The Did you know...? Thread

Re: The Did You Know Thread

ebonymist said:
Jonathan Togo was in a band in college, although I'm sure everybody knows that...
I'm sure I read somewhere that two of the members in his band later went on to form a band called The Bravery (quite a popular band). :eek:

He plays guitar as well as sax. And sings. :p

*puts total Togoholic nerd hat on* The band used to be called Skabba the Hut. And then I think it changed to The Conquistadors. And then some of them went on to The Bravery. I think there's info on IMDB.

I got all my info from interviews with Jonathan Togo. And yes, you're right Ali. *grabs another Togoholic nerd hat and puts it on*

It started out called Skabba the Hutt because Ska music was popular and they were all Star Wars fans (based on Jabba the Hutt), but they later changed it to The Conquistadors.

Well this is more a "haven't you noticed" than a "did you know" :lol:, but well here it goes :D

Haven't you noticed that in CSI: Miami when they show a lanscape, most of the times you can see a crane??? and haven't you noticed that they've showed the scene with the crocodile going into the water like in 435984395 episodes??? (ok, that's an exageration :lol:, but it has appeared many times :lol:)

lmao wow togo use to be in a rock band?!?! i googled te skabb the hut thing and yup theres his pic with his band ima try to find music vids now lol

This is an awesome thread, I didn't know most of this stuff! :D I always wondered what kind of shades H wore, my mom said they were probably Armani.

umm ok i got one, not that intersting but still...
did u know that both david caruso and jonathan togo have irish italian blood

Oh I have one. Most people probably know this but.
I'm Jewish and I'm always searching for smart/gorgeous/sexy Jews. And Jonathan Togo is Jewish! Lucky me! *dances* He went to Hebrew School as a young boy. Maybe I can get some Bar Mitzvah pics somewhere, haha. :D

Jimmy Smits (formerly of NYPD Blue, just like David :)), who ironically has lived with former cast member Wanda de Jesus (Detective Sevilla) turned down the offer for the lead in Miami. (info courtesy of IMDB)

Emily Procter collects bugs as a hobby. (info courtesy of IMDB)

Sofia Milos speaks six languages. (info courtesy of sofiamilos.com)

Sofia Milos is involved in the Church of Scientology. (info courtesy of sofiamilos.com)

David Caruso was cast as Archie in a TV adaptation of the 'Archie' comic books in 1976, but was shortly replaced. (info courtesy of imdb.com)

Me too! Hehe Emily wanna go on a BUG HUNT??
And on David, I found that so...I don't know. He's like an Archie lookalike. But to play that klutz takes some great acting. I bet DC was great! Thanks EyeHeartH.

EyeHeartH said:
You see that's one thing that I wouldn't agree with on her. I hate bugs! They are sooooo gross! I may think they look cool, but the need to keep their distance. I wonder how many she has...

Did you know...

-David Caruso was a substitiute point guard at Archbishop Molloy High School in New York. Between scenes he's been known to bury three-pointers just outside the set.

-Jonathan Togo does a near-perfect impression of Woody Allen. He lasped into it during a scene in the season premiere.

And this one is my favorite:

-As one episode was being filmed, snoring could be heard on set. It turned out an actor playing a corpse had dozed off inside a body bag.

These all came from TV Guide article called "10 Things You Didn't Know About CSI:Miami".

Back