The Closer

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Sometime in the summer this is what the Futoncritic.com had to say,

6/??/2006 (N/A) 2nd season premiere on tnt, time: N/A

Usually unless it's major anytime between January to May they will announce it. Just keep checking that link above there and it will give you the info. ;)

2. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Can't wait for season 2 :D!

3. PurpleBlood

PurpleBlood Rookie

Same here. I really like this show. Does anybody have an idea of when it will be back?

4. Destiny

6/??/2006 (N/A), 2nd season premiere on tnt, time: N/A

Is all that is said right now. One speculates its will be June 13th but the site i got the above from only states that, and the TNT website just says in 2006. ;)

5. shane2

shane2 Prime Suspect

Thanks for information, I will keep checking..

6. WarricksLady

WarricksLady Lab Technician

I love the closer and can't for Season 2.

Thanks Destiny for the heads up and keep checking TNT website.

7. Destiny

The show is starting its repeats on December 27th (Tuesday) 10 pm est on TNT, with this ep:

Pilot:
    When an unidentified woman is found brutally murdered in the Hollywood home of a successful hi-tech millionaire, LAPD's newly appointed head of the Priority Murder Squad, Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson, finds herself challenged not only by the strangeness of the case, but by those who resent her appointment. With her Southern drawl and less than gentile ways, Brenda proceeds to show her skeptical team the skills she learned as a CIA trained interrogator and begins to unravel the mystery behind the high-profile murder. But when she discovers that the accused killer and the victim have a lot more in common than anyone guessed, the case takes an unexpected twist that surprises even the most senior member of the squad.

8. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

WOW~~~
    Chief Johnson is really excellent!

Destiny:"Johnson's quirky personality and hard-nosed approach often rub her colleagues the wrong way."---and that's part of the reason why I love her...:)I've seen all eps for season one...Great job!

9. Destiny

I know what you mean i love the commericals they have out for the encore repeated season, when the two people are talking and they say:

P1: She has issues!
    P2: It's called her life.

:lol: i love that part, but at first i honestly didn't know if i would like this show, nor did i think it would really last, so i wasn't about to start getting into the show to have it disappear, but i should have known TNT better.

This show is definitly worth watching, she is a strong character "if i wanted to be called a b*tch to my face i would still be married" :D quirky and down right fun, just when you think you know where she is going and how she plans to do it, poof not happening, though a few times i got it.

Mainly i love it also for the fact that though it is a police style drama, its not the typical, they take on cases that are unusual, and then twist them and then bring out a style that is unique, not the typical interrogation.

She might be a closer, but here is hoping this show stays and open and active case. ;)

10. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

Yeah, she is a strong person...what she said in the first ep: I donnt want to compare the title on the first day(something like this, if I cannt repeat every word)...:lol:...At that I know I like this role and I said to myself that I should continu my eyes on it...

And the way she solved cases looks like a miracle. She could focused on every details and at last found the break point. She has such great insight and did her job so excellently...I love this role...And she is so polite to everyone, including her guys...I still remembered what was in the last ep in season one...The oldest detective(as I cannt remember exactly how to spell his name, hope calling him this way wonnt cause any trouble) just learning waht she would always saying to her team members, and he sounded the word "Thank you" so soft just like what Johnson sounded...That's so interesting...And I believe her members did realised her politness and kindhearted even if sometime she was strict with them...

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

GOOD SHOW- glad others are in tune with this as well-fast paced- and good story lines- and excellent cast- Kyra does a great job love her southern accent- and her intensity- looking forward always to new good dramatic shows

12. Jaer

Jaer Police Officer

I adore this show. Kept telling my best friend she had to watch it, but she has a life and would miss eps. Now she DVRs them every week.

It's funny, but when I watched the first ep again I remembered that when Fritz first showed I didn't like him that much but as the season continued, he really grew on me. In fact, a lot of the characters did.

13. Destiny

Both the show and Kyra have been nominated for a "SAG" (Screen Actors Guild) Award, congradulations to them. ;)

14. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

Of course Congradulations to them~~:)

Well, something recalls me a scene in its season one...I cannot recall exactly, but I'm sure it's in season of this show...

Brenda asked a prosecutor questions about that Lady's daughter, as her daughter was a victim of a murder case...
    Lady: Do you have kids?
    Brenda: No.
    Lady: So I have no need to talk to you.

I have a question...In American Law, does a Mum have the right to talk to detectives about her kids if the detective doesn't have one...Or does it depand on situations?

15. Destiny

The down side is that they lost to Geena davis (commander and chief).

The question, in america if a detective is asking questions the mother (depending on the situation) usually has to answer, but does have the right to decline and wait for an attorney to feel more secure.
    As to does she have the right to decline based on the fact that the det. has no kids sure, not necessairly a good idea, but again its the circumstances.

In the quote you provided Yeah she would have the right to decline, but in the same instance it was about her daughter being a murder victim and therefore is only prolonging the case and makes it harder for the case to be resolved.

Hope that helpped some, like i said before it all depends on the situation in which the question is being asked, is the mother a suspect? does she have info that would lead to catching the killer? and so on.
    The problem with the laws here is that it does depend on the situation in which it is taking place.
    Usually they aren't asking to hear themselves and whether they have kids or not shouldn't feed into the factor because investigating by emotion isn't their goal, but investigating by knowledge gets them farther.