The Christmas Draw

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by ericisacutie, Dec 7, 2007.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

more more more I wish you'd do it sooner lol

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Poor Flack :(

3. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Aww only one more left? Great update ;)

4. ericisacutie

ericisacutie Lab Technician

Thanks for reading everyone! I know I keep saying this, I thought this would be my last chapter, but I guess there will be one more. Enjoy. :)

Chapter 8
    Christmas Eve
    --------------------------------------

It was seven thirty on Christmas Eve when Lindsay walked through the hospital doors. Everybody else was supposed to be getting off of work at eight, so she knew she had to hurry.

She walked down the hall all the way to Mac's room. She stopped at the desk right outside his door and asked, "Has Mac Taylor woken up yet?"

Of course she knew the answer before she even asked, but she figured what the heck. The nurse shook her head as she said softly, "I'm afraid not, I'm sorry."

Lindsay turned around to face his door, then she slowly walked toward it. She stopped in front of it and ooked through the window. He was just lying there, she had this feeling inside of her that was very scary to her, she wasn't sure what it was, but it was strong. She felt though she hadn't been near Mac in a week, that she really needed to.

So she opened the door gently and walked in. When she got inside she shut it back and grabbed the chair right by the door. She then took baby steps toward Mac's bed and when she finally got close enough she sat the chair down and she took a seat.

She didn't know the whole team got off early too. They all had just arrived shortly after she had. They were all standing at the window. She couldn't see them cause her back was turned, but they could see and hear everything...

Seconds later Lindsay finally began to speak.

"Mac..... This is Lindsay. I know you can't hear me right now, which actually might be a good thing, because I don't think there's anyway I'm going to get through this with out breaking down..... I've been really lost this last week Mac, I made Flack really mad at me, and for a good reason."

Flack shut his eyes and just lowered his head, then Lindsay continued.

"I made some of the team work more than they should have had too, on the count I haven't been to the lab for the last few days........"

Lindsay took a deep breath, then she said, "And Danny... I want to be with him so much, but it's just...."

Danny looked down as well as Lindsay said, "So hard to look at him right now, him and Flack both.... I can see so much of you in them, you've tought them soooo much."

Lindsay dried her eyes, then she said, "I want to be with him, I feel safe around him, I trust him and know I would always be happy."

Stella and the other team members looked at Danny, he didn't say anything, he just stared at Lindsay.

"I thought fate might have me draw his name in the Christmas name Draw....... But I didn't, I got someones elses...... I got your........ I had no idea what I was going to get you, I talked to Stella about it actually. She's such a great friend, she listens, she's a lot like you as well. And I asked her, what in the world do I get a male friend who has two very important positions in my life. My boss, and..... my friend......."

Stella's eyes were filling back up with tears again, she tried very hard to hide them though. All the members were feeling Lindsay's pain, they all had so much of their own as well, it was very hard for all of them.

Meanwhile in Mac's room Lindsay closed her eyes as she said through tears, "I, want to apoligize now.... for not coming and seeing you more. And when I did, I couldn't even say I miss you..... I was so afraid, that if I talked to you...., or touched you..... "cries" We all might loose you."

Lindsay looked down once more, then she slowly reached her hand up toward Mac's hand as she said, "But now, I feel like I have too do something. First off I have to say.... I'm sorry, I let the team down, and you..........And lastly, where ever your heart lies right now.... and forever.... We love you, all of us."

Lindsay looked back at the window and saw everyone standing there. She knew in her heart that they were there, but she got flushed again after seeing Danny.

So she then turned back to Mac and said while grasping his hand, "Merry Christmas."

She bowed her head one last time, and then slowly began to stand. She looked at Mac and a tear fell from her eye, she then looked back at the door and started to walk away. But just as she took her first step and began to let go of Mac's hand she was stopped.

The grasp was tightened around her hand, so she looked back, and when she did, in her eyes she saw the world regain it's strongest power..........

--------------------------------------------------

TBC.

I "PROMISE" the "next" chapter will be the last one. :lol:

5. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

I dont want the next chapter to be the last one! Write more :D

6. MacsGirlMel

yeah I don't either lol write more...want more!

7. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Great job, now I need the ending.... :D

8. ericisacutie

I don't want this next one to be my last chapter either guys, but I'm afraid y'all won't like it if I continue it past Christmas. :(

9. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

I'll read it even if there are 10 more chapters :)

10. ericisacutie

Sorry guys, I’m one day late finishing this fic, but I hope y’all enjoy it! Thanks for reading it! I loved writing it! Oh…. And Happy one day late Christmas!!!

