~The Break Room~ - Off-Topic Thread #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by wibble, Oct 27, 2006.

1. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Okay, totally off topic, but that's kinda the point here, right?

I found this and I thought it was funny:

Virtual dissection of a frog

For everyone who never had the chance to do this in real life. Unlike others we never examined frogs at school... only ever cut a pig head in two, was funny too :D

2. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

Cool! I passed the dissection! And I never did it at school and I probably would've passed out or something but that was fun. Thanks for posting that MiaCharlize!

3. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well, we are being OT here ain't we ;)

4. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

An off-topic thread. Fist time it cathes my eye! I was wondering if any of you have a wii! I m trying to get pro in all wii sports atthe moment. Didn't play much wii sports at first.. (Have my wii since late June)

5. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I don't own a Wii but I've used one a couple times. I've played Wii sports which is fun and I've also done the games that you need to finished each one before you can go on to the next. It had things like shooting, pool, table tennis, etc.

I'm pro Wii but I don't own one cause I'm not a huge gamer.

6. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

I have the Wii and I've tried getting to pro in tennis but I'm like halfway. My bro got pro in bowling and the ball was like shinnier(sp?). It was cool.

7. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I don't have a wii, but I got to use my firends. He didn't have many games for it at the time, so we mostly played sports. It was actually quite fun.

8. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

OOO! My roommate has a wii! It's a long story really how she got it, her boyfriend gave it to her, but then they broke up, and he wanted it back, but she kinda ignored all his phonecalls and what not :lol:

We don't have a lot of games for the Wii, so I make mii people a lot. I have one for every CSI character and Harry Potter character :lol: We have like, Zelda or something, and some game where you are a monster and eat people, but those aren't overly fun games :lol:.

9. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I <3 my Wii..but I think the sn kind of gives the gamer thing away. :) I have a few games like Mario Party 8, Wii Play, Rayman Ravin Rabbits, Tramua Center Second Opnion, and Cooking Mama. I'm also excited bout being able to play Game Cube on it as well. Not to mention I'll be playing the CSI Wii game all the time whe it comes out. :D

10. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

I am pro in tennis en bowling. i don't find both hard to become pro in. I do have difficulties with baseball... what is the "mercy rule" btw?

Oehw making lots of CSI mii's is fun thing. Going to do that next time :p Then fill up my baseball team with CSI's! That is cool!

I currently have 3 games: sports, play, splinter cell DA... next thing will be mario party 8 or second opinion I think!

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

The mercy rule (I believe) is when one team is winning by so much that it's impossible for the other team to catch up, they will end the game so that the losing team is... "less embarassed"

12. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

Well the Wii is my brother's cause he got it for his birthday. But he has The Bigs and Mario Party 8. I'm always arguing with him about how I'm going to get the CSI game when it comes out. Right now we were arguing. I also want to get the My Sims game that's gonna come out. It's like two of my fave things put together. Wii and The Sims!

Oh and the "mercy rule" I think is when the other team (or you) have more points and then I guess the console thinks that you won't make it so they just say mercy rule. But I alos wish that the baseball game had more innings.

13. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

I used to play softball in High School but we never got the Mercy rule thingie... So I wondered. I won 2 times with the Mercy rule... and lost a few that way too :p
    Three innings is enough for me! I think the games last long enough! imho though.

Ohw rlly a csi game for the wii! Now that you mentoined it... Wasn;t there a thread about that on the forum somehwere... I might have read it! That will also a game I'm buying!

The wii is so bad for my school work though. Love it to much!! :lol:

14. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

I think that the Wii is better than other game consoles cause you have to actually stand up to play the games and it serves as excersie for little kids (ex: my brother).

15. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

I always sit while playing :p but yeah if you really do it with the standing and moving around it can be pretty good for getting some excersesing...

I just like it because the whole gameplay has changed from the regular control... Graphics is a little to bad but it is most common thing you usually already know before buying a Wii... (or previous consoles) Nintendo has always been more known for gameplay than graphics! I am wondering about Wii 2 already. this kind of gameplay with good graphics... just imagine...