Tattoos and Piercings

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by skiJeRZe, Aug 7, 2005.

1. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

Re: TATTOOS

Okay, I'm going to ressurect this thread because I am having a hard time with the decision of whether or not to get a tattoo.

I have been doing a lot of thinking and I have decided that if I get one, it would be a phrase from RENT.

But now I'm having an issue deciding between a couple of phrases, and deciding where to get it done.

So, my two top prospects are:

Forget Regret

OR

No Day But Today

I love both of those so much because I love the messages, they are so powerful, and just beautiful.

Now my problem is where to get it, I found one "Forget Regret" that I quite like, Forget Regret. I think it looks really good there, and it can be covered up if it needs to be. In this spot, I do worry a lot about the pain though.

"No Day But Today" might look cool across the center of my upper back, in a smaller typeface.

Any other ideas? For people who have them, where is a place where it won't hurt as much, because needles are not my friends, and I want to have as little pain as possible.

2. never_a_promise

never_a_promise Pathologist

I have one of the inside of my left wrist, and it didn't hurt that much and it also has the advantage that it can be covered up with a watch or bracelet if needed. I love the quotes that you picked they are really good.

3. Depth-Of-Love

Depth-Of-Love Lab Technician

omg i want to get a tat so bad but im WAY too scared! my big sis has like 4 tats and they look awesome!! awww i just love them they are so cool!

4. csi_fanatic87

csi_fanatic87 CSI Level Three

I would like to get 2 small tattoos. That would be it though. I'm afraid that getting a tattoo would be reall painful.

5. keich

keich CSI Level One

I wanted to get a tattoo but that would mean I won't be able to donate blood.

6. jenakapt

jenakapt Lab Technician

^ that's not actually true, my mum told me that once to scare me off but I checked with a blood donation company and they said only for six months after, just like if you got your ears pierced, as long as all the tests were clear!

That's what it's like over here anyway!

7. never_a_promise

never_a_promise Pathologist

I still donate blood and I have had a tattoo. They have a year long waiting period to make sure that nothing has been contracted during the process but after that your fine to donate again.

8. natyna

natyna Hit and Run

me too HOPE :D but mine's on my left arm and it's in arab ;)

9. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

Well, even if it was true that I couldn't donate blood if I got a tattoo, it wouldn't change things.

I can't donate blood in the first place because the medication I take makes it impossible. It can cause problems with my blood so I have to have blood tests every 6 months to be sure that it hasn't messed with me.

10. IlovemySNICKERS

IlovemySNICKERS CSI Level One

i have a tattoo of a star on my left foot. i really really like it.
    i want to get a tattoo this summer on my wrist...now im just trying to narrow it down to what im going to get.
    Actually...im finding tattoos quite addicting. I swear i want like 4 more....
    keeping in mind, that they all are all going to be smaller, and being put in places that they can be hidden, or shown off when i want to...

11. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

Same here! I was so nervous and scared when I went to get my first one, but it wasn't bad at all...I actually found it kinda relaxing at times which alot of people are like "Seriously?". I got my second one about a year and a half later and now I'm just waiting until I have the $$$ to get my third.

12. obsession_360

obsession_360 Coroner

next year im planning on getting a small tat of Jack Skellington on my hip and a barcode on my lower back. :D

13. LindaNorman

LindaNorman Dead on Arrival

Hey, cool thread. I have 8, collected over the last 15 years. Very addictive.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I have five: an eagle in flight on the outside of left calf, a tribal memorial (for my grandmother which is my design) wrap around on left forearm, a broken tribal on right wrist, an eagle head with USA on right forearm, and a tribal dragon head on right shoulder.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

i have 2 tatts one on my right upper arm which i wish i never had and one on my shoulder blade in chinese lettering and it says OUCH and it did hurt. :cool: