The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

UH...This might seem like the dumbest question of the century, but, when did Nick call Greg "G"?

I know! bad fangirl! *Slaps self on wrist* But, I can't remember when Nick started calling Greg G! ARG...

Anyway...

Queen - I LOVE THOSE SCENERIOS! Uh...not sure I spelled that right, but, yes, I love them!

MsCatherineBrown - I love those photos! Again, something that has been brough up at the ericandgeorge livejournal, can an actor, no matter how good, act a blush? I mean, seriously, is it possable?

here's how I see the whole girlfriend thing; TPTB is trying to create another Tina on us. I think this whole thing will blow over once TPTB realizes that's exactly waht their trying to do, no matter how much they deny it. And, think about it, not only with The Love shippers be angry, so will Snickers, Catnip, Sonic and other shippers! I mean, I think what we should do, it this whole thing doesn't go over quickly, we should get a huge petition and get the shippers to sign it. I mean a little colaboration between shippers is never a bad thing when it's for a cause! Am I right? WHOSE WITH MEH?!

okay, that was weird and I apologize...

Edit: THE SNICKERS SHIPERS HAVE AGREED! I have made contact...that sounded weeeiiiird...uh, anyway.

I can make the petition myself. Don't kill me for this.

-Lynn

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  2. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ Thanks for the amazing sceen caps! I love' em, and that does seem like a shirt Nick would borrow from Greggo.
    I seriously hope that the girlfriend is just a temp. And even if she isn't, I'm going to be pretty annoyed if they shove her down our throats.
    Sorry for sounding n0obish, but what's a "beard"?
    P.S- Does Nick actually blush when Greg mentions the latex? I can't honestly remember.

^-^ I have no idea if an actor can force a blush. It'd be really hard. I personally blush for no reason whatsoever, so maybe you could force yourself to blush? Again, I have no idea.
    I hope that the girlfriend ends up like Tina- alone and forgotten. And the little "THE SNICKERS SHIPERS HAVE AGREED! I have made contact..." did sound a little weird, but in a good way, lawlz.

3. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Ah, MsCatherineBrown - I love these, especially this one ^^ so thank you! They seem to do this quite a lot - supposedly they are looking at the same thing like whatever is on the table, but one or both is actually surreptitiously looking at the other like I think Greggo is doing here. Lovely

Looking at these I forget how much I liked lab Greg - don't get me wrong, CSI Greg is hot, but I loved him dancing around the lab in his crazy shirts and how Nicky would go into DNA to see him and flirting would ensue! Does anyone else miss lab Greg? *sigh*

Also, that shirt from A Little Murder really does look more like something Greg would wear, I didn't notice before but it really is. I'm feeling inspired to go write the clothes swapping chapter now...

My Last Chance - as I understand it, a beard is like a fake decoy girlfriend a gay man might have to stop others thinking he is gay. Someone else can explain this better than me I have no doubt :lol:

Nat x

4. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Yep that is correct a beard is someone that acts like a girlfriend but in fact is hiding the fact that the person happens to be either gay or bisexual... I'm sure that also there are male beards who act like boyfriends (in the public) when infact the woman is gay themselves....

Yes I was just watching Chasing the Bus....

How mad was Nick when he said to Greg about not bringing a warmer jacket.That itself speaks volumes like Nick knew that Greg wants to be in the field, but secretly wants him to stay in the lab where he's more safer...

Also when Greg froze on the spot seeing the bus driver dying, Nick covered for him.... Thats a sweet thing to do.

5. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I miss labGreg. Because I think that there were many more Nick/Greg moments when Greggo was in the lab, Nick would always go into the lab to talk to Greg, and they'd always be chatting, and since Greg's been in the field I've noticed it less (up to season 7 that is, I'm not watching 8 yet). Even when it was just little things like when Greg was reading his surfer mag and Nick came in, I think little things like that are missing now.

6. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ Thanks for explaining it! I sort of figured it was something like that. I honestly hope that this woman is a 'beard' for Nick. Maybe he'll say something/do something that will prove to us that she is. I'm pretty sure a lot of people will be hoping that she isn't around for long.

^-^ Does this episode have a lot of subtext? If so, then I definitely have to watch it. Even without huge amounts of subtext, it still sounds interesting. xD

^-^ I never really noticed the little things before, but I'm going back to the earlier seasons and watching all the episodes so I know everything, or hopefully everything, lawlz. I kind of miss lab!Greg... he seemed so alive back then, but after Fannysmakin' he sort of... just lost it all. I can understand why, of course, but I still miss him.
    Does anyone know the episode where Greg is working in the lab and Nick walks by, stops, looks in at Greg then continues going?

7. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

To answer your question- Chasing the bus does have good subtextual moments in it....

1. This is Greg's first outting as a lab tech... Grissom later asks him how did he feel being out in the field.
    2. The eye contact between Nick and Greg is head on...
    3. Nick is really concerned- angry-upset- who knows that Greg has choosen to respond to the call. Maybe and this is only speculation- that Nick wants to keep Greg safe (this is before the lab explotion), and secure in the lab, where even between a case, or after a shift, Nick can monoploise(?) Greg's attention.
    4. Nick is also upset to say the least that Greg hasn't worn a more warmer jacket...
    5. Nick does shout at Greg to get help, which Greg later appologises for not responding to his assistance sooner.....
    6. Nick appologises to Greg and just explains that all greenie CSI ones go throught similar stuff..

