The Fan Art Forum Guide - Rules/Tuts./Questions *updated 10-05

Re: The Fan Art Forum Guide

I could possibly be in the wrong thread here but Im in need of some help!! Im trying to switch my avatar....its coming up "improper picture size" or sometimes "improper picture type"...the size is correct, i've checked. Can anyone tell me the correct way, from start, on how to place your avatar?? Much thanx.

Hey mjszud!
Correct place for your question. :)
OK, there are two kind of maximum sizes the system requires:

#1: the geometrical size = 100x100px in width and height
#2: the file size. For .jpg and .png pictures the file size must not be bigger than 20kb, for .gif pictures the maximum size is 60kb.

How to check it? Have a mouse click with the right button on your ava and check out the properties/attributes/features.

If these are not the problems, check out this post about how to set up your ava.

Vera - I made her the icon and I even resized it and sent it back to her. It is 100x110 and I think 17kb .png It is well within guidelines.

mjszud - Did you use the correct link? Off the top of my head - I think it is the 2nd link below the pic.

:lol: OK, perhaps just a typo, but 100x110px would be too big :p
Nah, now that I know that you made it Kat I'm sure this isn't the problem... :)

:lol:I feel like the biggest goober *smax forehead..shoulda had a v8* But yippee, it worked...thanks for all the help CINEGIRL & CSIKAT *hugs for my beautiful avi!!!

I need a big help....I'm traying making an icon ;) (just a lame attempt) ...and I'm using GIMP....unfortunately I can resize it 100X56 or 177X100 pixel but not 100X100 :(
How can I solve this problem?

hi Florry
have you tried unclicking, the keep in ratio box, by doing this, this allows you to be able to put in the size that you want...hope that helps :)

thank you smuch mitzi962000 ...it helped me ;)
Now I only have to modify some things :D

Hi ppl..hope you all doing ok! well just wondering if anyone knows about any banner tuts cuz I have realized that I have to improve my skills on banner hehe
Regards

CSI_Kat said:
Does anyone have photoshop 6.0? Does anyone know what additonal features it has over 5.0 (i.e selective coloring.. etc.)

I don't know why I haven't seen your post before, sorry. I have photoshop 6.0, although I still try to figure out how to work with it. I'm not familar with ps 5.0 though I'm not sure about additional features. But if you should have specific questions, feel free to pm me, and I'll do my best to be helpful. ;)

LivingEnd - and I just noticed your answer! LOL I will pm you if I decide to start thinking about upgrading again!

Ok - Is photoshop down or am I just having computer problems?

Hi everyone. Hope someone can help. Does anyone know where I can find Thanksgiving brushes/texture for ps7? I find everything else but that. Thanks.

Back