The Christmas Draw

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by ericisacutie, Dec 7, 2007.

1. ericisacutie

ericisacutie Lab Technician

I know I already have two fictions on the board, so after this one I won't post anymore until my others go down. But this one I thought would be fun and heart warming. It's CSI NY (Sorry I'm on a kick with NY,) anyway, all of the members have to pick a name and buy a present for that person. There's a lot of debating and a frustration, but in the end they all have a very Merry Christmas!

Enjoy!

Chapter 1
    One week till Christmas

---------------------------------

Stella called everyone into the break room at the end of the day. It was 8:00pm and everyone was tired and ready to go home. But everyone finally made their way into the break room slowly and sleepy.

Stella was really the only one awake and excited. She was holding a black hat that had seven pieces of folded paper in it.

Once everyone got inside and sat down Mac blinked as he said, "What did you do Stell?"

Stella laughed as she said, "I didn't do anything, but it's that time of year again. Christmas is one week away and we still haven't done our present draw."

Everyone yawned. Lindsay perked up a little bit, the girls always got more excited about it then the guys did.
    Stella then knocked Flack's feet off the coffee table and said, "So wake up everyone, Don. You have elected yourself to go first. And remember not to tell the person whose name you got. You can tell other people if you want, just make sure you can trust them."

Stella laughed after she said that, then Flack slowly reached his hand in and pulled out two names.
    Stella smacked his hand and said, "One Don, you know the rules."

Flack just looked at her, then he looked down at the paper and unfolded it. He smiled and then looked over at Danny, he didn't say anything but he could barely help himself from saying whose name he got.

After Flack went, Mac went. He reached his hand in and stired the paper around, then he pulled out one. He opened it quickly and sighed, then he showed it to Stella and said, "May I pick again?"

Stella giggled and said, "Sure."
    He had drawn his own name out, so he put that one back in and as he did he said, "Well at least I know I won't get some crummy gift from Flack."

Everyone finally laughed, except Flack. He just fakely smiled and sat back again.
    Mac then drew once more and said, "Of course I'd get this one."

Stella shook her head and said, "Don't say it, you'll just have to deal with it as long as it's not your name."
    Mac nodded and stuck the paper in his pocket. Next it was Adam's turn. He closed his eyes and picked a name. He laughed when he read it. Then he did as MAc did and stuck it in his pocket.

Lindsay went and seemed quite satisfied with her pick.
    Then Hawlks went, and laughed as well. Stella then butted in and said, "Well you guys seem awake now."

After that Danny drew, he was really the only one still half asleep. After he was finished Stella took the last name and nodded with her pick.

After they were all finished Stella sat the hat down and cleared her throat for one last speech.
    "Now, make sure you're friendly when picking out the gift, and guys, make sure if you get gag gifts you have a real one too. Now, good night, and I'll see y'all later."

Everyone stood up and started leaving the room. Just as Flack was leaving though Danny grabbed his jacket and said, "Whose name did you get?"

Flack smiled but didn't say anything. He started walking again, but then Danny shoved him and said, "Tell me?"

Flack laughed as he said, "Nooo, you'll just have to wait till Christmas."

Danny just glared at Flack for a second, then Flack left smiling.

Lindsay rushed up behind Stella as she was getting in her car. She knocked on the window, and Stella opened the door back up.
    Lindsay took the paper out of her pocket and un folded it again. Stella smiled and said, "You got Mac's name didn't you?"

"How did you know?" Lindsay asked freezing.

"From the expression on your face in there, you seemed happy with what you got, but scared at the same time."

"He's our boss Stella, but he's also a good friend, what do you get a male with those two positions in your life?"

Stella laughed once more and then looked down at the seat next to her and said, "Why don't you come to my apartment, we can think of different ideas."

Lindsay nodded and climbed up into the pasenger seat. Once they shut their doors Lindsay smiled as she asked, "Whose name did you get?"

Stella started the motor as she said, "Sheldon's."

"That should be easy," Lindsay said.

"Yea, I've already got a pretty good idea."

They both chuckled and then Stella and Lindsay drove off.

Meanwhile Mac went to his office to grab his things before he left, and Danny met him inside it.

Mac looked over at him and said with his famous look, "Yes?"

Danny rolled his eyes, then he said, "Did you get her name?"

"Whose name?" Mac asked smiling.

"You know whose name. Lindsay."

Mac chuckled and then said, "Relax Danny. I saw you interogating Don as we were leaving the break room."

