The Did you know...? Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by kissmesweet, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Wallace Langham:
    Doctor Carter, I Presume (1996) .... Dr. Melvoin
    Archie Kao:
    Abby Normal (2004) .... Yuri
    Just a Touch (2004) .... Yuri

2. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Wow, thank God. I'm glad though that never happened... I'll be too busy watching all of them and they'll probably kill or ruin it with that.

3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I'd like to join in on this, even though all of my facts have more than likely been posted.

George Eads:

George Eads and William Petersen are golfing buddies.

In season 5 of CSI, George had to shave his head do to hair problems from the filming of Evel Knievel.

William Petersen:

Billy refused to appear in any other versions of CSI.

Billy's grades were so poor in college that he wasn't allowed to play football. He began taking theater classes to raise his Grade Point Average.

Petersen played members of the famous Kennedy family twice. He played Joseph P. Kennedy in The Kennedy’s of Massachusetts (1990), a TV miniseries, and he played John F. Kennedy in The Rat Pack (1998) on HBO.

When William was younger he was into rock concerts, drinking and the usual pot smoking. He called it "General brattiness."

William only signed up for acting lessons in university as a way to boost his grade point average.

Eric Szmanda:
    Eric and Jorja Fox are members of the Adult Kickball League. Their team is the "Royal Blue Balls".

Has a competition going with CSI co-star Marg Helgenberger over who will have the most hair styles before the show ends.

Eric was the one who suggested that his character Greg in CSI become active with field work.

Jorja Fox
    Jorja didn’t find out that Sara and Grissom (William Petersen) would be revealed to be in a romantic relationship until four days before shooting the scene.

Jorja admits to being extremely pleased that she gets to play a character "so much smarter than she is". She also said she barely passed sixth grade, proving her point.

Jorja advised Emily Procter to take the role of Calleigh on CSI: Miami.

:D

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Has WP ever said *why* he doesn't want to be in the other shows?

I remember the companion book saying that after that they finished filming that landfill ep, someone saw Marg pitch her shoes from the scene out the window.

5. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

i know that WP is against the other shows which is why he didnt want grissom to go to miami in cross jurisdictions, but i dont know why he is against them

6. SaraStar

SaraStar Pathologist

LOL. That last part was funny. I can totally picture her doing that. :p

I like this thread. :D

7. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

Paul Guilfoyle was a stand out hockey player in high school. He still plays in a hockey league (Bruckheimer's Bad Boys) in L.A. and in various charity games.

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Did he say why he was against them? Did he feel the quality would suffer from splitting things up too much or something?

9. speakerset

speakerset Lab Technician

Did you know that according to the commentary on 4x4, Eric didn't want to do that pose in the mirror in the body builders house, he had to be talked into it, and in the shower scene, he wanted to (and tried to convince them to) let him wear board shorts until the costume department came up with something that made them look like they were naked.

10. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

WP, as far as i know did not say why he was against it, but it makes sense about the wuality.

what are board shorts?

11. speakerset

speakerset Lab Technician

I think he thinks with so many spin offs, it sort of waters down the series, plus, I think a lot of their stories and or writers go to the other shows, and there are only so many stories that can be told.

I only watch the original one, I've only seen the Miami one twice, and once was the crossover one from LV..I can only do the original flavor (yep, I call it that too) I've never watched the NY one either, I mean, for me, I'll stay with the LV one, that's more than enough.

And board shorts (as in surf board)..they are a bathing suit, but they are longer, they go all the way down to a couple of inches before they hit the knee.

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

13. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

oh I like all of these facts ,some I didn't know :D I have some...

Did you know?

George Eads was once held up at gun point by a robber, when he was a teen working at a 711 type store.

George and Jorja knew each other before being on CSI.

George was a pole volter in high school.

If I have more I will post them :D

14. maricejayo

maricejayo Witness

WOW!... This thread is very interesting, I like it, please don`t stop :)

15. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I think both WP and MH have mentioned CSI being turned into McDonald's or something to that effect. They weren't too happy with the spinoff ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.