The Dead Zone

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Guest, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I was thinking how weird it has to be for Johnny, to be able to see Walt's child born in person, but not be there when his child was born (seeing it in a vision is not the same thing).

Yep, I think they will be slowly working their way back to each other (Sarah and Johnny) through this season. I always felt bad for him, when he woke up from that coma and she was remarried and everything. Now he has a real second chance with her, because you could always tell he still loves her.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay wow the first half season finale was awesome, JJ is developing his abilities, Johnny finds his father, and Sarah's disallusion with Greg Stillson has ended. Not to mention WALT, omg he knew about Johnny's father, he was working and afraid he was getting figured out. He knew Hope was going to be a girl, his tears and calling Johnny a good friend and to teach JJ to shave. But most of all at the end Johnny and JJ standing there and the dialog just fit.
    Johnny: Hey JJ
    JJ: Hey dad

That was so cool. This ep showed three generations of psychics and they didn't alter how they get their visions, all three by touch, but I am wondering Sarah's threat to Stillson "If you touch my son again, I will Kill you". Let hope that if they ever kill him off (or he fakes his death) she isn't blamed because there was someone else a body guard or whatever that came in as she said it.

Stillson pushing JJ to the floor and then expecting him to forgive him, I think he is just full of hot air. It was good to see Gene not so sure about everything, but happy that Johnny found his father. The only catch I didn't like is that they left off on the fans thinking "is he dead or isn't he?" not a nice thing to do lol. It was an early cliffhanger to a point, their still on Walts cliffhanger but I loved how they ended it with Sara, JJ and Johnny at sunset just being a family.

3. Dizzney

Yeah this was a really great season finale. A lot was revealed in it. I do love the generations of psychics and how they showed their touch connection towards the end.

Well Johnny's dad was breathing ...at least Tom Skerrit was I noticed so if he was supposed to be dead, he blew it. :lol:

Yeah I wondered the same thing about Sarah's threat to kill him and saw that guy standing in the background. Not a good thing, especially since he is the VP of the US.

I do like that finally JJ is calling Johnny his dad. It is nice to hear. And I am glad to see Johnny and Sarah together again.

The scene with Walt was touching. :( Poor Walt.

I can't wait to see the next part of the season. But that is a long wait for now.

4. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

I've only just got into The Dead Zone. My sister bought season 1 and 3 and I started watching it and really got into it. I watched the first 3 seasons in about 2 weeks. I think I've only seen season 4 up to about episode 3 but I love it. Everyone seems to be down on the later seasons so I'm not really looking forward to that.

I have heard that the actors playing Walt and Bruce leave which I'm not too happy about. Especially Bruce.

5. Destiny

Bruce has recurring status, and at this point without giving to spoilers to those who missed it even though its been aired yadda yadda yadda, Walt does appear also in a recurring status.

I haven't heard really that they are leaving for good, but it might be based on the fact that the show moved locations and even though they are usually renewed if its ratings are iffy to the USA network it might give the actors pause to sign on for anything longer then recurring, where as the ones that are constant might still have contracts that require them to be on the show.

6. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

7. Destiny

Thats to bad, but I am not shocked for the last season or so its fate has always been in question. I think they just pushed the limits with the "ending of the world", then Walts death (conspiracy, etc), the birth of 'Hope' and JJ's sudden ability appearing, then Bruce's reocurring status. They were packing it all in and I get half the eps are during one part of the season and half during another, but this was just way to much at one shot.

8. Dizzney

I am so ticked off that they canceled it without finishing the storyline they had going. I really hate when networks pull the plug on a show that was left with unanswered questions. Maybe they can do some sort of 2 hour movie to wrap things up.