"Yea, I was, because if he got her name I'll have a fit."

"Well, does he?" Mac asked still smiling.

"He didn't answer me, and it doesn't like you will either."

Danny started heading back for the door again, but then Mac stopped him and said, "I got Stella's."

Danny looked back at MAc and said, "Stella's?"

"That's right."

Danny then smiled too as he said, "Mistle Toe...."

"Shut up Messer, do you have any ideas what I should get her?"

Danny didn't say anything, he just continued to smile and walked backwards out of Mac's office. Mac then said, "So you don't have any ideas?"

Danny was now out of sight, but Mac heard him yell from around the corner, "Mistle Toe!"

Mac now rolled his eyes too, then Flack came from around the other corner and into Mac's office with a huge grin on his face. Mac looked at him and said, "What?"

"Mistle Toe I hear, you must have gotten Stella's."

"Will you guys give it a rest." Mac picked up his keys and was getting ready to leave, but then Flack sat down in MAc's leather chair and said still smiling, "Was Danny just asking you if you got Lindsay's name?"

Mac stopped and turned back around. He nodded and said, "Yea, he did. He's afraid you got her name. Did you?"

Flack laughed but didn't say anything. Then Hawlks and Adam came to the door. Mac turned and looked at them as he said, "No! I'm going home tonight, ask me tomorrow. Good night."

Mac walked out and said, "Don, lock my office when you fools leave."

Flack just continued to smile, he was having a lot of different thoughts, and it took everything he had to keep from laughing.......

----------------------
    Let me know what y'all think and I will continue, thanks!

TBC

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Yeah this is good... I want to know what they get each other!! Dont keep me hanging :lol:

3. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Please write more!

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

yeah I like it...I sooo want you to write more, and fast!

5. ericisacutie

hehe- thanks you guys!
    This chap will be cut a little short, it's late here and I have to be up really early, please continue to comment though, I love to hear what y'all think! :)

Chapter 2
    `````````````````````````````

Mac got in the elevator and went down to the bottom floor. When it landed he walked outside and snow was falling. He looked up just as one fell in his eye.

He shook his head and started walking to his car again. When he made it there he unlocked it and climbed in.
    He started the motor and drove away.

Meanwhile, Danny was getting ready to leave as well. He collected his keys and wallet and headed out as well.
    He walked out of the front door and the first step he took he stepped on a patch of ice. His feet slid right out from under him and on his butt he fell.

His head slammed into the ground as well, and he started seeing even more stars then there were in the sky.

Flack came walking out just about that time. He kneeled down next to Danny and said, "Hey man, you okay?"

Danny didn't say anything, but Flack could see the huge goose egg on the back of his head. He tried to pull Danny into a sitting position, but that was hard on the count Danny wasn't helping. It was like he was spacing out and he didn't know what was going on around him.

Finally Flack smiled as he said, "Lindsay!"

Danny sat straight up into sitting position as he said, "Where?"

Flack started laughing again and Danny just glared up at him. Flack offered Danny a hand and he stood up. Once they were eye to eye again Danny brushed the snow off as he said, "I could have had brain damage, and all you could do was mess with my mind."

Flack again continued to laugh, but it didn't last long. His phone rang and it came up as unidenified.
    Flack looked at Danny and then pressed talk.

"Hello," Flack said slowly.

"Detective Don Flack?"

"Yes."

"My name is Dr. Filch, I'm from St. Mary's Hospital."

Flack looked at Danny rubbing his head, then he said, "May I help you?"

The Dr. stayed silent at first, but then he said, "I'm afraid I don't have very good news Sir."

Flack blinked as he asked, "What is it? Is something wrong?"

Danny looked at Flack funny, then Flack turned his phone on speaker as the Dr. said, "I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but your fellow Detective has been in a very serious car accident. That involved a drunk driver and ice."

Flack jerked his head to the side as he said quite loudly, "Who?"

"Detective Mac Taylor Sir."

Danny and Flack didn't wait for another word, Flack hung up as he said, "Get the others Messer, I'll call Monroe and Stella!"

Flack was off to his car and Danny rushed back into the building and grabbed Adam and Halwks. Once he had them they all got in their cars and took off to the hospital.

Flack arrived first, and then the others showed up just about the same time.

Flack was talking with the doctor as Stella, Lindsay, Danny, Hawlks, and Adam all walked up.

"How is he, where is he, can we see him?" Lindsay asked in a panic.

