The “Get rid of Boa Vista!!!” Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by CAINEonFIRE, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Re: The ?Get rid of Boa Vista!!!? Thread

What is with the influx of Mary Sues in CSI shows? CSI added Sofia and she's a great character--why couldn't Miami and NY follow suit? I don't really dislike Natalia, but she's not so much of a character as an excuse to try to draw out conflict between Ryan and Eric.

And the domestic violence thing, :rolleyes: An excuse to make her seem more sympathetic, and also carrying on the fine tradition of making almost every woman in a CSI show a victim at some point.

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

That really pissed me off big time! I mean, Y was a kickass lady, until the thing called "Stetler" happened.
    in LV both Cath and Sara has been made to be "victim" and now in season 2 of NY, a kickass Stella became a victim, so did Aiden.

Why, oh why, they need to do that?

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't dislike The Snake so much if there was a good reason for her character to be in the show. The could have added a horse to the show and it would have as much of meaning to be there as The Snake. People would ask the same question "What on earth is the point of THAT being there?"

To be recurring character like Valera? It would work? But to main credits? Oh come on, give me a break. Boti Bliss should get in the main credits!

The character just goddamn doesn't fit there. I was very excited about the season 5 but if all this will drag it to cheesy soap opera shit like season 4 was... I think I cry.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Yeah, I'm totally with you there. There wasn't a compelling reason to bring her in other than to add conflict among the guys. I mean, yeah, she brought money into the lab (which is the official reason why she came on board), but couldn't they have just gotten a grant for all the kickass work Horatio does? :lol: I mean the man pretty much always gets the bad guy--that should count for something, no?

And I'm tired of seeing the CSI shows use violence to undercut their strong female characters. Natalia probably doesn't fall into the strong women category, but give me a break. It's gotten so that every woman on a CSI show has to be victimized.

4. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

It would have worked

"Mr. Caine,since you do such a asskicking job and ALWAYS catch the bad guys, I think you deserve some update for your lab"

5. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

It's bloody ridiculous. The only one who seems to have gotten off lightly is Calleigh (touch wood). It's just unnecessary, the guys don't need to have a reason why they are the way they are, so why should the women. I used to think CSI was a very empowering show for women, but I guess I was wrong.

I have come to a conclusion: The reason I hate Natalia so much is because she represents everything that's wrong with the CSI shows.

6. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

yeah but even poor calleigh had her ex-boyfriend shoot himself right infront of her :(

7. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

And her dad's an alcoholic. But I agree, Natalia has to be the victim, again! *sigh*

8. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

I know, but at least those things weren't to do with her if you get what I mean. She's still had alot of crap happen to her though. The only guy that's anywhere near as damaged as the girls is poor Nick.

9. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I think this thread is veering off topic. But I still wanna chime in just this one time on this "women being victimized" subject.
    Here's what I think. I think Anthony Zuiker and the other male writers and producers are the ones making most of the women on the show victims. In season 4, it seemed like almost every woman was a victim of some kind...murder, attempted murder, kidnap, rape, domestic violence, child abuse as a child, their parents were killed while they were locked in a closet. VICTIM VICTIM VICTIM.
    *pukes*
    I think if there were a CSI show that was run by all women behind the scenes and had an all female CSI team including a female detective things might be different. Or maybe not, cause they'd probably put Ann Donahue in charge. Then she'd probably bring Anthony Zuiker with her. Anthony Zuiker would probably drag 1/2 a dozen male writers over to it with him. So it just end up being CSI: FEMALE VICTIMS.
    *pukes again* :(
    Instead of making Natalia or Calleigh or Alexx or Valera or Yelina or Marisol or any female guest star's character a victim...why don't they make Horatio or Eric or Ryan or Frank or Stetler a victim??? They could make one or two of them a victim of something like kidnapping or attempted murder. If nothing else they could have Stetler beat up real bad by a gang and have that same gang kidnap Horatio who was there keeping a VERY close eye on Stetler. Let Natalia make amends for being the mole by being the hero and figuring out where they're holding Horatio and be the one who saves his life. Just a thought. :rolleyes:
    Well, I've said all I wanted to say on this "women being victimized" subject. :cool:

10. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

Why is is always Horatio (and sometimes Delko) who get to shoot people? Calleigh is the guns expert, shouldn't she get a turn?

It's just little like that that annoy me on that front. Calleigh's character, as with most of the ladies of CSI, is fiercely independant. I know the guys would always keep and eye on the girls no matter what but they don't need to be babied. If they are tough enough to work in law enforcement they are tough enough to handle themselves.

Maybe we should start a separate thread for this subject :lol:

11. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Sounds like a good idea. ;) It's fine to discuss the victimization of Natalia here, but if we're branching out to other characters and discussing victimization in a more general sense, a new thread would be a better place for it, to prevent us veering too off-topic. :)

12. CalleighWolfe

CalleighWolfe Pathologist

I'm back. I've watched some Natalia's episodes in s4, and read the rest of the reviews. And, well, my opinion has changed a little: If they want to get rid of her, do it. If not, don't do it but, just keep her very far from Ryan, and treat her like a normal character, without problems, and don't victimize her please, we have enough 'injured' women in the show, and the spoilers say that Calleigh is gonna be a victim too in s5, so two victims? I mean, it's CSI or a soap opera?

13. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Well at least they don't have her freeze up or miss the perp like they have Ryan. They have made him look bad twice now when it comes to shooting his gun..eh..I know wrong thread....I still want Boa gone...she does nothing for the show and in IMO she never will, make her a csi and just make us all hate her more, giving her something she doesn't deserve...

14. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

what i dont get and what i think is unblieveably unfair is that natalia has been on the show for 1 season and now shes gonna be a csi..poor valera...how long has she been on the show for?? maybe she doesnt want to be a csi but still...i wouldnt even think someone who has been on the show for 1 season would become a csi in the next season. but natalia worked for the feds and there trusting her to become a csi?? :mad:

15. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

The worst part of it is they'll probably make her do something 'heroic' like save Calleigh from getting shot or something. Then we'll be supposed to buy into her being good. Then Delko and Ryan will fall in love with her *shudders* I feel as thought I'm reading Donahue's mind.