Chapter 9

---------------------------------

Lindsay looked down at her hand, and then she looked over at Mac. She saw just the slightest flutter of his eye lashes. Everyone standing out side of the window knew something was going on, they just weren't sure yet what it was.

Lindsay swallowed as she said wiping her eyes again, "Mac?"

His eyes fluttered just a little more and the grip on Lindsay's hand got tighter. She couldn't believe what was happening, it was like he really was waking up, it was just so hard to believe.

Stella and the rest realized it too, so they all started to open the door, but then Flack stopped them and said, "Not yet, let Lindsay....."

The team nodded and then decided it was best for Mac and Lindsay not to be watched, so they walked to the chairs by the door and sat down.

Meanwhile Lindsay walked right up next to Mac's bed. He very slowly started to open his eyes. Lindsay couldn't help but to cry, she tried not too but it was no use.

When Mac finally got his eyes fully open he slowly turned his head toward Lindsay. She was balling like a baby, he grinned very slightly as he took a deep breath and said softly, "Lindsay."

She smiled really big through the tears as she said, "Mac, you're okay!"

Mac smiled bigger too as he said, "Of course I am."

"And you remember who I am too." Lindsay said sniffing.

Mac continued to smile at her as he said, "Of course I do, how could I forget, especially after everything you just filled me in on."

Lindsay looked stunned then she lowered her voice and said, "You heard me?"

"Every word from I've been lost this week without you."

Lindsay looked back down as she said, "Why didn't you say anything?"

Mac blinked as he said, "I couldn't, I wanted too, but I just couldn't, I'm sorry."

Lindsay burst tears out again, then Mac put his hand on top of hers as he said, "What's wrong?"

Lindsay looked back up as she said, "I was so afraid we were going to loose you."

Mac blinked again as he said, "Nah, you couldn't get rid of me that easily."

Lindsay finally let out a small giggle, then Mac said, "So, what's this you tell me about Danny."

Lindsay blushed yet again as she said, "He's a good guy."

"He is," Mac said, "And you deserve him, so make sure you let him know that you know that."

Lindsay nodded, then she reached down in her bag and pulled out Mac's gift. As she handed it to him she said, "I wasn't sure what to get you like I said, but I hope you like this."

Mac smiled and then began to open the paper. Flack had stepped back to the window at that time, and he was watching everything.

Mac slowly unwrapped the present, and when he opened it his face brightened up even more.
    It was a frame with the whole teams picture in it, and also there was a plack that said, 'My Boss, My Hero, My Friend.'

Mac read it and then looked over at Lindsay again, he kept his straight face as he said, "Thanks Lindsay."

Lindsay nodded and then leaned over and hugged Mac, after that the whole team came rushing through the door cheering.
    Everyone smiled at Mac as he said, "So..... Anyone miss me?"

Flack smiled real big as he said, "Not at all boss, not at all."

Mac smiled too, then he looked over at Lindsay again and said, "Lindsay tells me you're the one who kept this sharp looking team together on my absents."

Lindsay looked over at Flack, and he looked over at her. She then slowly walked over toward him as she said, "I'm really sorry Flack, I didn't mean to bale on you like that, or the rest of the team either......"

Flack smiled slightly, then he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a small wrapped box. He handed it to Lindsay as he said, “Well, I think I almost drove Danny insane by not telling him whose name I got, so Danny, I did get Lindsay’s, sorry.”

Danny shut his eyes and gritted his teeth, then Lindsay smiled and unwrapped the present. When she opened it she smiled, it was a bracelet that had little pictures of everyone in it. Danny’s was right on top with a heart, everybody else’s picture was in a circle. Flack slipped in on her wrist as he said, “I’m sorry too, I shouldn’t have snapped at you.”

Lindsay then looked down, then Flack put his arms around her and gave her a huge hug.

Danny was just staring at them, so Mac looked up at him and smiled as he said, “Hey Danny, I don’t think you have anything to worry about.”

Danny looked at Mac, then Mac winked at him. Danny nodded, then Adam smiled and said, “Hey Danny, why don’t you open your next.”

Adam threw Danny his gift. Then Danny reached down and picked up Adam’s gift and tossed it to him. Adam smiled and said, “You got my name?”

“Yea…….” Danny said, “I had an idea for someone else’s though.”
    Everybody laughed including Adam, then Danny looked over at Lindsay and smiled.

Adam opened his gift, which everyone laughed at, Danny got him pajamas. And Adam gave Danny a new watch.

Next Hawlks gave Flack his gift, a knew address book. Flack laughed and then Stella gave Hawlks his gift.

A coffee pot! Hawlks had just moved into a new apartment and was getting all new things, so that’s what she knew he wanted. Hawlks gave Stella a hug and told her thank you.

Then everyone looked over at Mac, Mac then coughed as he said, “Well…….. I guess it’s my turn.”