Flack lowered his head as the doctor said, "I'm so sorry guys, he's in pretty bad shape. He's in a very serious coma."

Lindsay started tearing up as Danny took her in his arms for a hug. Stella tried to keep it together like the others, so she cleared her throat and took a deep breath as she said, "How serious, when do you think he might wake up?"

The doctor looked down as he said, "We always want to be positive in cases like this, but......"

"But what?" Danny asked frustratedly.

"There's a pretty good chance that he might not ever come out of it, I'm sorry."

Danny pulled Lindsay in closer, then Stella shedded her first tear. Flack walked over to her and wrapped her in a hug as well, and the other two guys were just standing there thinking.

The doctor then said, "There's always a chance though, he might come out of it in a few months, no one can really tell."

Hawlks looked at the doctor and said, "Can we see him?"

The doctor nodded and pointed to his room. Everybody then took small steps toward the door.

Flack slowly pushed it open and everyone went in, except Lindsay. She stayed by the window just looking in.
    Stella walked right up next to him and took his hand. Lindsay stared at his face, but for just a minute. It had scrapes all over it, he was bruised very badly on his arms and had stitches in his hand.

Stella leaned down and kissed his hand as she said, "You'll be okay, I know you will."

Everybody else just looked down and shut their eyes. They were all thinking, what kind of Christmas present was this? How could any of them have Christmas now, not after what has hapened to their boss.... and their friend..........

```````````````````````````
    TBC

6. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Why do fics turn me all soppy! :(

Great update!

7. MacsGirlMel

yeah why are you evil? lol although I can't talk considering I had him get cancer and be in a car accident in the same year in one RP.

more more!

8. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Yeh I suppose your right Mel... How can I talk considering my current fic :lol:

9. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

*grabs tissues*, Please write more!

10. MacsGirlMel

lol natty

I would not have given him both in the RP if I'd realized they were all connected...my previous RPs have been like seperate verses or however you wanna see it so we could have different storylines but this one is different.(it's the one on MSN)

11. ericisacutie

:lol: y'all are great, thanks for reading!

Chapter 3
    ``````````````````````````

They all stayed at the hospital for about an hour, then some of them started to head home.

Lindsay never went in his room, she just stayed at the window looking in. So at 11:30 she decided she would just go home since she wasn't doing anything suportive anyway.

She waved gently to everyone through the window, then she started her way down the hospital halls. Danny noticed that she was leaving so he told everyone good night and followed Lindsay down the hall.

He rushed up behind her and put his hand on her back. She stopped and turned around. Danny smiled slightly and said, "Hey, let me give you a ride."

Lindsay shook her head and said, "No, it's okay."

"No it's not, after what has happened tonght I don't want you going home by yourself."

Lindsay didn't mean to, but she just snapped.

"Why! So two can end up in the hospital instead of just one more?"

Danny just looked down. She really didn't mean to say it that way, she was just scared and upset.

She started crying again as she finished calmly, "I'm sorry Danny, I'll just take the bus."

She turned back around and rushed out of sight.
    Danny watched as she vanished. Then he shook his head and sat down in an arm chair right next to Mac's room.

Soon afterwards Adam walked out. He looked down at Danny and said, "I thought you were leaving?"

Danny nodded and said, "So did I dude, so did I."
    Adam gritted his teeth and then said good night. He walked out the same way as Lindsay had.

Next Hawlks said good bye. He looked down at Mac and said softly as the other two had gone and got coffee, "See you later man, you'll be alright. Take care."

He touched Mac's shoulder and then walked out. He also saw Danny sitting there. He though didn't say anything. He just brushed his shoulder and smiled, then he left.

As Stella and Flack came back Danny started to stand up. He was finally going to leave. Flack had him a cup of coffee, so as he handed it to him he said, "You leaving?"

Danny nodded. Stella smiled softly as she leaned over to him and hugged him. He shut his eyes as Flack said, "We all have tomorrow off, then we're booked solid till Christmas. So I would advise you to get your gift for the draw tomorrow sometime."

Stella released Danny as Danny said, "Are you out of your freakin' mind Flack? We can't celebrate Christmas while Mac's laying in there fighting for his life."

Flack then lowered his head as he said softly, "I know it's not ideal Danny, but it's what Mac would want."

Danny didn't say anything but Stella did.

"Don's right Danny, he really is."

Danny thought a second, then he nodded his head. After they stood there for another minute or so Danny really did leave.
