Tennis

Marcos Baghdatis is still in Wimbledon right? Yeah, I'm cheering for him 'cause he's one the better Greek tennis players since Pete Sampras. Then again, there probably won't be anyone like Sampras for a while...

I love Baghdatis and the way he played in the Australian Open (I really thought he could win the final :eek:). He has a french coach, lives in France...he's kinda 'half french' so I'm rooting for him either. But there'll be, once more, a dilemna for me next round cos he'll play against Grosjean. I wonder why all my favorites always meet each other early in the competition :mad: ?? It's quite irritating

Well, that was a horrible day yesterday. I can not believe they both lost, I was really looking forward to a Nalbandian-Ferrero match and they both lose :(
Big bummer...Anyway, I hope Nadal does well today but if he loses too then I guess watching Wimbledon on a regular basis is done for me this year. Watching Federer win is not that exciting :)

Wow,Nadal defeated Agassi,I can't believe the boy is doing so well on grass. :D

2006062918100829_300.jpg

CSIgrad said:
does anyone knows why Federer is wearing a cream colored blazer on court instead of the usual windbreaker sport jacket??

I read in the papers that he wore that blazer because he equaled/beat the current record on grass, or something like that. Instead of having a ceremony, he decided to just wear the blazer as a mark of celebration :)

Oh wow, maybe Nadal's game on grass is changing now? Looking good so far, despite that game with Kendrick.

Rafa did good today! Yeah! But that being said, beating Agassi does not mean he's a great grassplayer all of a sudden. Andre couldn't keep up with his speed and that would have happened on any surface. I want Rafa to go all the way and do the best that he can do but I think that he still needs to do a lot to really get on a great level of play on grass. But he's getting there, step by step. Good for him!

MARCOS! Bravo file, you are making all the Greeks & Greek-Cypriots around the world happy :D. I believe he is facing Nadal next but that should not be a challenge for my Greek boy. C'mon Marcos, make us proud. Win wimbledon :D!

Nadal is in Wimbledon's final!!! :D
He's incredible,he got in the final even playing on grass.
So this Sunday another Federer-Nadal match.
I think this time the very favourite is Feds 'cause if Nadal defeats him again,this poor guy is gonna retire in a monastery or something. :lol:

I think Federer is definitely seeking revenge on Nadal! :D Grass should be FedEx's surface, but Nadal's looking good too! The final is gonna be awesome!

Hormiga said:
Nadal is in Wimbledon's final!!! :D
He's incredible,he got in the final even playing on grass.
So this Sunday another Federer-Nadal match.
I think this time the very favourite is Feds 'cause if Nadal defeats him again,this poor guy is gonna retire in a monastery or something. :lol:

I second that :lol: I also believe that Feds is the heavy favorite for the title but the fact that it's Nadal on the other side of the net, that must be a little bit scary for him. Feds went to Wimbledon thinking; 'Ok, he won't bother me for a while' but surprise, surprise, never underestimate Rafa :D I hope Nadal wins tomorrow but I know it's going to be Federer. But still, Feds has been warned, Rafa the clay king is becoming a king on grass too.

WillowsWannaBe said:
Soooo.... anyone?

I tried to play it a couple of times but I found it very difficult. I was not my game :lol: But it is a fun sport and you could always give it a try, who knows how talented you could be.

Also, good for Mauresmo to win. Congratulations Kimi, you must be very proud of her.

Back