, right? In my mind...ooh, and which was the one where Nick had to go down into that basement/cave thing not long after GD? It was the one with the suicide cult...he looked so scared in that.

Oh, don't say that, Wojo! :( I know you're probably right when it comes to TPTB but I'd hate to see Greg have that kind of reaction. But yeah, we know better of course...the Love will out, one way or another.

Quick question - does anyone know what Greg's mother's name is? Would help me out a lot if someone knows...thanks!

Nat x

7. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ That part was really sad. I felt horrible for poor Greg. He was really affected by what happened to the woman in it. You could tell it in his eyes when he first saw her. My heart went out to him.
    I was kind of surprised when Grissom offered Greg a break. He usually doesn't do that, but I was proud of our ol' Gris. I'm glad he has some empathy. In that episode I really loved what Sofia said to Greg, about how to deal with stuff like that:
    Sofia: You go home. You, uh ... hug your cat, your dog, your pillow. You have a beer, you watch a movie, and then you come back tomorrow.*
    http://www.tv.com/csi/spark-of-life/episode/406222/summary.html

^-^ That's an amazing quote, and I think it fits really well with Nick possibly being afraid of fire, and just Greg and Nick all together. They complete each other. You really wouldn't have one without the other anymore.

^-^ Heh, yes I did mention you. Woops? LoL ;) And you are so right in saying that Nick should learn from his past mistakes. Honestly, who wants to bet that this woman will end up like Kristi? Possibly in a restaraunt hold-up? Has anyone seen White Noise 2: The Light? Anyways, sorry, random connection there, lawlz.

^-^ I'm starting to think that this may be the way, but I wish that it wasn't. I mean, we can talk about it all we want, but it won't change anything unless we actually put action to our words. >.< But yes, for us Love fans, we will always know the truth.

EDIT: MsCatherineBrown: Do you mind if I use the part about Nick being scared of clocks with green numbers for a fanfic of mine?

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  8. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

9. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

ARG! Why do TPTB have to mess with such a good thing?:brickwall: No, no, no, I refuse to give up! I WILL go down with my ship!:D

Seabird - I MUST WATCH THAT EPISODE! I think, maybe, Greg let it slip, and Nick was like, "What?" as in, "You did not just call me that at work" or somethign like that, but then Greg distracted him with what the hairs were and crap...Or, I'm crazy.

I LOVE THAT PROMO PIC! I mean, yesssssss....why WOULD that have a lab rat with a regular? ;)

Then again, Greg was a regular by the ned of the season, but seriously...I mean, Nick/Greg was planed from the begining. But, something happen. I don't know what (maybe negative fedback from the people the writters pitched the idea to?) But, I definitly think the writters had something up their sleeves. Now, about CM and JB and other people, I don't know...:confused:

GO WRITTERS!:thumbsup:

Uh...yeah. BEARD. LIKE MONICA! SHE'S A BEARD!:scream:

Yeah..Kudos if you know who I was refering to up there...;)

-Lynn

10. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Yeah Wojo I'm with you on this one 100%.

I can not believe that CBS and CSI are afraid to put a gay couple on their show... We dont expect to see anything naughty- cause thats not the type of show, but please what reason is there not to have a gay couple in the form of Nick Stokes and Greg Sanders...

Its not like anyone is saying anything about the actual actors.... All I want to see is the continuation of their chemistry and a gay couple on tv, even if its only fiction, its important to see other sorts of couples other than straight couples.

Yeah i agree with you all... What do we hear- Beard... What do we want - Subtext... What dont we want... bearded girlfriend.

11. Sara's Girl

Hear hear :thumbsup: I don't think we're asking for much really...like you say, it's not like we need to see them going at it on the break room table (though god knows, that would be marvellous :drool:) but there's really no good reason why they can't be shown as a couple. Just a bit of fluff...couple of nice domestic moments even? *sigh* This being the age of equality and all, and there have been gay couples on other shows and the world hasn't fallen in. I don't see how all of that chemistry can be ignored.

I have been watching Greg/Nick clip videos on youtube today (not sure how I got there but much fun was had by all) and when you look at it all together, it's just obvious! It's there in every little touch and glance that to me would just be unnecessary between people who just saw each other as friends or colleagues.

Seabird - I love that picture!

Nat x

12. my_last_chance

^-^ Amen! I agree with everything you just said. Aren't we in an age that should show all types of relationships, not just straight ones? I guess they want to avoid "bad publicity" for having a gay couple on their show... but I sincerely doubt it would cause an uproar. Other shows have had gay couples on them (for example, Torchwood and The O.C) and both these shows have good numbers for viewers (I think they do, anyways, lawlz)
    And please please please let her be a beard. And someone said she's 23? UGGH. It's Kristi all over again. Honestly Nick. You're NOT going to be stoned to death or anything if you admit that you're gay.
    So, in short: BEARD! Beard beard beard. Beard? I thought so.

^-^ Interestingly enough, when I was saying goodnight to a friend of mine on msn last night, she said for me not to dream of Greg and Nick "going at it," as you put it. Even she thinks both Nick and Greg would be "hot" together, and she doesn't even watch CSI!

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  13. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

She's supposed to be 23? That's pretty young, don't you think? It's like GSR all over again (with the age difference I mean). And what could she have that Greg doesn't? He's perfect for Nick. They're both intelligent, they like each other (very much), they're best friends, and what do people say, opposites attracts and that's exactly what Nick and Greg have! What they share is the best basis for a good everlasting relationship!

And really, look what happened every time Nicky tried to be straight? Kristy gets killed (I just won't watch Boom ever again!!!!), he got rid of the detective he dated pretty quick (can't remember if that was before or after Kristy?) and the blonde chick from the bar ... Catherine almost got raped.

Nicky, fate is trying to tell you something! DO NOT DATE WOMEN when you can have a loving relationship with Greg, the man who's perfect for you!

Uh, and btw, I hate it that TPTB are so inconsistent with the storylines (e.g. Greg's fear of fire or even Nick's fear of ants)

Absolutely love the promo pic! It's really like the writers wanted them to happen but the stupid network wasn't and still isn't ready for it yet. What's the big deal? They don't even have to show them making out, just the normal stuff, like what they're already doing, talking, touching, giving each other nicknames and so on. Just make it official already!!! :eek:

14. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Oh, you've gotta be kidding me! I spent so long writting a stupid reply, and IT LOGGED ME OUT! God, this site has a serious problem with that...

Uh, anyway, I'll try to remember...

Sara's Girl - I LOVE YOUR NEW ICON, NAT! Can I call you nat?

I agree with everyone. Nick had no reason to look in on Greg. Other than to see what his baby was up to, of course!

Yeah, I have to say, I'm really not liking TPTB right now. I really think they ned to lighten up. I mean, we're not asking for anything rounche. We're not asking for Nick to slam Greg into the lockers and lay one on him. (okay, maybe we are.) BUT NOTHING MORE THAN THAT!

I mean, seriously, if you let *one* gay couple cannon on CSI, the world won't, I assure you, stop revolving. The human race will not die. There will be no damage except for a few lost fans, who will be out numbers by the number of fans gained. I mean, seriously!

Examples:

Nuke. (EEEEE!)

Jake/Ianto. (FANGIRL SQUEEL!)

Oh, one little cheer!

Love shippers: WHAT IS THE GIRLFRIEND?!

Others: A BEARD!

Love shippers: WHAT DO WE WANT?!

others: NICK/GREG!

Love shippers: WHEN DO WE WANT IT?!

others: NOW! (or in the near future, if you would please?)

SO...yeah, there you have it, my friends. BYE BYE!

-Lynn

P.S - BTW, it logged me out again, while I was typing this, but I guess it's a good thing I saved it, eh?

15. my_last_chance

^-^ I too love that promo pic. You gotta question why they put Nick with a non-existant lab rat at the time. Did they expect that Greg would soon be main character... or was there another reason? Maybe they did plan to put Greg and Nick together, but their plan sort disintegrated. Kind of like what happened to Bobby Dawson talking about his homelife. It's sad, really.

^-^ Now that would be a site to behold. If it ever happened, I would probably have a heart attack and die a happy fangirl. Then come back to life... yeah. Sort of like RENT.
    P.S- Since I was watching Up in Smoke today, and came across this quote, I just had to post it.

Nick: It's a charred piece of plastic found in chimney guy's pocket. It may be a credit card. I'm trying to get some ID off of it.
    Greg: That's a gym membership card.
    Nick: How do you know that?
    Greg: The logo in the corner -- it's Burt's Gym -- I belong to the one on Flamingo.
    Nick: Oh, yeah? You, uh ... been pumping iron there, Greg?
    Greg: Yeah, a little, uh ... Muy Thai. It's competitive kickboxing. Gotta balance weights with cardio, you know what I mean?
    Nick: Yeah, okay, thanks. Anyway, I'll, uh, check it. Maybe I can get a membership name.
    Greg: Oh, you won't. Member names are printed in black ink. VSA only brings out the colors.
    Nick: Oh. Maybe it'll help us clear up the photo. (works on the photo and comes up with a picture) Nice.
    I love that scene. xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.