    He took his coffee and headed out to his car.

Stella and Flack stood there for another few seconds as Stella said, "This is gonna be super hard on all of us Don, and Danny and Lindsay. Danny is even going to be more down because he's upset too because Lindsay is, and Lindsay is really upset."

Flack nodded as he said, "Yea, I noticed something different about her, I mean we're all upset, but she wouldn't even walk in the room."

"I know....."

"Did she draw his name?"

Stella sadly nodded and said, "Unfortunately..... yes."

She looked back up at Flack and he reached over and rubbed her hand. He smiled slightly as he said, "Mac's tough, he'll be fine, I promise."

Stella smiled, and then they both went back in Mac's room.

It's hard to believe what kind of friendships the CSI's have with each other, it's something different then just regular friends, it's a very special connection, and no one but them knows how that feels..........

------------------------------
    TBC

12. MacsGirlMel

more more! I want wakeup!

13. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

14. ericisacutie

Chapter 4 :)
    Six days till Christmas
    ------------------------

Flack and Stella ended up spending the whole night in the hospital with Mac that night. Neither one of them got any sleep, they barely took their eyes off of him, they were both hoping for a miracle..........

Meanwhile everyone else was in the process of doing what Flack suggested last night. They all got up early and got dressed and headed out for the city to go shopping.

The way all the drawing turned out was that Stella had Hawlks, Hawlks had Flack, Flack did have Lindsay, Lindsay had Mac, Mac had Stella, Danny had Adam, and Adam had Danny.

Lindsay got up at six thirty and made her way into the kitchen. Her phone was blinking because she had a message. She was screening her calls ever since she left the hospital last night. She wasn't answering any calls from Danny. And there were plenty of them. Seven to be exact.

She looked down at it and then hit her message button and when she did she heard Danny's voice say, "Lindsay, please answer your phone, I just want someone I care about to talk to. I know you're upset, but please call me back, I would really like to see you today. Take care, and please be careful, the weather doesn't look like it's going to clear up any time soon."

Lindsay closed her eyes and started tering up again. She didn't like shutting him out, but she was so afraid she wasn't sure what else to do. She didn't want to talk about it, but at the same time she felt alone........

Danny woke up at six thirty as well and headed straight for the coffee pot. After he turned it on he reached for his phone and dialed Flack's number. He knew it wouldn't do him any good to try and call Lindsay again, so he decided to go another route.

The phone rang twice and then Flack answered.
    "Hello?"

"Hey Flack, it's Messer, how's thing's going?"

"About the same Danny, what's goin' on?"

Danny scratched his head as he said, "It's about Lindsay."

Flack didn't say anything, so Danny continued.
    "I'm worried about her, she won't answer any of my calls, I know that's just because she doesn't want to see me, but I know she'll answer......" Danny paused. It was very hard for him to say, so he shut his eyes and just spat it out.

"She'll answer your."

Flack then answered.
    "How do you know?"

"Because. I just.... do. Please. Just call her, meet her somewhere and try and make her feel better, I'll talk to you later."

Danny hung up without hearing another word from Flack.
    It bothered him so much to have asked Flack to do that, but he just didn't know what else to do. And though he hated it more than anything, he cared enough about Lindsay to think of what was the best for her.

So back at the hospital Flack shut his phone for the moment as he looked at Stella and said, "I have to go for a while, but I'll be back soon. I'll call Halwks and have him releave you for a little while, I'll see you later."

Stella smiled and shook her head, then Flack looked over at Mac. He closed his eyes and then left the room. When he got out of the hospital he took his phone back out and called Lindsay's number. It rang once and then she answered.

"Hello, Flack, is he okay, is everything alright?"

Flack took a deep breath and then said, "He's about the same Lindsay."

"What do you mean about the same? Is he betterm, or worse!"

Lindsay realized she snapped again, so she just didn't say anything else.
    Flack however got in his car as he said, "Meet me downtown, Frank's super store."

"Why?" indsay asked gently.

"No questions. Please, just do this for me. I think I have a gift idea for you."

Flack hung up his phone and pulled out of the parking lot.

Lindsay hung her phone back up too and just stared out of her apartment window. She wasn't sure if she could handle seeing even Stella, let alone one of the guys, but she then thought to herself all they were trying to do is help. And also she wasn't the only one having a hard time with this, everyone was, she just was having a hard time remembering that..........

----------------------------
    TBC

15. MacsGirlMel

more more!

When will you have him wake up? Just curious