The Christmas Draw

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by ericisacutie, Dec 7, 2007.

1. ericisacutie

ericisacutie Lab Technician

impatient are we? :lol:

I guess I can tell you though, I was planning on Christmas Eve. :)

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

oh ok. LOL yeah I have no patience :)

3. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^ That's for sure :lol: Great update :)

4. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Write more! Its really good.

5. ericisacutie

Chapter 5
    ------------------------

Lindsay took another small sip of coffee and then she grabbed her keys and headed down stairs. When she got down in the apartment hall she could see out of the window. The snow had stopped falling, but it was white everywhere.

She pushed the door open and headed to her car. When she got inside she turned the defrost on and looked up to see a team photo hanging from her mirror. It was right after she started, she was standing in the middle and everyone was making funny signs around her. She couldn't help but to smile, it hurt her too, but it was impossible for her not to.

Anyway, after she was finished looking at the photo she backed out carefully and headed down town.

She arrived at Frank's Super Store at 8:30. Flack was already there. He was standing outside leaned up against the wall. He was wearing his long black coat looking hotter than ever. Lindsay didn't see him as hot though, Danny was the only guy she thought of that way. Carmine Giovinazzo could walk by and she think Danny was more handsome.
    It was just something special she saw in him, and no one else could replace that.......

Flack saw her get out of her car so he walked over toward her. When she saw him he smiled slightly and so did she.

She got out completely and then locked her car. Flack was then standing right behind her. She hadn't realize he had gotten that close, so when she turned around she accidently back handed his arm. She gasped but Flack just laughed.
    After that he leaned over and hugged her gently, then as they pulled away from each other Lindsay looked up at him and said, "It's not about the present draw is it?"

"Hod did you know?" Flack asked softly.

"Danny huh?" Lindsay asked slowly.

Flack just stared at her with his normal face, then she looked down and said, "I knew it."

Flack then took her hand and started walking with her. Once they got out of the parking lot Flack looked at her and said, "He's worried about you Lindsay."

"Why?" she asked sternly.

"Because," Flack stopped walking, "He loves you.... And when you love somebody, you want to make sure they're okay."

Lindsay closed her eyes for a minute, then she said, "Why did you have to meet me then."

"Well, for one thing you wouldn't answer Danny's calls, and another, we're a team..... and a family, and that's what a family does, because a family loves each other. We all love you Lindsay, and we all love Mac too. That's why he's going to be alright, because he knows he has something to live for, he knows he has a family."

Lindsay was speechless at first, she had no idea Don Flack could speak like that. She always thought of him as this stern guy who would never care about anything more then his job, she had no idea he could say love, let alone mean it to anyone besides his blood.

But she was very wrong, he meant it, and she knew he was right. Their team was special, they were all a family that loved each other very much, and she knew that was the reason why she was there, because of that very reason.

So after Flack and Lindsay walked a little further, they bth stopped. Lindsay let go of Flack's hand as she said, "So.... what about your idea for the present?"

Flack gave a fake smile as he said, "For Mac, how about a lump of coal?"

Lindsay laughed as she said, "I'm not buying for you or Danny Flack."

Flack then laughed too as he said, "Hey!"

Lindsay stopped laughing as she said, "Do you think we could.... trade names?"

Flack stopped smiling too as he said softly, "I don't think so Sweetie, you wouldn't want the name I got, and besides.... I think you should keep your."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive, you know why?"

Lindsay shook her head, so Flack smiled again and said, "Because, Mac will like anything from you, I promise."

Lindsay slightly smiled once more, then she leaned up and gave Flack another hug and then they headed back for her car again.

It was now 9:30, just as Lindsay went to get in her car Flack stopped her as he said, "Where you headed?"

Lindsay looked down and smiled, then she looked back up and said, "I'm going to go see someone I love.... I'll meet you at the hospital later, tell everyone I said hey."

Flack smiled and nodded, then Lindsay got in her car and drove away.

Ten minutes past and then she pulled into a different apartment complex. She saw Danny's car parked right in front. So she pulled up next to it and parked. She slowly got out and walked up to the door. She pushed it open and then walked to the end of the hall to door number 167.

