Tennis

WillowsWannaBe said:
I would like to do some sports and I've been thinking about doing tennis. Does anyone play it? BTW, I don't watch it.
I tried to learn as a child so I took a short course for beginners,then I was going to do another one for improvement but the tennis instructor thought I was too bad and sent me to a beginners course again...
I was so bad that I passed more time picking the tennis balls up from the ground than playing...so I gave up playing tennis and put my racket in the wardrobe and now I enjoy watching it.
But,hey,try it,for sure you'll be better than me. ;)

Today's Nadal-Federer at Wimbledon.
¡ Vamos Rafa !

I do love play tennis ! my fav sport . I began to learn when I was 9 years old and I'll never stop :)

This afternoon, it's gonna be a great finale !

Sat down watching Wimbledon final.

I love Federer, he is the best player I have ever seen, but Nadal is cool, love how enthusaistic he is bouncing around, I'd really like to see him win today :D

Well, he did it again. Title number four for Feds. I do think that Rafa did good today, I really like this new rivalry and when I think about the fact that Nadal is only twenty...The next years are going to be interesting.

Yeah well done to Federer he is just absolutley amazing on the grass, I thought Nadal played well but whenever Roger needed to lift his game on break points and so he just can, that is the mark of a great player :cool:

Joy22 said:
WillowsWannaBe said:
Soooo.... anyone?

I tried to play it a couple of times but I found it very difficult. I was not my game :lol: But it is a fun sport and you could always give it a try, who knows how talented you could be.
Very difficult? Uh oh... I'll try it anyway. :) My dad used to play it, too. So I have the proper equipments. :D

I'm sure Federer is very relieved now :D After the first set Nadal didn't make it easy for him. But his experience came out in the end, I guess.

Looks like the US Open will be quite interesting!

WillowsWannaBe said:
Very difficult? Uh oh... I'll try it anyway. :) My dad used to play it, too. So I have the proper equipments. :D

Just give it a try, I'm sure you'll do great! Good luck!

Nadal escapes unhurt in car accident in Mallorca.
MADRID, July 11 (Reuters) - French Open champion Rafael Nadal escaped unhurt after the car in which he was travelling hit an electricity pylon in Manacor, Mallorca, Spanish media reported on Tuesday.
The 20-year-old world number two returned to his home town on the island on Monday after losing to Roger Federer in the men's singles final at Wimbledon.
Local radio station IB3 reported the accident had caused power cuts in the Portocristo area of the island.

I hope he isn't hurt too bad! He's not my favourite, but there would be something missing if he weren't at the US Open...

As for me, I tried, once, to play with my son, and couldn't stop laughing: I was sooooooooooo bad!!! But I love watching. Especially Agassi... I was living in Montréal last year and went to see him a few times.

Near where I live,in a beautiful sailor's village called Luanco,there's a tennis tournament that is very original 'cause it takes place in the beach,so players have to play when there's low tide and stop when there's high tide.

This year is the XXVII and it takes place 23-26 july,the participants are:paul-Henri Mathieu,Tomas Berdych,Nicolás Almagro,Albert Costa,Esteban Carril,José Manuel García,Borja Martínez Lejarza and Javier Garrapiz.

Former winners have been for example:Corretja (1998),Moyá (1999),Ferrero (2000)...

foto97.jpg

I took these pics of the row of seats with high tide on Sunday:
Row of seats1
Row of seats2
Row of seats3

And I found these pics so you can get an idea:
Playing with low tide.
Not playing with high tide.

Wow! I didn't know this kind of tennis existed! Who thought of it first? Someone with a very "unusual" mindset, I would say... :lol:

There aren't so many great tournaments during summer, so I'm getting bored :rolleyes:.I miss Grand Slams and Master Series, hopefully the US Open will start at the end of the month :p.

Oh I know I'm a bit late... but Mauresmo won Wimbledon.I'm proud of her, but unfortunately her victory passed almost unnoticed cos of the World Cup :mad:. Yeah two Grand Slams in a year, pretty great. It's kinda irritating to see she's capable of winning everywhere in the world but not at home. Roland Garros sucks for her :rolleyes:.

Back