So yeah, this episode is very good for subtexual moments even though they dont have much screen time.... The truth is there, just watch it...

8. Sara's Girl

Heh, what a fab summary of subtext in that epi, thanks :thumbsup: it's a really good one for all those reasons, I think Nick does want Greg to stay in the lab because he's overprotective, but at the same time, he looks so happy when Greg passes his final proficiency in the end, he can't help being proud I suppose.

But yeah I still miss lab Greg, seems I'm not the only one either, Bubbles & My Last Chance. :) I can't off the top of my head think of one where they just stop and stare at each other but I wouldn't be surprised if it exists! He does get a little more serious once he's a CSI and especially after Fannysmackin', which is kind of sad. That said serious is good too. They change (and I suppose their relationship would change too) after a crisis situation, like Nicky after Grave Danger.

Nat x

9. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Yep there is in Empty Eyes..

There is a quick scene where the investigaters enter a house, all CSIs' are called in, there is a brief look of something between Nick and Greg...

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/smartgirl1/ee8-2.jpg

The first link is the look Nick gives Greg as he is walking up the stairs....

this is the look that Greg gives Nick as he approaches the stairs

[​IMG]

I think that the intense look kinda says it all, of course non-Love fans say its just a tough case and a look between friends and co workers, but us Love fans knows better right?

:drool:

I also made this ages ago, its not good but well have a loook.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/smartgirl1/lovelook.jpg

10. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I watched empty eyes for the first time yesterday evening, and that look was intense. Yes, I can totally see where people are coming from who say that was an intense look but between friends on a tough case, but I think it was more like Nick trying to kinda comfort Greg before he walks into one of the bedrooms and sees the horror there. I mean I bet that was one of Greg's worst cases since being a CSI, and you can see the love shared between them in that one look, like Nick knows what he's feeling and trying to show Greg he's there for him.

11. Sara's Girl

Yeah of course we do! :) I think everyone's right in a way because they are friends and coworkers too, and with Nick being more experienced as a CSI he would feel protective towards Greg at a scene like that. I think Greg would have a more protective side in other situations, like when they go out. It is far too intense a look to be purely a co-worker thing though if you ask me!

Ah, that thing is cool...gotta love the intense glances...nice. I love it when they look so serious.

One thing I keep forgetting to ask you, which epi do you get the images for your banner from? I can't think and it's annoying me...

Nat x

12. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Well the banner was from the Hunger Artist- season two episode twenty three... The banner was made by twins.

What i was trying to say is that for NonLove fans, each look is just look from one friend to another... I find it hard to explain really, but as I'm a love fan- i try my best to understand people who can not see the love...

Basically the picture depicts the sceen where Nick meets Greg in the hallway, they discuss the case, and Greg gives Nick an update.

Nick is then met by Warrick who calls Greg- Greggo.. The case revolves around two sisters Ashley and Cassey. Greg then informs Warrick that the finger nail dna is her own and not her sisters...

The "look" is when Greg excuses himself and walks away.... Nick stares down at Greg's bottom as he walks away... Nonlove fans would think that its just camera angle, but for us love fans' we know the truth...

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I agree Empty eyes had a great moment between our boys, it was a look of understanding, like they can communicate with just their eyes and that is very telling of their relationship. I loved Chasing the bus too.

AS for Labrat Greg, I for one do not miss him being in the lab, we may have seen more N/G scenes but we see way more of Greg in general since he's in the field. I see him now and almost forget he was a labtech. I think he is where he belongs. Besides this season has been pretty great for N/G moments and they spend more time together than they did in the lab. IMHO

14. Sara's Girl

Oh yeah, I get what you were saying, I'm just not articulating myself well as usual! lol. :lol:

Thanks for that, I may be heading towards a rewatch of that one this evening now. I remember the epi but not the N/G moments, so I'm interested to see them.

Wojo - it's true that we see more of Greg now he's a CSI so that's definitely a good thing. Think he gets taken a little more seriously too. I don't know, there was just something adorable about labrat Greggo. I love it all, me, to be honest :drool: I do enjoy it when they spend time together in the field too...hmm.

By the by, I know I'm doing it again but a couple of people did ask for a link when the sharing clothes fic went up, so here it is for your viewing (and reviewing) pleasure:

http://www.nickandgreg.com/desert_archive/viewstory.php?sid=4880&i=1

Nat x

15. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

No one is killing you for that, katlynn! ;) If TPTB try to force the "girlfriend" down our throats, we may need to join forces with other shippers.

Even if I weren't a Nick/Greg shipper, I'd still be against Nick having a girlfriend. IMHO, in eight years, the writers have proved they don't know to handle a romantic relationship. On CSI, getting a girlfriend/wife is the first step on the road to the character assassination ( Grissom, Warrick...) I don't want Nick to be the next. Just my two cents.

Besides that, Nick BELONGS TO GREG; he has always belonged to Greg and he will always belong to Greg. TPTB, are you hearing this? ;)

Katlynn, the first time Nick called Greg "G" was in "Abracadaver. After the infamous "I Love You" scene in the corridor: ;)

[​IMG]

then, Nick walks in the lab and says:

NICK: "What's up, G?"
    GREG: "Well, I did my snooping around. Obviously everyone is upset about Kenyon croaking"

Here are some screen caps from the scene:

[​IMG]:

[​IMG]

my_last_chance, I think the episode where Greg is working in the lab and Nick walks by, stops, looks in at Greg then continues going is "Organ Grinder", season two:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.