The Fan Art Forum Guide - Rules/Tuts./Questions *updated 10-05

Re: The Fan Art Forum Guide

Elsie, you solved the problem lol, i am really stupid sometimes, thank you!!

and cinegirl, thank you too!

I just got my Paint Shop Pro, and I have a question. Whenever I resize a picture to 100x100 for icon size, it doesnt look totally right, It looks a little squished...how can I fix that?

^ ILuvJonathanTogo, that's actually a very easy problem to solve, so no worries :) If you crop the picture to a more even width/height ratio in the way you want it and then resize to 100x100, it quickly solves the squishy problem :) Big pictures are especially bad at this, so it's always good to crop before resizing.

I've a doubt..I use PSP 8.0 and well I don't actually use that much the animation pro but when I do I've this problem that well first I make the banners in psp and I use the coloring and all normally like I'm used to but when I put it in animation pro and I'm going to save it...when it's optimize..it looks horrible I just don't like it it has those little points like for example this banner:
http://i8.tinypic.com/6gob250.gif
Do you see the little points..is like the banners are just not clear. I don't understand why is this happening at first I thought it was that I couldn't use so many colors/effects with animated banners/icons but then I realized that wasn't the reason.
So If could someone take me out from this doubt, it'll be gladly appreciate.
Thanks in advance,
Regards

Update! New challenge up in Miscellaneous! #23: Scrubs - you can join now, the link as always on the first post of this thread! :)

Andreina, sorry, can't help you with this problem, I also have these issues, my .gif animator always worsens the quality too. :(

Ok I'm about to ask a very dumb ? here so sorry in advance. I'm sure I know the answer but................

I have PS7 & I see alot of gorgeous wp's that uses the masking. Only prob is the ones I'm finding that I really like are for PS5. Would they be compatible with mine or no?

I use Photofiltre and everytime I save an icon/image that I retouched or added something to it looks grainy. For example this icon I made:
emily2.gif

Can anyone PM me or tell me how I can fix this? It would be greatly appreciated.

Okay I was wondering how do you get the coloring like in these icons:
402icons010.jpg
301icons013.jpg

I think is has something to do with selective coloring(which I don't know how to use)but not really sure?? Can someone help me?

BTW....I have Adobe Photoshop 7.0

that _girl1,I think your problem is that you saved it as gif,gif is for animated icons,for non animated ones is best saving them as jpeg or png.

Hip_hugga_lovah,yeah,it has to do with selective colouring,give a look to this community,you'll find very helpful tutorials on selective colouring there.

i have a problem and maybe someone here can help me. i have ps7 and everytime i open it i have to reload all my brushes because they just mysteriously dissapear. it didn't do that before and its really starting to tick me off. anyone have a solution to this?

Hmm. I don't know what's the problem exactly. But when I load other brushes (which are in an other category my custom brushes are in) and I go back to the category where my custom brushes are in, the custom brushes are gone. And that's because I reset them everytime I go to another category. But that's probably not your problem.

I made a tutorial last week, to celebrate my Photoshop started working again.

From
tut1.png
to
tut3.png
or
tut5.png
or
tut7.png

Here

Oooh, Roos, let me say: I'm celebrating with you that you got your Photoshop back - awesome icons and tutorial! :)

OK, some members wanted to know how to open new threads, and now I'll try to explain it - bear with me, my dictionary is unavailable atm, so beware of a very complicated post! :D

First: don't be afraid, it isn't very different from normal posting.
When you realize that a thread reached the 1000 posts limit, and nobody else seem to react on it, and your lovely moderator duo is out of town again ( :p ), go to the main page of the Fan Art Forum and take a look at the top of the page, right corner. **You will see this**
Click on the 'Post' button and the posting area will open - here it is - it looks very familiar, doesn't it?
Now just go on the normal way just as if you want to answer on a post.
Only thing: use a proper subject title (e.g. 'CSI Icons #?? - Showcase, Links and Requests') and recheck in the previous threads if any rules were given, e.g. in the challenge threads etc. If so, just go ahead and copy the rules, that's the easiest way ;)

Well, that's it already. You see: nothing horrible. I hope my explanation was understandable, if not, don't hesitate to ask any further questions :D

**ETA: Ha! I knew I'd forget s/th! Try to remember to post a link to the previous thread in the new one, and the other way round: a link in the old thread to the newly opened one, this way everybody will be able to find the threads without problems. Hm, NOW I guess I'm done... :rolleyes:

Back