The 30 and Over Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 21, 2008.

1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

St. Elsewhere, that was one of my favourite shows of the 80s.

I loved Dr. Craig and Howie Mandal cracked me up!

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I might have been wrong about Ultraman. It said that the actors were voices, but elsewhere it said it was live action.

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

My hubby went to high school with Howie Mandel. I've met Howie but it was a greeting passing in the lobby of performing arts centre.

I also enjoy St Elsewhere. It was a very heads up show for the times. Mark Harmon was in it. His character, Dr Bobby Caldwell, was one of the first to get HIV/AIDS and die from it. Other than Mark Harmon and Howie Mandel it had some guy named Denzel Washington in it.

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I remember it! It wasn't animated. They were just in horribly pathetic costumes. My brother and I loved to watch it, and of course play pretend outside and hold up spoons and such trying to turn into him. :lol:

And St. Elsewhere was such an awesome show. It really was.

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

How come I just now found this thread... :rolleyes:

I watched the original BattleStar Galactica as well. I think everyone had a crush on Starbuck. I do like the new series, I was leary of a woman being Starbuck because of all the appeal Richard Hatch had as the original Starbuck, but I did like her and the new series.

Electric Company, Zoom, Sesame Street (when I was younger) were what I watched on TV. We lived in a remote area for a while and that's all that was on at the time. :p

6. joy7

joy7 Dead on Arrival

Hi....waves and blushes.....can i join in? I am over 30, I remember Electric Company, Mr Rogers and Captain Kangaro, with mr green jeans.

7. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Hey there Joy, welcome to the thread! :D

Speaking of Children's TV shows, anybody here remember The Great Space Coaster and Gary Gnu? :p

8. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Because you didn't look in the Misc Forum earlier :D

The children shows I remember watching were Mr Dressup, The Friendly Giant, Uncle Bobby, and Captain Kangaroo. The first 3 were Canadian shows and hey with being a Canadian it was natural to watch home grown stuff :) I loved the Friendly Giant it was one of those shows where you still remember lines from it 40 years later :)

also welcome to the thread both hhunter and joy :)

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I remember Uncle Bobby and Mr. Dressup! I liked Casey and Finnagan.

The Friendly Giant was a great show.

10. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

:lol: I totally watched Mr Dressup & The Friendly Giant. They were 2 of my fav shows as a kid. Oh the memories. :lol:

11. CSIViet

CSIViet Victim

Ah, it's so nice to come across people that are of a similar age group.

I had the most depressing conversation with a friend of mine a few months back. We were discussing when John Lennon died, I couldn't remember if it was 1980 or 1981 but I could remember talking about it at school. His response was to tell me he was born in 1981! I should feel flattered that he was shocked I was THAT old......

My first concert (of my choosing anyway) was U2 during the Joshua Tree tour when I was at school. I felt ever so grown up.

There was a tv show that used to be shown every summer when I was a kid, the Red Hand Gang (or something like that, my memory is fading fast). You knew you were on school holidays when you watched that. There was also a show called Why Don't You...? on UK tv which I never really understood because it's entire ethos was to encourage you to stop watching tv and "go and do something less boring instead, sitting at home watching tv, turn it off it's no good for me, why don't you......"

Oh dear, I could go on forever.

12. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Well I'm glad I found the thread :D

I went to see U2 up in Vancouver BC. That was my first.. now wait.. AC/DC in the Old Kingdome. :p Those of you from Seattle and are over 30 will know what I'm talking about.
    Saw the Rolling Stones in the Kingdome as well.

Gosh, those were fun times. I mean fun. No drinking, no drugs (at least for me then) and oh the memories of the Kingdome.. ;)

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I had friends at work at one time who couldn't believe I actually saw "Star Wars" in a THEATER! :lol: And yeah, they hadn't been born yet. Good grief, it's not like I was at "Gone With the Wind" or something!

My first concert was the Bay City Rollers. :guffaw: My first *real* one tho was REO Speedwagon (in their heyday) and 38 Special.

14. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

My 1st concert was in high school. It was INXS and I think it was the Kick tour.

15. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

My little sister (who is only 14 years younger, and born in 1981) once said something along the lines of "didn't they have black and white movies when you were little?" And the sad thing is that she was serious when she was asking this! :rolleyes: She was spending the night with me once when she was about 12 and found a bicentennial quarter (that would be a special 1976 edition quarter for those of you not in the US) in my change drawer and had made a big deal out of it because she'd never seen one before. Well now she's 27 and has 4 kids and is getting it back. She was singing some old commercial jingle the other day, and said her kids looked at her like there was something wrong with her. :lol:).