The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #17

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by twins1729, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

I'm not worried about the spoiler, even if the writers strike doesnt last long. If that spolier info. even happens it will be short. Just another ewwww-y Kristy incident. Minus the shuddering love scene. She wont last either. Ronnie is a prime example. Nick is just struggling with coming out and excepting who he is. He is a pleaser. He always wants to make people proud. He said so to Grissom. Right now I cant recall the exact words but if I'm not mistaken its the same epi. (Evaluation Day) where Grissom said, "Silk, silk, silk. What do cows drink?" Nick also wants to please his parents.

2. CSIElizabeth

CSIElizabeth Witness

I love all the theories! I'm keeping this in mind if the show plays out this way! I've been checking the other Nick ship threads for their two cents and the snickers fans are finding their own theories as well. So like I said, we can still live in our happy shiny Nick/Greg bubble. Don't let the writers burst our Love bubble *protects the Love from the sharp, pointy pens* That was really weird to type considering the writers aren't writing at this moment...ah who cares, protect the bubble anyway.

I'm going to go uh...recheck my sanity. Yeah. That's it. That's what I'm going to do.

*quietly books a flight for Los Angeles, CA*

*points to avatar* Greg is prepared to fight for his man!

3. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

I have a feeling that the spoiler may never come to be. I just can't see if ever working out on screen, because of the way Nick is himself. Besides, it's just so obvious that the only person he really loves is Greg, thus any other relationship wouldn't work out. In this case, I'm with Maggs on Theory 2.

Theory 1 is also nice. It would be a very pleasent surprise if Theory 1 turned out to be the truth. And it just wouldn't be much of a stretch to make it the truth. Fingers crossed.

4. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

First off, just to let y'all know... I died a little on the inside when I read that 'spoiler'. And now for my two cents.

If it ever does come true, it won't last. I can guarantee it. We've been through this before, with Kristy, and did that last? Nope. We've just got to hang on until TPTB finally get their heads out of their asses and realize Nick ang Greg belong together. I honestly don't even foresee this spoiler coming to light. Also, from what I gather, George wasn't too happy that the way they're deciding to bring him more of a presence in the show is to give Nick a love interest. Who knows? Maybe he'll try to work things out with the writers so that they'll scrap the idea altogether. Until then, I pray the strike sticks. Never thought I'd say that.

Okay, I'm off to eat ice cream and work out my frustrations by writing fanfic. :p Damn adrenaline.

Now that I've had time to come down from my initial denial/rage high. I'm thinking more clearly. And I'm thinking... if this spoiler does happen, we'll learn to deal. We're a strong community and it's nothing other shippers haven't been through. Especially the ones that KNOW that their ship will never happen. I guess I'm just a little disappointed because I was really starting to believe that maybe, JUST MAYBE, The Love would become canon. But I'll try to keep my head up until we find out 100% sure what's in the works for Nick [and Greg].

:end rant:

5. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

"I consider myself to be very open-minded."

Okay, see, that right there just screams to me that Greg's bi. I mean, come ON. :lol:

Kay, so, twins, I'm halfway through the ep. guide, but...:D Um, I'd love it if I had help with Grave Danger.

-bashful- I only ask because so many scenes are with Nicky in the box and they're more of continuations and I'd be extremely confused...So...help?

And you know, with scenes in the last couple ep's I just watched from S5, how anyone can believe that Nick's straight is beyond me. I mean... Wow. Either he's gay, or is just really really really feminine. >_>

And I'm starting to like that "spoiler" O__O Dear GOD, not because of what everyone's probably thinking, but because of all the beautiful possible plotlines. -sighs happily- Like jealous Greg, xD

Oh! Congrats on 100 posts, CSIElizabeth!

6. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

Well sucker I still had believed Nicky was straight at that time. lol *blushes from embarrassment*

Jealous Greg can be good but I really rather if this girl is suppose to be some interest that its more of Nicky admiring the work that she does. Like a hero-worship thing. Now if any surprising things are to happen on tonights/later today's epi. of CSI any guesses what it could be??? I have not read some spoiler but just something in me that maybe Sara might reveal something or say somthing to our boys that might make us say OH MY GOD! :) Example being~ "Dont let Ecklie find out about you and Nick." or the other way around if she is talking to Nick.

Congrats CSIElizabeth for 100 posts! I like your avatar. And I like your new one Twins! :)

7. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

While it would be nice for Sara to say something like that, I honestly think tonight's ep. is going to be so far GSR/Sara pity party centered, there probably won't even be a case; let alone any admissions. I'm just being honest here. GSR has sucked this show into a hole and took it to a whole other level it was never meant to be on.

Which leads me to think about The Love. I still want them to become canon, but now I'm find myself missing the actual SHOW. I miss the original premise of investigating crime scenes; CSI has turned into a friggin' soap opera. I miss the subtext and the subtlty. Yeah, it would be great if Nick and Greg came out as a couple, but I wouldn't want that to be their main reason for being on the show, because they're the 'gay couple.'

Like I said in the other thread, if Nick wants to get a woman, whatever. But after seeing what happened to Warrick, I think it's one of the worst things they could do for Nick as a character. Ever since the whole Tina thing with Warrick, that character has only gone downhill, to the point where we hardly see him anymore. I, for one, don't want that for Nick. And hopefully, if he does get a 'love interest', the writer's will be smart enough to learn from their mistakes and not take that route again.

As for Greggie... poor kid, I just don't know anymore.

8. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I remember watching the show for exactly that reason, no relationships that would screw up the content. That's the main reason I dislike Sara so much, she's pining over Grissom all the time, it makes me go crazy!
    On the other hand we have the subtle romances like Cath and Warrick and of course our boys. It's not overdone as with GSR, it's just there. And I want that back! So more subtext less soap opera! But you've got to admit that CSI Las Vegas isn't as soapy as NY or Miami.

