The Dynamic Duo: Danny and Flack

...i don't want a total emotional explosion from danny over the whole flack situation, and here's why.

i get the fact that they're close, and i understand that danny is an emotional character, but (as much as i loved it) we don't need another RSRD moment from danny over don. we got that from mac, you know what i'm saying?

i agree that danny would probably be the one to drive flack to get better, faster. but i really don't want to see an entire emotional breakdown all over again.

that being said, i really love it when danny and flack work together. they get each other, and they know where to jab without crossing the line. with everyone else, they seem...i guess more tense. they don't know which step is crossing the line and which isn't.

i agree that danny would probably be the one to drive flack to get better, faster. but i really don't want to see an entire emotional breakdown all over again.

I also think Danny should be the one to help Flack out with his situation, but I'm not too fond on having Danny do a big crying scene again.

I understand and want some reaction out of him, but not a total melt down.

It's funny, because Flack is pretty gentle and caring when Danny is in trouble, but Danny is usually in emotional distress. I actually think Flack was less solicitious of Stella after her ordeal in "All Access" than he was with Danny in RSRD or "On the Job." Not that Flack wasn't great with Stella--he was--but he seemed to realize she didn't need reassurance and emotional bolstering. Danny is a much more vulnerable person than Stella.

But back to Flack's wounds...they're physical. I think if Danny lost it over Flack in front of Flack, it would just frustrate Flack. He's a tough guy--he doesn't want to feel weak, and I suspect Danny will be able to sense that. Danny's one sad look in Flack's room is probably all we'll see from him emotionally, because when Flack is away he is probably going to be the pep squad, challenging him to basketball and talking smack to get Flack to rise to said challenge. And that's probably just what Flack needs. I hope we get to see that next season, because I think Flack and Danny's friendship is one of the best things about CSI: NY.

I somehow or another, can see a scene with Danny entering Flack's hospital room with a glass of water and talking to him how shitty his day is even though Flack's asleep and may not be able to hear him.

And that's how I view the whole ideal on these two and the wounds. As mentioned before, I too believe that Flack would get irritated if Danny broke down but at the same time, try to help him. Danny needs guidance if he likes it or not and Flack's always been the one there so maybe if Danny doesn't exactly show the emotions in the hospital room, he most likely will in private.

As mentioned by Stella in "CoTP", it's what they do; they all take care of each other.

I think if Danny lost it over Flack in front of Flack, it would just frustrate Flack. He's a tough guy--he doesn't want to feel weak, and I suspect Danny will be able to sense that.

I imagine that too. Like he just wants Danny to be strong and not make a big deal about it. I think he would like that better. I think so too. I bet by now they can sense things with one another easily.

Yeah, I get that too. Like he wouldn't know what to do if Danny has lost it. I think he would feel weird about it all.

csi_fanatic87 said:
I think if Danny lost it over Flack in front of Flack, it would just frustrate Flack. He's a tough guy--he doesn't want to feel weak, and I suspect Danny will be able to sense that.

I imagine that too. Like he just wants Danny to be strong and not make a big deal about it. I think he would like that better. I think so too. I bet by now they can sense things with one another easily.

I agree but I don't think Danny would lose it in front of Flack. I think he would know that would bother Flack. But I'm sure it really bothered Danny. I still say he had some kind of emotional breakdown after he was alone back at his place.

I don't think he would have left the hospital if Flack wasn't going to be ok. Stella reassured them the doctor was cautiously optimistic. Hawkes is a dr and he didn't seem worried. He just wanted to talk to the neurologist. Physically Flack should recover easily.

It just drives me crazy wondering how they will handle the aftermath of the explosion this fall. Will they totally forget about it or bring in little hints like they did with Nick on Vegas? Flack seems like someone to bounce back pretty easily but emotionally he must have some issues. Hell, he almost died. Danny would have been devastated to lose another friend.

I'm just gonna go insane until the new season starts. Isn't that sad, I'm wishing the entire summer away and it has just started. :lol:

1CSIMfan said:
It just drives me crazy wondering how they will handle the aftermath of the explosion this fall. Will they totally forget about it or bring in little hints like they did with Nick on Vegas? Flack seems like someone to bounce back pretty easily but emotionally he must have some issues.

OMG I wonder how they will handle it too! I hate waiting for the season to return, but it will come later in the UK. I hate waiting longer. I'll come to the US for the CSI's and then go back home. Yeah, sounds like a plan

I don't think that I would be able to handle it if Danny broke down in Flack's hospital room. It wouldn't be right if that were to happen. I know that Danny is an emotional person, but he needs to be strong for Flack, because Flack needs him to be.

How do you stand it seeing all the spoilers and not being able to see the episodes when we do? :eek:
Sometimes I can barely stand it going from week to week. :eek:

I'm sure there's plenty of us you could stay with to catch all the CSI shows. Just be warned, to watch them all you'd have to be here from September until May.

Have they started season 2 where you live yet? I wonder why they don't show them when they show them here or at least a little earlier than they do. It's sure not fair to you.

Have they started season 2 where you live yet? I wonder why they don't show them when they show them here or at least a little earlier than they do. It's sure not fair to you.

Ugh, tell me about it! Irish TV only started showing S1 this time last year. I don't expect them to even think about S2 until the world cup is over. They've been jerking us around with CSI LV as well, and are only halfway through S5. And for some reason, CSI Miami seems to be flavour of the month with them and I think they're midway through the most recent season - don't know for sure as I stopped watching it once I realized that I was cheering for the bad guys not to get caught by Horatio.

Major bummer for you, Ceindreadh. And I thought us living in Asia had it bad. We're only up to Trapped. I'm waiting for the second half of the season where I hear we're getting more Danny/Flack interactions.

Celefinwe said:
Major bummer for you, Ceindreadh. And I thought us living in Asia had it bad. We're only up to Trapped. I'm waiting for the second half of the season where I hear we're getting more Danny/Flack interactions.
I feel your pain, over here in the UK we've just seen 'Run Silent, Run Deep' so it's hard to judge the Danny/Flack friendship. I've always liked the relationship between the two ever since I first saw 'On The Job'. The scene in the cafe with them both was great. :)

1CSIMfan said:I agree but I don't think Danny would lose it in front of Flack. I think he would know that would bother Flack. But I'm sure it really bothered Danny. I still say he had some kind of emotional breakdown after he was alone back at his place.

Something like that I wouldn't mind. I mean that's alot for a person to take, handle and deal with.

I don't think he would have left the hospital if Flack wasn't going to be ok. Physically Flack should recover easily.

I didn't like that he left him in the hospital either, but maybe he just felt too overwhelmed with it all and needed to take a breather.

It just drives me crazy wondering how they will handle the aftermath of the explosion this fall.

Yeah me too. I hope they don't do something wierd or anything or have it seem like nothing ever happened and don't even bring up the issue again.

I'm just gonna go insane until the new season starts. Isn't that sad, I'm wishing the entire summer away and it has just started. :lol:

I know what you mean! I'm quite excited as well, although I like my summer too. :)

^^aa csi-fanatic87, you are driving me crazy with your avvy's. :p I love that one too. :devil:

Countdown to Season 3 and more Danny and Flack interaction is about 14 weeks. Now I'm depressed. :mad:

Back