She knocked three times gently, and then the door opened........

```````````````````````````````````
    TBC

6. MacsGirlMel

lol at the Carmine reference

more soon!

7. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I was about to say the same thing! I loved the part where Flack was talking about the Family :D

8. Phobia

Phobia Hit and Run

It`s very exciting, really :)

9. ericisacutie

Welcome to my fictions Phobia! Thanks for reading!

Chapter 6
    ```````````````````````````````````

After the door opened Lindsay slowly looked down, acting like her shoes were more important than the face that was now staring at her. She didn't say anything, but the shirtless Danny did.

"Lindsay, you okay?"

Lindsay slowly looked back up at Danny, she was trying not to stare at his chest, but it was really hard for her. Danny realized she was looking, so he smiled and said, "Do you like?"

Lindsay looked back down at once, but then Danny smiled again and said, "Go ahead, take a look, it's part of the package."

Lindsay finally giggled, then she looked back up and said, "Aren't you cold?"

"A bit." Danny said sternly. "Why don't you come in, I might warm up that way."

Lindsay looked Danny in his eyes, then she slowly walked toward him and put her arms around his waist. He then placed his arms around her as she lay her head on his shoulder. They both backed up together and then Danny used his foot to close the door............

Back at the hospital Flack had arrived, Stella was still sitting right next to Mac in a hard chair. When Flack walked in Stella looked up at him and he saw two very dark circles under her eyes. he smiled as he walked toward her. He kneeled down in front of her as he said, "You know what. I think I've got it from here. Lindsay and Danny will have the late shift tonight, so let me take the noon one. You go home and get some rest, I won't leave his side until someone else get's here, I promise....

Stella smiled at Flack, then she looked over at Mac. She stood up and then leaned over Mac. She lowered her head closer to his face, then she puckered her lips and kissed his cheek. Flack smiled and then rubbed her shoulder as she past. As she got to the door she looked back at Flack and said, "Thanks Don."

"Hey, he's my friend too you know."

Stella nodded and then Flack said, "Please be careful on your way home."

Stella once more nodded and then she headed out. Flack then turned to Mac. He walked up to the chair Stella had been sitting in and he sat down. He looked at Mac again as he said, "You know, you have a lot of people who need you, especially right now. I'm doing the best I can to fill your shoes for the moment, but seriously, no one could do that, ever. Stay with us Mac..... please just stay with us......."

Back at Danny's apartment thirty minutes later, he finally put his shirt on as Lindsay walked out of his bedroom and into the living room. She sat down on his couch in front of the fire as he came from the bedroom as well with his shirt on and a blanket in his hands.

He gently spreaded the blanket over Lindsay and himself as he sat down. He then put his arm around her shoulder as he said, "Can I get you anything else?"

Lindsay looked back in Danny's eyes again as she said, "Nah, I'm good now."

Danny smiled as he said leaning in for a kiss, "You're always good."

She smiled too as he kissed her lips. Once he pulled away Lindsay looked back at the fire as she said, "You know Danny, we have the late swift with Mac tonight."

"Yea, Danny said softly, "Are you okay with that?"

Lindsay nodded her head as she said, "I guess I have to be."

She looked back at him, then he lowered his head.

Stella made it home minutes later. She saw her message machine blinking so she walked over to it and pressed the button. It said there were three new messages and one skipped message. So she listened to the three new ones as she took her coat off and sat down at her table.

It then went to the skipped message dated two days before.
    Stella closed her eyes at the sound of the voice.
    It was a message Mac had left her, she just never listened to it because she was too busy.

It started off by saying thanks for all of her hard work. As the message progressed tears built up in Stella's eyes, then finally at the end when he said, "It's because of you I'm the way I am," she broke down. She started crying hystarically and then she just couldn't stop. She finally cried herself to sleep an hour later. She couldn't stop thinking about Mac, and how she was praying so hard for him to be alright...........

`````````````````````````````````````````
    TBC

Last chapter is next! Thanks for reading
    :)

10. MacsGirlMel

awww...you said it'd go till Christmas eve though. I'm confused.

11. ericisacutie

I was planning on having the next days pass, but I might just play them out as well, it just depends. It will go to Christmas Eve though, I promise. :lol:

12. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Last Chapter? Aww, I wish you would make more!

13. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

And that's where you stop? Are you kidding me?!? :p

No, serious, it's really good. Keep it up! [​IMG]

14. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^ :lol:

Great update :D

15. ericisacutie

Okay, so maybe I have a couple chapters left, :lol: enjoy!

Chapter 7

-------------------------------------

The next morning came very quickly for the ones at home asleep, but it seemed like forever for Danny and Lindsay up at the hospital.

Lindsay finally managed to walk inside of Mac's room. She sat down right by the door, and didn't go any closer.
    Danny sat next to Mac for a while, but then as time past he went and sat by Lindsay. She fell asleep on his shoulder at around 3 o clock.