Now something completely different: I'm catching up on S5 of Angel and just watched this episode (Damage) where Andrew (ex-evil-guy from S6 of Buffy) comes to L.A. I always thought he looks so much like Greg, they even have the same hair! Check it out:

pic 1

or

pic 2

BTW can someone tell me how I can add pics so I can see them in the post and not just the link?

Oh and congrats to you 100th post, CSIElizabeth! Hope I'll make it that far soon, want a pretty avatar too!

Edited to change images to links. Yes, you need 100 posts before you can post images.

9. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

love_fan~ I think you have to already have 100 posts to be able to show images in a post.

I'll admit that we've had a couple good subtexty moments this season, mainly in ALC. And there have been a few okayish case episodes. But really, CSI has been going downhill for the last couple seasons, IMO. And now, with George springing this new spoiler on us, it's like a slap in the face to The Love fans. It's like TPTB's way of saying, "HA! You were wrong all along. Take that!"

10. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Oh my goodness me, what a lot of posts…

I was at first really thinking well that’s it then. I do love how you all have come up with ideas, and logically thinking this writers strike will go on for a bit… Plus there is no way that George would be allowed to say that, without being in trouble…. Been down that road right, he got sacked before??? Do you really think that He will risk being sacked again?????

Ok well being open minded can indicate a persons sexuality, but the actual hints are deeper than that. I know that he is…. I am not talking about the actors now am I?….

Regarding the scenarios they all seem plausible. But to be honest which one will happen, it just seems funny that all of a sudden George wants a straight relationship, didn’t he say that he wanted his character to cause controversy? Yes if that does happen it will be a re-hash of the prostitute one sided stuff…

Does TPTB really think that anyone regardless of their sexuality and gender really think that Nick is straight? For the followers of our ship giving him a gf would just be funny…. Yeah ridiculous en fact…

Also let me say this… We know that they are having a relationship that is clear, but who said it was a monogamous one? Who’s to say that en fact they don’t have others to complete their relationship.
    We all expect them to be one man type of man, but what if they wasn’t. What if Greg enjoys a more Polyamory style of relationships?, or the modern term of swingers might be appropriate. Which then does go back to who Greg is, he is an open minded person… So who can tell, this for one I know, he can not be easily defined at all.. Somehow like me… I am more like Greg than Nick.

Keep this interesting debate alive!!!

11. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

Oh, I mean no offense! -hugs-

And of course, I didn't mean that Greg saying he's open minded meant he was bisexual, it's just that with countless other signs, its just sort of there. :D

I like your point, candy - we all just kind of assume they're committed to each other, but, fft, maybe their not.

But, ooh, another theory, assuming that they're dating - it could just be a cover up, you know? Like...Character-wise. If everyone's thinking that they're dating and Nick doesn't want people to know he's gay, then he'd want to get what an onlooker would label as a "girlfriend," even though his heart truly lies with Greg. :lol:

Wait, wait wait - GE said he wanted his character to cause controversy? Okay, one, where in the world have I been? and two, why the hell would they want to pair him with a girl if he would want controversy? Guh.

Hey, wait - if Jorja couldn't say anything about what her storyline was because it was unaired, why can GE say that? Granted, it's a little different, his life's not on the line and they're not trying to keep it hush-hush so it'll be more surprising or whatever, but still...It's just a little weird, I guess.

12. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Yes i agree it doesn't actuarly make any sense.

Aww thats ok but most bisexual ppl are more open minded.. Cough. Yeah i swear i read that somewhere, alothoug i cant state my source...

Ahh no, you see being in a tri relationship does mean your committed just not monogomes- sorry spelling mistake.

Yeah i agree Sorry but if all of a sudden Nick had a gilrfriend and GE said that, then he would be in a breach of his contract.

IF he couldnt say about Grave Danger on the larry sandler or one of the other talk show's then he cant say that.

I think him and Eric made that one up lol..

Sometimes the most illogical answer is the most logical explanations.. OR something like that.

LIKE Queen said in her earlier posting, most of the subtext has come from either George or Eric himself. Plus George has said that he didnt want a girlfriend.

13. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

You all are so adorable with your zillions of posts and theories. Us Love fans can talk and theorize our way out of anything! If there was a hostage situation, we all could help! LMAO!

Anyway, congrats on finally reaching 100 Elizabeth, I see you dusted off the avatar and your finally able to use it! And thanks for liking mine Stacy Doll.

Like I promised. Every Thursday, I'm going to try and post the upcoming episodes for the week (Sorry to those of you who don't live in America or get Spike, this is the best I could do).

So here's the link, check them out!

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

That's pretty cool Twins.

I am looking forward to tonights episode for a few reasons.

1) The original spoilers stated Nick & Greg have at least one scene together - lets hope it happens.

2) Sara is leaving - enuf said.

I like the theories too, I've always thought of the guys being totally devoted to each other but I suppose it is possible they have a unique relationship and they see others as well. Maybe its just 'Friends with benefits' you know they take care of each others needs. Its not as romantic but still hot...

BTW- CSI is up for a peoples choice award vote here

15. loki

loki Lab Technician

I can't see Nick with a girl. Greg, yes, Nick, no way. Nick is TOO GAY for a girlfriend, he wouldn't know what to do. I think, even if he does get a girlfriend, it won't last long, and Greg will be there to mend his poor broken heart... as always. Maybe that's Nick's plan... Get girlfriend, break up with girlfriend, go to Greg for 'emotional support' :devil:

Oh, Twins, my computer crashed, so I can't finish your present yet :( I promise I will, though. Even if it takes me til your next birthday, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.