Tennis

kimi said:
Actually I'm not fond of 'grass'...nevertheless I'm gonna follow it a bit.

I love Wimbledon but I already said that before. I hope tomorrow brings us some play.

Anyway, I come with some gifts. I was at the Ordina Open last week where I took these pictures of my moms dreamboy:

He was forced to eat some strawberry's while they took pictures of him in the last ones and it was funny because I don't think he liked them all that much :lol: He was also flirting with the girl selling the strawberries when they had to take a picture together. He saw that she was nervous and wanted to make her laugh. He turned to her and asked her: "How you feeling? Good?" It was funny because he said it all Joey-like from Friends :lol: Anyway, I kinda see why my mom likes him so much, he is a sweetie. You should have seen her, she was bouncing of the walls whenever she saw him :D

As I mentioned in the locked thread, who's gonna watch Wimbledon with the World Cup going on? :p But nah, I will be watching it as long as they don't clash with the WC matches.

Of course, if it continues to rain then they'll have to keep showing repeats of old Wimbledon matches...

CrimeShark said:
As I mentioned in the locked thread, who's gonna watch Wimbledon with the World Cup going on? :p But nah, I will be watching it as long as they don't clash with the WC matches.

Ehm, I will :lol: I don't like soccer anyway and Holland is out of the tournament so it's Wimbledon all the way now :D But yeah, I'm strange :lol:

CrimeShark said:
Hehe, if you don't like football then you don't count!

Thanks, I love you too ;) :lol:
Anyway, I'm sure many people will watch both and choose soccer when it's on at the same time.

Great pics Joy, you're right Juan Carlos is a sweetie ;)

I've taken a look at the results, good news but you must already know that, Nalbandian, Ferrero and Nadal won...YAY !

kimi said:
I've taken a look at the results, good news but you must already know that, Nalbandian, Ferrero and Nadal won...YAY !

Yeah, I knew that :lol: Although I didn't see much of it, saw a bit of David's match and he looked pretty good out there, better then I expected after his injury. Today he takes on your countryman Clement and while I like him, please do not win from David, that's an order! :D

Joy22 said:
Today he takes on your countryman Clement and while I like him, please do not win from David, that's an order! :D

Well it was quite easy for David today, he defeated my Arnaud in 3 sets. Ferrero won too and he's gonna play my dear friend Stepanek.
Tommorow Rafa plays his second round...vamos ! But there may be a third round Nadal/Agassi :eek:.
Federer crushed Henman today, this guy really rules on grass.

the potential Nadal/Agassi match will be interesting...of course Nadal will be the favorite, but he hasn't really proved himself on grass yet...Agassi will have the crowd behind him

does anyone knows why Federer is wearing a cream colored blazer on court instead of the usual windbreaker sport jacket??

CSIgrad said:
the potential Nadal/Agassi match will be interesting...of course Nadal will be the favorite, but he hasn't really proved himself on grass yet...Agassi will have the crowd behind him

does anyone knows why Federer is wearing a cream colored blazer on court instead of the usual windbreaker sport jacket??

No I have absolutely no idea why he's wearing this blazer :rolleyes:

Nadal had a tough match against Kendrick, he won in 5 sets and will meet Agassi. I also think Agassi is the favorite.
Safin was defeated by Gonzalez once more (2 Grand Slams in a row :mad:)

kimi said:
Safin was defeated by Gonzalez once more (2 Grand Slams in a row :mad:)

Yeah, but this time he was actually two sets to love up :mad: I wish the old Safin would come out and play again, this one is no fun :lol:

Anyway, Roger got that jacket from Nike I read somewhere. There are three rackets on them, one for each Wimbledon crown and he likes wearing it. I have no comment, except that I miss my Pete who was just as good but had a thing called modesty, maybe Federer should look that up some time.

Back