"Tell Tale Hearts" Discussion **SPOILERS**

I liked the episode. The last scene with Catherine made me kind of sad. Yes, her exit story has begun. Please don't leave Marg! :( Though I would like to see her do a new TV show.

I loved it. Great CSI episode. Harkens to CSI of old.

The episode was a cross between Gumdrops from season 6 with the family dealing drugs (including the little girl)and Blood Drops from season 1 with the whole family murdered and the house covered in blood.

Count me in as one who was skeptical of yet another new person on CSI. Nothing against Ted Danson but at first I didn't think he would fit in. Boy was I wrong. :eek:
He's funny, and quirky and all the things we liked about Grissom without being Grissom.
He's got his own personality and a stable background. Something I think Cath does appreciate and almost is jealous of. Another storyline leading up to her eminent departure.

The case was classic CSI. Chasing leads, finding evidence, apprehending suspects even the classic CSI twist where they all did it in the end.
I'm wondering if that was a nod to Grissom the Strangers On a Train reference. Please tell me what episode that was again?
Someone please also tell me what Brass said to him about Seattle (is that where he is from now? First it was Portland, now it's Seattle :confused: ) About coffee? I missed that convo somehow.

After 2 episodes of season 12, CSI seems to be back on the right track.

I'm wondering if that was a nod to Grissom the Strangers On a Train reference. Please tell me what episode that was again?

Someone please also tell me what Brass said to him about Seattle (is that where he is from now? First it was Portland, now it's Seattle :confused: ) About coffee? I missed that convo somehow.

The Strangers On A Train reference was also used in season 3's "A Night at the Movies".

And I'm not sure what Brass said but I think it was something along the lines of people bleeding coffee up in Seattle. :lol:

He's got his own personality and a stable background. Something I think Cath does appreciate and almost is jealous of. Another storyline leading up to her eminent departure.

I think so too. She seemed a little wistful in that scene when the wife called and afterward as she heard him talking on the phone.

I liked how he didn't answer the phone while she was there because it would be "rude". Kind of like last week when he told his wife he would be a little late and then asked the team to breakfast. Shows he's good at balancing home life and work. :)

I liked how he didn't answer the phone while she was there because it would be "rude". Kind of like last week when he told his wife he would be a little late and then asked the team to breakfast. Shows he's good at balancing home life and work. :)

I liked that too, I kind of wish she had stayed and talked to him though, rather than leaving, but I know their repoire has to build up slowly to be realistic.

I really liked the episode, there were a lot of good moments and we got to see just enough of everybody. Kudos to Larry Mitchell! :thumbsup:

I agree with all of the already posted humorous highlights, and left most of my Nick comments over in Charm. There was a lot to like!!

Greggo pulled his gun! I know a lot of you don't like that he's carrying now, but I thought it was kind of a growing of the character, and I think guys with guns are hot :devil: :lol:

I can't wait for next week already!

I thought so too. It makes me a bit optimistic about her wanting this type of life (family, love) and having a departure which has to do with her and Vartann being together. Not saying that would be the only reason for her leaving the crime lab but that there could be hope for a happy ending with them because in her new life she would want that too.

I thought so too. It makes me a bit optimistic about her wanting this type of life (family, love) and having a departure which has to do with her and Vartann being together. Not saying that would be the only reason for her leaving the crime lab but that there could be hope for a happy ending with them because in her new life she would want that too.

I really hope it doesn't have to do with 'finding love.' Already went there with Grissom. No need to be redundant.

I liked this episode, it was interesting how it played out at the end, the fact that all three of those suspects were working together; the beginning was especially creepy, it kinda reminded me of Blood Drops in season 1. but at the same time, like the premiere, the episode also had it's moments where, for some reason, it felt like it was focusing more on the characters (particularly the introduction of Morgan and D.B., and the show (character-wise in general) feeling more like an ensemble again, just like the good old days). Overall everyone was involved and had their fair share of screen time, much like the old CSI :).

I think it's interesting seeing a leader that's not just quirky but a lot more light hearted and has a more open way of showing that he cares about the team, like that scene when D.B. asked Nick, Morgan and Greg to gather around for a "family meeting" while they were processing the crime scene, which was actually pretty funny, especially after seeing the looks on Nick and Morgan's faces lol. I've missed the team being like a family and one of the things I'm really liking about D.B. Russell so far is that he seems to understand that about them, if you know what I mean.

I'm really liking Morgan so far, her interactions with Sara, Nick and Greg were priceless :D. also loved the scene when she was trying to drive to the crime scene :lol:,

Nick: "your Dad teach you how to drive?"
Morgan: "Funny."

I can understand her tension with ecklie, considering the kind of person he was in the earlier seasons; I wouldn't be the least surprised if he wasn't much of a father to her in the past.

Catherine seemed a bit sad when she walked out of Russell's office at the end :(. it really sucks that she got demoted; she worked so hard to become a supervisor and I remember back in season 5 when she had that conversation with Grissom about wanting the job :(. I just can't help but feel that that will be part of the reason she'll end up leaving. I'm really going to miss her when she goes.

I really hope it doesn't have to do with 'finding love.' Already went there with Grissom. No need to be redundant.

Yeah that's why I said "not saying that would be the only reason for her leaving the crime lab...."

I think that her leaving will have to do with lots of things and not one specific thing. But when she does leave I want her relationship with Vartann to continue. That's not the same as saying I want her leaving to be because she wants to get married and live a loving and sappy life lol.

The Strangers On A Train reference was also used in season 3's "A Night at the Movies".

And I'm not sure what Brass said but I think it was something along the lines of people bleeding coffee up in Seattle. :lol:

IIRC, Brass asked DB if they had 'Stigmata houses' up in Seattle and DB said that even the saints in Seattle bled coffee.

Yeah, I liked that he didn't answer the phone cause he wanted her to be able to finish what she was telling him.

Greggo pulled his gun! I know a lot of you don't like that he's carrying now, but I thought it was kind of a growing of the character, and I think guys with guns are hot :devil: :lol:

I practically started drooling when he reached toward his hip. I was like yummy Greggo with a gun... me likey. :lol:

Really strong episode again - Morgan and DB are settling in nicely and the new ballistic tech looks likeable.

Nick's reaction as Morgan drove towards him was classic, nice interaction with Greg and Nick at the scene. I like the way DB is kind of like the dad of the CSI's with his 'family meeting' technique.

Some parts of the ep irritated me slightly - Morgans long hair trailing in the crime scene meant i couldn't concentrate on the scene as i kept thinking 'tie it up!'.
Also Cath and Brass' treatment of the Peeping Tom made me slightly uncomfortable as it was a bit over the top aggressive. I know the change in temperature technique etc. is a done thing so that didn't bother me so much.

Nice homages to previous episodes and some good humour, i agree that they seem to be heading down the Cath missing family life/burn out route which is fine if it's done with some originality but it seems to be the only way characters can leave a show on tv - unless of course they are killed off.

Last edited:
I don't know about their treatment of the suspect so much, but Brass' line to him about Cath when Cath asked him to strip "just pretend she's an 8 year old girl" was a little in poor taste (even if the guy was a peeper of a little kid) and kind of made me almost throw up in my mouth a little bit.

I really enjoyed this episode. It held my interest the whole time, wondering what exactly happened in that house and why.

I really liked DB. I think he reminds me of Grissom but in a different kind of way. I also think Morgan is a good fit. Nice to see her more in this episode and interact with the others. I agree that she is more likable than Riley, even though I liked her too.

Back