The Did you know...? Thread

!

While all the fly-over shots, skylines and cityscapes really are of Miami, Florida, any beach scenes during the series were filmed at Manhattan Beach, a suburb of Los Angeles.

Hmm well yes ... I did work that one out. There is no way that if Horatio was looking out to sea in Miami (which faces EAST) he would be looking into a sunset. All those shots of those must have therefore have been done in LA as that faces WEST!

Durr ... geography lessons please!

Maybe Horatio takes a little excursion down to the Florida Keys just to gaze at the sunset. Okay, so that's not going to happen, but it's a pleasant thought! ;)

Re: The Did You Know Thread

Here's something I occasionally come on here and mention ... not done it for some time so I thought I might explain again ...

Mr Caruso has an esotropic hypotropic form of strabismus in his right eye ...

For the uninitiated that means he can't look straight at someone or down at them without his right eye sliding inwards and giving him double vision.

His hyperopia (far-sightedness) doesn't really help (reading glasses do though) and for Horatio to manage (as he doesn't wear them) he either has to tilt his head when looking at someone or get lower than them so he can look up at them. Check out a few publicity shots and you'll see what I mean about the peering upwards.

All of this creates some really interesting body postures as part of the character - including the looking off in the distance when talking to someone (its easier than having to fight to focus and get a headache).

In my little honest opinion that's why he stopped doing close work in the lab several seasons ago. While they (the directors and camera people) are however managing to cover it better and better these days and you don't see it so obviously on screen he's getting older and the far-sight is getting worse making it harder on the poor gent.

What he really needs is prescription varifocal lenses in those famous shades - but then being a sufferer of a version of what he has (I am exotropic hypertropic) he's my hero for getting on in life with the complaint.

p.s. And as I keep saying, I'd love to have a chat about this with him sometime!

I guess that's why he always wears the shades, huh? Because probably they are the kind that corrects his vision.

I did know that, but it doesn't belong in this thread. That should go in the 'did you know' thread in the Vegas forum, which I believe it already is, actually.

The thing about DC is really interesting. I had no idea. It certainly explains alot. Thanks for sharing that!

ONG, I had no clue that's why Horatio always wears the shades....oh, well, you can have vision problems and still be cool. David Caruso has more tham proved that.

Hey, did anyone know before Emily Procter became an actress,
she was a weatherwoman in Greenville, NC?

We also have the "ELR's sister had a brush with a serial killer" thingy but we probably know that by now, what with Dark Room and all.

Back