Stella looked a little confused, then she said, “But Mac, you haven’t had any time to shop…..”

Mac smiled and then said, “Hey guys, can you excuse us for a minute.”

Flack giggled and then said, “Sure…… Come on guys, let’s let the kids play now.”

Stella back handed Flack and then everyone started to depart after giving Mac a hug. Everyone had left except Danny and Lindsay. So after Danny said goodbye he stopped by the door and waited for Lindsay. Lindsay walked over to Mac’s bed one last time and leaned down to give him a hug, then as she stood back up Mac grabbed her sleeve and said softly, “I’ll be just fine okay, and so will you…. Now, why don’t you and Danny go home, and spend Christmas together?”

Lindsay looked back just a little at Danny, and Danny closed his eyes and smiled. Then Lindsay looked back down at Mac and said, “Thanks Mac.”

“No…… Thank you. Take care.” Mac said smiling.

“You too.”

Lindsay backed off and walked slowly toward Danny. Danny reached his hand out and Lindsay slowly grasped it. Then Stella smiled and said, “Merry Christmas you two.”

“Merry Christmas Stell, bye.”

Danny and Lindsay walked out of the room and shut the door behind them. Once they got outside they told the rest goodnight and Merry Christmas, then they left together. They walked outside and it was snowing again. Lindsay looked up and Danny just stared at Lindsay, then he slowly put his arms around hr as he said, “Merry Christmas Montana.”

Lindsay looked at him just as he went in to kiss her. She shut her eyes and Danny then gave her a full kiss right on her lips. They pulled apart just as a snow flake hit their noses.

Lindsay then just rested her head on his shoulder as she said, “I’m sorry I’ve been shutting you out, it’s just…… I’ve been afraid.”

Danny continued to hug her as he said, “I have one last present to give Lindsay, and it’s back at my apartment. Please come with me?”

Lindsay pulled away from Danny and she nodded. Then they both headed to Danny’s car and off they went.

Meanwhile back inside the hospital, Stella sat down by Mac’s bed as he reached for his wallet on the bedside table. Once he had it he looked at Stella and said, “I’ve had these for a while….. I just never had enough courage to ask you.”

Stella smiled slightly as she said, “And now you do?”

Mac blinked slowly and then opened his wallet, he pulled out two plane tickets to Las Vegas. Nbo dates were set yet.

Stella just looked at them, then Mac said, “Would you go with me?”

Stella looked back up at Mac, then he put his hand on top of hers. Tears began to appear in her eyes, then slowly Mac sat up in his bed, and leaned over to be about two inches away from Stella’s face as he said, “Is that a yes?”

Before Stella could answer Mac leaned in the rest of the way and slowly kissed her lips. Then he pulled away slowly, but Stella stopped him as she said in his ear, “I think so……”

They both smiled, then Mac said one last thing, “Good…….. Merry Christmas Stella.”…………………

---------

Danny and Lindsay finally arrived at his apartment, they both walked in and Lindsay sat down on his couch by the Christmas tree again. Danny picked up a small box under the tree and handed it to Lindsay as he sat down. She smiled as she unwrapped it, it was a locket that had a picture of her and Danny in it. She looked at it closely, and Danny just smiled, then she looked up at him and said, “Thank you Danny, it’s the best present I’ve ever gotten.”

Danny caressed her hand, then he latched the locket around her neck. After he put it on Lindsay reached into her pocket as well and pulled out a small box, then she handed it to Danny.
    Danny looked down and said, “You didn’t have to get me anything.”

“I know….. But I really want you to have this,” Lindsay said started to tear up as well.

Danny smiled and then slowly unwrapped the box. After that he looked at Lindsay and said, “You gave me a locket too?”

Lindsay laughed as she said, “Not quite, open the box.”

Danny looked back down and took the lid off. He then reached inside of it and pulled out a single key. H looked at it for a second, then he looked at Lindsay again and said, “A key…. To your apartment.”

“Yea…… I want you to come see me……. As much as you like.”

They both smiled, then Lindsay said, “Merry Christmas Danny.”

Danny’s eye brows rose, then he slowly took Lindsay’s hand and they stood up. Danny led Lindsay down the hall toward his bedroom, and just as they made it there he flipped the light switch off as he said, “Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night………………”

------------------------------------

The End.

11. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

That was great :D Good job ericisacutie :D

12. ericisacutie

13. MacsGirlMel

*squees* I hope they come back married....can that be the sequel? hehehehe

14. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I thought this was a finished fic so unless ericisacutie decides to do another fic (hint) abouth their LV holiday...

15. ericisacutie

I'm guessing you both are dropping me a hint???? :lol: