The Fan Art Forum Guide - Rules/Tuts./Questions *updated 10-05

Can someone tell me how to add a custom made header to my LJ? I can't figure it out. :lol: I'm not sure what size one has to be either.

Guys, I need help!
I messed up with my LJ layout/journal style, I had one and I deleted it, can anyone tell me where I can find some cool ones?
It looks horrible now :scream:

this site has some pretty cool ones. hopefull you can find something you like there :D

Can someone tell me how to add a custom made header to my LJ? I can't figure it out. :lol: I'm not sure what size one has to be either
the header can be whatever you size you want i usually make mine 750x375.
and the add one to your lj:
1.go to journal>customize journal style.
2.click on custom css
3.go to where it says custom external style sheet URL and below that there's a big box that says custom style sheet to the left.
(it should look like this)
4.inside that box paste this:
.headerimage {
position: relative;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
width: 750px;
height: 375px;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-image: url(link goes here);
}
5. replace the 'link goes here' with the link to your header choice, and replace the width and height with that of your header.
6.make sure all the boxes above it say 'yes' and then click save changes and you header should appear :D
i hope that was easy enough, if you need anymore help let me know :)

Guys, I need help!
I messed up with my LJ layout/journal style, I had one and I deleted it, can anyone tell me where I can find some cool ones?
It looks horrible now :scream:

this site has some pretty cool ones. hopefull you can find something you like there :D

Can someone tell me how to add a custom made header to my LJ? I can't figure it out. :lol: I'm not sure what size one has to be either
the header can be whatever you size you want i usually make mine 750x375.
and the add one to your lj:
1.go to journal>customize journal style.
2.click on custom css
3.go to where it says custom external style sheet URL and below that there's a big box that says custom style sheet to the left.
(it should look like this)
4.inside that box paste this:
.headerimage {
position: relative;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
width: 750px;
height: 375px;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-image: url(link goes here);
}
5. replace the 'link goes here' with the link to your header choice, and replace the width and height with that of your header.
6.make sure all the boxes above it say 'yes' and then click save changes and you header should appear :D
i hope that was easy enough, if you need anymore help let me know :)

You're my hero :D Thank you so much, I was realy needing that two things :lol: Thanks again :D

I can give you some cookies if you want :p

NVM :)

ETA: I've downloaded some textures from DeviantArt where the folders themselves ended up as RARs. PS doesn't recognize the files. How do I make them usable?

I read your little problem and here's the answer:

1. What is a RAR file

RAR is the native format of WinRAR archiver. Like other archives, RAR files are data containers, they store one or several files in the compressed form. After you downloaded RAR file from Internet, you need to unpack its contents in order to use it.

2. How to handle RAR files

1. Download the Freeware here --> Zip Genuis 6.0.2.106

2. Install this

3. Click on a .rar file on your PC (Zip Genuis opens)

4. Click on the big button Extract (a new windows opens)

5. Choose your folder out in which do you want to save the textures, pics... --> Click Extract

6. Finish

Now you can use the pics, textures...

PS: I use the same program. If you need any help, ask me please ! ;)

GregNickRyanFan asked me how I do the 'shilouette' on my WP's, so...
It's an easy thing, duplicate the layer that contains the person, move it as you like and then set it to soft light, or other option, some of the others are cool too ;)

Let me know if I was helpful :)

Thank you. I'll have to try that sometime. :)

Okay, this is probably a stupid question and I feel so dumb for asking it, but.... does anyone have a clue what effect/filter I used in PS7 to get the effect in my second Stella icon in this post? I cannot remember which one I used and I can't seem to find it now for some reason. :lol:

Can anyone help me with the LJ cut? It's giving me the nuts :scream: It always worked fine and now I can't put my tables of this post behind the LJ cut.

<lj-cut text=""> - First part.

Content goes in between here.

</lj-cut> - At the end.

Words go in between the " " to serve as the link for the cut.

Hope that helps. :)

Back