"Tell Tale Hearts" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Episode Title: 'Tell Tale Hearts'
    Episode Number: 1202
    Synopsis: "Three suspects come forward with three different reasons why they killed an entire family and the CSI team has to determine who is telling the truth."Original Airdate: September 28, 2011
    Story By: Larry Mitchell
    Teleplay By: Joe Polaski
    Directed By: Brad Tanenbaum

Guest Stars:

• Marc Vann as Conrad Ecklie
    • Monique Gabriela Curnen as Xiomara Garcia
    • Larry Mitchell as Officer Mitchell
    • Joseph Patrick Kelly as Officer Metcalf
    • Jaime Gomez as Officer Andy Cantelvo
    • James Harvey Ward as John Lee
    • Amy Davidson as Leslie Gitig
    • Brooke Butler as Alison
    • David Petruzzi as Matt
    • Kyla Kenedy White as Fiona Chambliss
    • Roy Abramsohn as Reporter 1
    • Michele Lainevool as Reporter 2
    • Chris Mulkey as Maurice Gallows

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Looks exciting

4. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

"you in the market for a decorator" :lol: Catherine/Marg please don't leave!!

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That's a great line. I love the interaction between them. I kind of get a slight Grissom/Cath vibe from them... except Cath and Gil were pretty much best friends and Cath and DB barely know each other.

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I only say "Weeping Willows" because of a specific scene. Not plot-wise. You'll recognize it when you see it.

(There ya go, Smokey. ;))

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Brass referring to DB as "Moonbeam" and saying he hopes he brought his booties and strong stomach. And then DB shakes the booties at them. Did he hear Brass? LOL.

LOL at Morgan getting annoyed with the GPS. Those things are irritating sometimes.

LOL at Nick telling Morgan to "have fun" when he sees Ecklie.

"You in the market for a decorator?" LOL.

Is that the girl who played Carrie on 8 Simple Rules?

"Family meeting" :lol: "Is he for real?"

"Looks good, Greg"... well, he finally learned his name LOL.

"Best job in the world. You get the play with guns, nobody's shooting back" hehe... I think I kind of like her.

"I'll drive. I know the way." hehe.

Ouch, poor Hodges' hand. "Lucky for you I can work through the pain". Nick: How much pain do you want to have to look through?

Ooh, pretty unicorn painting.

"Good call, Hollywood" heehee.

Good grab, Mitch!

"Our only viable suspect is the one person who HASN'T confessed to the crime"

"Those shrooms in your office aren't medicinal are they?" :guffaw:

An Ellie mention? That was unexpected.

DB calls his wife "doll". Aww...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

The "127 days since an accident" sign in the lab was a nice subtle nod to the Hollywood fiasco. ;)

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I totally missed the sign. I'll have to rewatch tomorrow.

I really liked this episode as well. The case was as interesting as it was disturbing. The character moments were great in this one too. Nick and Sara teasing Morgan about her driving/not knowing where she was going. Nick and Hodges ripping each other in the lab. I do have to say the "Moonbeam" thing is old, though. It was funny when Catherine said it last week but I'm over it. The mushrooms comment by Brass was hysterical, though and the little digs by the other characters were amusing as well. It's a nice way to show the team really doesn't want to like the new guy coming in to "clean things up" without making them look like a bunch of whiny babies.

My mom randomly said, "I don't like him," in reference to DB in the middle of the episode. I asked her why and she just said, "I don't know. I just don't like him."

I still like him, though. He's a little more than "quirky" but I think it works because he still has an air of authority and comes off like he knows what he's doing despite seeming a bit strange.

12. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Enjoyed the episode. I really like the interaction between D.B. and the team. As long as they don't make him out to be flawless...I will be content.

Some great comments as well (as GNRFan pointed out)
    "Don't be mean about it!" hehee Hodges

I too didn't expect Ellie to be mentioned by Brass, but it was nice to see that tptb remembered that he had a troubled daughter. So he was able to relate on a more personal level with the father of the son. Well as personal as Brass will get with a suspect/victim.

:lol: Morgan driving down over the embankment...why didn't that surprise me? And of course Sara's little comment later on about going back...."I'll drive. I know how to get there." Love that they take little jabs at one another. Morgan seems to fit in decently with the others as well...

Oh and I liked how DB had the "family" meeting. Gathering everyone on the scene to talk it all over. It's like he's really trying to include everyone working on the case instead of running with his own theories etc and exculding the others.

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Liked Hodges and Nick...Hodges saying Nick will "never get to run grave". :lol: I like that Nick doesn't seem to take it all very seriously. :)

Liked Morgan throughout. I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with her and Ecklie.

Didn't really like the way Cath and Brass were treating the first suspect. What was that all about?? Turning the temp down and making him strip with the blinds open. Then later Ecklie turned the temp back up and put the blinds back down.

Loved the look Brass gave DB just before the cockrobin spiel. :lol: As in, "Well, Moonbeam...nothing to add?"

Why did Greg's face look all dirty when he was processing the house?

Finally, I get it. DB is happily married. Can we stop with the mentions of his wife now?

I had a sense of deja vu at the beginning. Seemed like "Blood Drops".

14. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

A lot of what I liked got mentioned already. I also loved the digs at each other and bonus points for a visit from the continuity fairy re Ellie.

I still think the cock robin thing had a very Grissom feel about it.

Again with Cath being unhappy...they're definitely working up to her leaving.

And disagree about the family thing with DB. I totally loved that part.

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I like that DB's family is mentioned a lot too. It's nice to have a CSI character who has a family that is very much front and center in his life.