Talk LIMS #8: Final Results!

Re: Talk LIMS #8: Challenge 4 - Results!

Thanks Soph, it was fun while it lasted, I was expecting to go this round, there are so many awesome artists in here, I'm suprised I made it this far! On the plus side, I've got some more free time... :lol:

Sorry to see you go too Nikky. :( Well done Kaila and Geni, both of you icons were totally awesome, you did a great job! :D

Oh wow, awesome. Thanks for the award :)

Sorry to see you go Nikki and Steph :(

And congrats to speed_cochrane for the voters choice.

Aw, sorry to see you gals go. :/

Congrats Axelsonfire for the BeenDazzled award! :)

Heh, I thought for sure that entering that icon would get me voted out :lol: but I was pleasantly surprised. :)

Everyone did a fantastic job this round. :D

Oh, I didn't get a chance to vote as i was away for a bit!
Sorry to see you go Steph and Teddy Bear Dr.
Congrats to everyone who got through!

Sorry to see you guys go!!!
Congrats to the award winners. Geni your icon rocked! :)

I'm surprised I'm still in, wasn't too satisfied with my icon but everyone else seemed to like it :lol:

Re: Talk LIMS #8: Challenge 5

Sorry this is late folks!

Challenge 5
Character: Eric Delko (Miami)
Restriction: Negative Space - This means that the subject of your icon should take up less than 50% of the icon. If you need/want examples, please let me know :)

Rules:
~ This is an anonymous challenge, so don't go posting your icon anywhere until this round is over.
~ Your icon must not exceed 100x100px. It should be in .jpg, .png or .gif format.
~ You must use only the images provided
~ No animations will be permitted.
~ Submit your icon by sending me (Dragonfly) a PM with the subject line LIMS Round 5 or similar.
~ If you are unable to send PM's, you may use the hotmail address in my profile. Just include TalkCSI in the subject so it doesn't go in the junk folder ;)
~ You may submit only ONE icon
~ If you wish to use your free pass for this round, you must send me a PM to let me know.
~ The deadline for submissions will be Sunday, April 4th. No extensions will be given.

Re: Talk LIMS #8: Challenge 5

Can I have some examples of negative space icons please, just so I can get an idea of what to go for.

Re: Talk LIMS #8: Challenge 5 - Now Up!

There was a 'negative space' icon challenge last year. You can see the icons here.

I hope this is helpful. :)

Yeah, I'd like some as well. For example, would the icon I'm currently using count?
I mean, I think I know what you mean with negative space icons...but I want to be sure ;)

I think I get the idea... hope I can come up with something

(is the icon I'm using an example or the subject must take up even less?)

Examples:
NovSpeed01.png
137Chakotay01.png
134-BWN05.png
Forever.png
Theme06-NegativeSpace.png
Category02.png
Theme-NegativeSpace.png

There was a 'negative space' icon challenge last year. You can see the icons here.

I hope this is helpful. :)
Ah, thanks for posting that. Saves me the trouble of going to look for it ;)

Yeah, I'd like some as well. For example, would the icon I'm currently using count?
I mean, I think I know what you mean with negative space icons...but I want to be sure ;)

Hmm... yes, I think yours would be okay.

I think I get the idea... hope I can come up with something

(is the icon I'm using an example or the subject must take up even less?)
I'd say less space. Basically, the less room the subject takes up, the better. Though, you should still be able to tell who/what it is.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

^^ Okay in that case I really like this challange :lol: I'll see what I can come up with.

Sent mine as well. Not sure I'm completely okay with it :lol: but this was a fun challenge. :D

Back