The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

Congrats to Sevilla for winning the UEFA Cup, to West Brom and Derby County for reaching the Championship Play-off Final and also to Reading's Steve Coppell for being voted Premiership Manager of the Year! :D

SandleDL said:
June I so agree with everything you said! And I'm really fascinated about how foootball is celebrated in England, I'd love to watch a match at Anfield... Football may not be a religion here (well, in Gelsenkirchen and in Hamburg/St. Pauli it is!), but WC is always something totally different. My sister can't stand football but when Germany beat Sweden I met her in the city later with a Germany cap and bikini top *lol* Well Austria/ Switzerland isn't even far away, but I guess it'll be difficult getting tickets.

I'm totally obessesed with Football more so than anything else and I'm obsessed with alot of things :lol: My close knit of friends are all football fanatics aswell.

I remember the Sweden v Germany game *how could I foget it was the day of my 21st Birthday* :lol: I was in the pub with my mates watching it and I was cheering on Sweden :p I was gutted they missed a penalty :rolleyes:

I've been to a couple of matches at anfield and it the atmosphere is amazing. Visually its not the prettiest stadium in the world. Its really old and is in a really rough part of liverpool but the Liverpool fans are the most passionate fans I've ever seen in my life. Every game is like a World Cup Final for them. For every kick of the ball the fans are there cheering them on. :cool:

I know everyone who doesn't support them hates Man Utd but their stadium is an amazing place to watch a game aswell, its fucking huge :eek: I've been to a few England Qualifers there and its always been electric.

FA CUP Final tomorrow at the brand new Wembley Stadium :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm looking forward to that :cool: Chelsea V Man Utd!!

Who is everyone rooting for?

I'm supporting Mr Mourinho's men I think its fair if they share the spoils with Man Utd.

Did everyone read about Jose Mourinho being arrested this week over his Yorkshire Terrier :lol: what a bloody idiot! But I was tempted to post his bail :p he's too good looking to spend a night in a prison cell :p

Oh yeah, FA Cup final :D ManU better win, I mean... two out of three is quite good :p :lol:

I wonder if Canal+ shows the game... I hope they do.

I think the FA Cup Final is usually broadcast in every country that have civilisation :lol: I think you'll find it somewhere :D

I remember the Sweden v Germany game *how could I foget it was the day of my 21st Birthday* I was in the pub with my mates watching it and I was cheering on Sweden I was gutted they missed a penalty
That was an awesome day! We watched the match in a pub, too, drinking beer, the sun was shining... and after the match the whole city (or so it seemed^^) walked around the city, singing, cheering, drinking beer, waving flags... Never experienced smth like this before. :)

FA CUP Final tomorrow at the brand new Wembley Stadium. I'm looking forward to that Chelsea V Man Utd!!

Who is everyone rooting for?

Considering that I really like Ballack, I think I support Chelsea.

Today the German championship will be decided! Stuttgart is 2 points in front, Schalke will have to win against Bielefeld. Go Bielefeld! Don't let them score! I think Stuttgart would deserve it to win, I can't stand Schalke.

EDIT: Stuttgart has done it!!! Yay!!! And Bielefeld fought well against Schalke, 2:1 for Schalke in the end.
It was a miserable season for Bayern Munich, although they proved that they can score goals with their 5:2 vs Mainz, but they should've done that earlier *sighs*

*sigh* Really not my day today. First in women's floorball world championships we lose to Sweden (ugh) and now Chelsea won 1-0 on overtime.

:(

I watched until 75mins, then I started to watch floorball :p

SandleDL said:
I can't stand Schalke.

I totally agree! I also can't stand them. It's nothing personally but...you know...I don't like them. :D

EDIT: Stuttgart has done it!!! Yay!!! And Bielefeld fought well against Schalke, 2:1 for Schalke in the end.

Stuttgart just deserved to win the 'Schale'.^^
Especially after the match last week. They've been in leeway (is this the right word?) two times and in the end they've won the game.
And today the same. They got a goal and in the end they've won with 2:1. It was great.
And another positive fact about them. They never complaned in the press they'd of course win the cup just as Schalke did. I remember tht Schalke said they'd win in Dortmund and kick the BVB down in the 2. league. So...Dortmund won last week (I was soo happy that day :D)
And Bremen also were saying they'd win and so on, but not as much as Schalke did.
I'd also imagined Bremen as winner but it didn't work.

It was a miserable season for Bayern Munich, although they proved that they can score goals with their 5:2 vs Mainz, but they should've done that earlier *sighs*

I can agree on the the miserable season. I'm a huge Munich fan since 16 years now but making 5 goals against Mainz is not that great. (well in my opinion) I mean...it's Mainz. (it's not that I can't stand Mainz, no. I really liek them)
But it was a great game to watch. I always loved watching Mainz playing. So joyful. It's really sad they'll relegated. But I hope they'll come back next year. :)
Their campaign right before the game with the hats was so cool. I really liked it. :)

Hmm..yes...there's been something else I wanted to say...but I forgot. ^^

Oh blimey the FA cup was awful...then we got an extra 30mins of rubbish! At least Utd lost :devil:

But really the big match is tommorrow night, am getting nervous already..c'mon I can see Stevie performing magic already, c'mon the reds!

Liz :p

Oh, Champions League final tonight. I have tosay that even Milan beat ManU and Sami plays in Liverpool... I still cannot support Liverpoll. I just can't. So I cheer for Milan :p

I`m too excite for this Champions League final tonight. Even decline offer to go watch Pirates of the Caribbean III premiere. Anyway hope Liverpool can win *cross fingers* But with the last game that Milan show will be a lot difficult work.

Ooooooooh EXCITEMENT ABOUT TONIGHT :D :D :D :D

I had butterflies as soon as I woke up this morning :lol: as soon as work is over @ 5pm I'm straight down the pub getting the best seat for the match :lol:

I'm not at all confident that Liverpool will win, but they are never expected to do as well as they always do. There is a special love affair between Liverpool and the European Cup and long may it continue. :cool:

GO GO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Liverpool !

Gotta show Milan what "fighting spirit" is :D
I still see Milan as favorite, but everything is possible tonight.

I hope supporters of both teams will behave well, that there will be a great match (because I found last year's final a bit disappointing, OMG Arsenal *sigh*) and that the trophy will be back in England.

I'm a Liverpool fan, and besides I'm French...so as I still can't get over the World Cup 06' Final, a victory tonight would definitely make my day :lol:

Go Liverpool! You'll never walk alone, c'mon, beat'em!!

Oh yes I support Liverpool, they're my favorite English team. And I can't stand the Italians and their football ever since the World Cup and the scandals in the Italian league and all... I really hope Liverpool wins tonight!

Back