The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

Re: The Football Thread #3 - It Is Not Soccer

Last night I saw a dream that... Hyypiä moved from Liverpool to ManU :eek:
Noooo! Not my Sami to the red half of Manchester. He is an Anfield legend! :D

Speaking of Liverpool they face Bolton tomorrow right? As I much as I adore my Anfield men I have to go for Bolton because my all-time favourite player, Stelios Giannakopoulos is on the team. Hopefully he'll actually get to play tomorrow & not be subbed on in the final minute.

Bolton won 2-0. I don't get WHY Rafa won't play Crouch, knowing that he's on form right now. It's just mind-boggling. If he wants to rely on Bellamy at least bring Crouch in as backup or something. Huh.

Anyway, Arsenal won! Not the best game they had, but Van Persie's goals were beauties! :D

Bravo Bolton! This win takes us to second place in the standings & we're also two points behind league leaders Chelsea. Stelios didn't score but I'm happy for the success of the team :D.

DaWacko said:
pablito said:
DaWacko said:
Newcastle :eek:

Capital of England :lol:

sorry.

You clearly aren't a genius as you don't know that London is actually the capital of England! lol
Newcastle however is the capital of the nightlife, and obviously of football!
No one else has the greatness of Scott Parker, Shay Given, Albert Luque, Paul Huntington and the legendary Alan Shearer.
BEAT THAT!!!! :p

I'm not a genius? Wow, that's a way to impress a moderator.

Ducky, I see you're being nice, as always :lol:

Ajax won 4-0 against IK Start. :D

I know :D

Ahh.... Good ol' Ajax.
Oh...want to ask question about the Dutch teams...
What is the third "big team"? They talked about "three big Dutch teams" One is PSV and other is Ajax...what's the 3rd?

Feyenoord i think.

oh well loosing 2 0 against man u's not bad considering it should have been like 8 and steven taylor again showed his acting skills lol

Soz bout that DaWacko just get bit protective over my little town! :lol:
At least Steven Taylor is playing again now and Bramble wasn't

Here's a list of the matches that will be happening tomorrow for Euro 08 qualifying:

Grp D Wales 15:00 Slovakia
Grp B Faroe Islands 15:00 Lithuania
Grp B Scotland 17:00 France
Grp E England 17:00 F.Y.R. Macedonia
Grp D Czech Republic 17:15 San Marino
Grp C Moldova 19:00 Bosnia-Herzegovina
Grp E Russia 19:00 Israel
Grp D Cyprus 19:30 Republic of Ireland
Grp C Hungary 19:45 Turkey
Grp F Sweden 20:00 Spain
Grp F Denmark 20:00 Northern Ireland
Grp G Romania 20:15 Belarus
Grp E Croatia 20:15 Andorra
Grp A Serbia 20:15 Belgium
Grp G Slovenia 20:45
Grp B Italy 20:50 Ukraine
Grp A Portugal 21:00 Azerbaijan
Grp G Bulgaria 21:00 Netherlands
Grp F Latvia 21:00 Iceland
Grp A Armenia 21:00 Finland
Grp A Kazakhstan 21:00 Poland
Grp C Greece 21:30 Norway

I'm so excited 'cause I get to watch the Greece match live at a Greek pool hall with my best friend who is also Greek. It's gonna be loud & crazy especially since Greece is on home soil :D! I'll be cheering for Cyprus as well.

Go England! Boo Macendonia!

Sorry if you were expecting an insightful expectations for the match.. :rolleyes:

I'm scared about Spain's match against Sweden tonight.
There's a bad atmosphere in the team:the manager,Luis Aragonés,hasn't resigned yet,for the first time in 10 years Raúl wasn't called,Reyes was injured and Joaquín said that the team was a chaos...
After losing against Northern Ireland we have to win against Sweden but I think we're gonna lose and we aren't gonna do it to the Eurocup... :(

Ooo... we play against Armenia :D I hope we beat them this time :p (better do if we want to get to EC)

Well, it's not hard to guess who is my team today. :D GO CROATIA! I don't know anything about Andora, but we need a win, especially since we're playing England next. And from what I've read, tabloids are already making a spectacle with some statements.

Well, I'll be on both matches, hopefully I will have the opportunity to see some good football!

Back