By the time six thirty came around his shoulder was very numb, and he was very stiff. As the sun rose Lindsay began to awaken, and everybody started to show up.

Hawlks and Adam showed up right around the same time, and Flack showed up fifteen minutes later. It was 7:20 and Stella still hadn't shown.

When Flack walked in on the rest he smiled and said, "Any changes?"

"No." Danny said sadly.

Flack nodded his head, then he looked down at his watch and said staying at Danny and Lindsay, "Did you two get any sleep?"

Danny looked at Lindsay and said, "Well, Cinderalla did."

Lindsay smiled, blushing a bit with everyone watching her now. Then Flack said, "Alright then, well Danny, I need you to go home and get a few hours of sleep, then I need you up at the lab by four. Lindsay, I'm going to call Stella to meet you there now, and Hawlks and I will follow. Adam, you have day shift till four with Mac. Do not leave this room unless t's to get coffee, do you hear me?"

Adam shook his head in almost a scared way, then just as everybody stood up Stella showed up at the door. She looked down as she said, "Sorry I'm late guys, I had things going on at the house."

Flack looked at Stella and said, "Your fine, but I need you to go to the lab with Lindsay and start. I'll need you to work until close if you can handle it. Danny will come and take Lindsay's place at four, alright?"

Stella nodded, and then looked over at Lindsay. Lindsay looked at Danny and smiled, then Danny rubbed her hand and felt goosebumps appear all over her arm. He just smiled and then Lindsay and Stella left the room. Flack gave Adam a few more rules, then him and Hawlks left as well.

Danny followed ten minutes later. He went home and hit the hay straight away. He fell asleep and didnt wake up once until his alarm clock went off.

Back at the lab Stella and Lindsay were both doing backed up paper work, they both could tell each other were having a hard time focusing, but neither one of them said anything. They all actually stayed pretty silent the whole day.

Flack was running back and fourth from office to office doing this and that all day. He was trying to be Mac and do his job and make sure the others were all alright all at the same time. He was for sure wiped by the time Danny showed up at four.

When Danny came in Lindsay left. She was supposed to go relieve Adam at the hospital like she told Flack she would, but she never made it there..........

At four forty five Flack received a call from Adam. His phone rang twice and finally he answered.

"Don."

"Hey Flack, it's Adam, are you keeping Lindsay late or something?"

Flack looked around at the others and then he said, "No, she left about an hour ago, why?"

"She's not here yet."

"What?," Flack asked worried.

"Yea, I tried her cell first but there was no answer."

Flack closed his eyes to think for a second. Then he told Adam bye and he hung up. He then dialed Lindsay's home phone, and she answered on the first ring.

Flack was iritated as he said, "Are you alright?"

Lindsay at once said, "Yea, I'm fine.... I'm sorry Flack, I meant to call, but......"

"But what!" Flack yelled. Danny and Stella both looked at him as he continued, "I just got a call from Adam up at the hospital, he said you never showed and that you didn't answer your phone."

Lindsay stalled a minute, but then she said, "I know FLack, I'm sorry."

"You're sorry?" he asked sternly. "Cut the crap Lindsay, you're acting like this is hardest on you, believe me girl, you have no idea."

Stella stood up as she said softly, "Flack."

Flack then took the phone away from his ear as he said, "Next time call, so we can make sure you're not dying too!!!"

He hung the phone up and stormed out of the room they were all in like there was no tomorrow.
    Danny and Stella stayed standing there completely dumbfounded by what Flack just said to Lindsay. All the stress and worries he had built up inside of him but had just kept to himself just busted, and unfortunatly it busted on the wrong person.

Danny closed his eyes and reached for his phone, just as he was about to dial though, he thought to himself it wouldn't do him any good, so he just closed it back again and put it back in his pocket.......

The next days past very slowly for everyone. There was tention in everyone, and tention between everyone too. Flack went without barely speaking to anyone, Lindsay didn't show up to work or answer any of Danny's calls, and Stella and Hawlks did most of the shifts at the hospital with Mac.

Christmas Eve though no one was able to stay with Mac, not even Adam because they all had to work. That wasn't the original plan, but since there was so much backed up from the days before, they had no choice........

Everybody was supposed to work until 8, but at seven thirty someone showed up at the hospital.... and that someone was Lindsay......

-----------------------------------

TBC

Now there is only one chapter left, I hope you guys will enjoy it! I'll post it tomorrow! :)