Talk Law & Order Here

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: Yahoo! News

"Law & Order" TV show fails to find a new network

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – "Law & Order" creator Dick Wolf said on Friday that his TV crime drama had "moved into the history books" after failing to find a new network following its cancellation by NBC after 20 years on the air.

"I can confirm that it has moved into the history books," Wolf told TV writers at a conference in Los Angeles. Wolf had said earlier this year he hoped another network would continue to produce the series.

The crime drama series, whose audiences have halved since 2002, aired its last episode in May. But its multiple spin-offs are continuing with the latest, "Law & Order: Los Angeles", coming to U.S. television in September.

Wolf said he was "extremely disappointed" at the cancellation of "Law & Order", but that he was now focusing on the new show.

"That's business. That's life. Every show is born under a death sentence, they just don't tell you the date of execution.

"We are here to talk about the future. The past is the past. This is a new show," he said.

Actors Terrence Howard and Alfred Molina will star in "Law & Order: Los Angeles", which follows the model set by the original show, inspired by real news headlines, and showing their investigation and prosecution.

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

^^^
    "That's business. That's life. Every show is born under a death sentence, they just don't tell you the date of execution."

I love that quote. :D

Great to see Terrence Howard sign on. He's wonderful.
    The other names don't do much for me. I was hoping for Benjamin Bratt. :)
    AND, I'm still waiting to hear about any women on the show. I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but, seriously, producers, get a clue.

It's too bad the original L&O couldn't get one more year. Then it would have surpassed Gunsmoke as the longest running prime time drama. As it stands now they are tied at 20 seasons each.

ETA: Finally, some word on the women of L&O:LA: Regina Hall and Wanda de Jesus (formerly of CSI:Miami).
    http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/31/law-order-la-collars-wanda-de-jesus/

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  3. Destiny

Source: Deadline

Regina Hall & Wanda De Jesus Join 'Law & Order: LA'; Cast Locked In For Monday Start

NBC's new series Los & Order: Los Angeles has locked in its cast, with one day to spare. CSI: Miami alumna Wanda De Jesus and former Ally McBeal co-star regina Hall have landed the last regular roles on the crime procedural, which starts production on Monday.

De Jesus will play Lieutenant Arleen Gonzales, the cool and authoritative captain of the LAPD Robbery Homicide Division.

Hall will play DDA Eva Price, a gorgeous and brainy bombshell with a strong sense of moral rectitude.

The two join previously cast Skeet Ulrich, Alfred Molina, Terrence Howard, Corey Stoll. De Jesus, repped by Diverse Talent and manager Bob McGowan, appears on All My Children.

One of Hall’s first acting gigs was a guest spot on New York Undercover co-created by Dick Wolf. The actress, repped by ICM and Principato Young, went on to work mostly in features (Scary Movie, Death At A Funeral).

Molina and Howard will alternate as Deputy D.A.s, while Ulrich and Stoll play Detective Rex Winters and TJ Jaruszalski, respectively.

4. Anna P

Anna P Witness

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

6. Anna P

Anna P Witness

He's going to be in Jennifer Aniston's latest in two weeks.

How would anyone feel about the show possibly ending with (if they can get him back) Goren dying?

7. Destiny

Don't care for the idea of Goren dying. Only because Jerry Orbach's Character Briscoe died in real life as did his character on the show, and though it's many years later. I would rather they just let him either solve one last case and him and Eames (if they can get her too) walk out the door (like the are the last out of the squad for the night) shut out the lights, and Over.

8. Destiny

Source: Deadline.com

Megan Boone Joins 'Law & Order: Los Angeles'

EXCLUSIVE: Megan Boone has joined the cast of NBC's new drama series Law & Order: Law & Order as a regular. She will play a new DDA, tentatively named Lauren Gardner. Originally there was supposed to be one DDA on the series. But when the ADA duties were split in two after Alfred Molina and Terrence Howard signed on to play different ADAs each appearing in roughly half of the episodes, each of them needed his own assistant, thus the need for two DDAs on the show. Regina Hall was recently cast as DDA Eva Price, who assists Molina. Boone will be Howard's DDA. Also co-starring on the Wolf Films/UMS series are Skeet Ulrich, Corey Stoll and Wanda De Jesus. Boone, repped by Gersh and D/F, most recently played the lead on the CW pilot HMS.

9. Destiny

Source EW's Mega Buzz

I haven't heard anything about a Sam Waterston type for Law & Order: Los Angeles yet. Will there be a district attorney?

MICKEY: Yep, and we're hearing that Deputy District Attorney Dekker (Terrence Howard) is not a fan. Like most DAs in the Law & Order universe, LO:LA's will be very politically motivated, especially when it comes to the police, whose support he needs for re-election. Another fun LO:LA fact: Skeet Ulrich's character, Detective Winters, is married to a woman who was once his partner — and his mistress!

10. Destiny

Update on Ice-T's legal problem.

Yahoo! News: All cool for Ice-T in NYC unlicensed-driving case

NEW YORK – Ice-T came out on top in a brush with real-life law and order Tuesday when prosecutors dropped unlicensed driving charges against the rapper-turned-TV detective.

"That's what I'm talking about — dismissed!" he called out in a Manhattan courtroom after a judge did just that to the misdemeanor case, which had prompted some choice words about police from the "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" actor.

"Like I said from the gate, I never broke the law," Ice-T said as he left court with his wife, Coco, a model.

Ice-T, 52, was arrested after a traffic stop of his 2009 Cadillac on Manhattan's West Side on July 20; he and his wife were on the road after taking their bulldog, Spartacus, to a vet for knee surgery. Police said they pulled the entertainer over for not wearing a seatbelt — which he contests — and a routine check showed his license was suspended.

He said he had a valid New Jersey driver's license and took to Twitter to call the officer who arrested him a "punk," and a few considerably less polite things, for "arresting the Notorious Ice T for no seatbelt."

The actor has played Detective Fin Tutuola on "Law & Order: SVU" since 2000, but he hasn't always identified with police: His 1992 song "Cop Killer" drew protests from police groups, among others. He said the song was an attempt to shed light on police brutality but ultimately agreed to remove the track from his album "Body Count."

Prosecutors said Tuesday that New York Department of Motor Vehicles records wrongly reflected that his license was suspended because of a lack of insurance, when his car is in fact insured and registered in New Jersey.

Ice-T, born Tracy Marrow, registered and insured his three cars in New Jersey after moving there from New York in 2008 and turned in his New York license plates, said his lawyer, Eric Franz. He said the actor's business managers sent that information to the New York DMV shortly after his move.

But it was "not reflected in the Department of Motor Vehicles' computerized records," Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Jessica Barron told a judge.

DMV representatives didn't immediately return a telephone call.
    Ice-T said he had no clue his license had been marked as suspended.

"That's why I was so angry," he said. "It basically turned out to be a clerical error."

He took to Twitter again to let fans know the case was dismissed and thumb his nose at "all the haters that wished against me."

11. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I don't like Fin. I find it hard to understand what he's saying. I wish Jeffries or Lake had stayed.

I have question. Why is ADA Cabot in and out of SVU? I've seen enough SVU episodes, and she's my favorite ADA. I'm curious why she hadn't stayed permanently. Was it Stephanie March's choice?

12. Destiny

She was asked this question in an interview here is the question and the answer.

For the record: Why did you leave Law & Order?
    March:
    I want to be certain to emphasize that I have zero complaints about Law & Order. It was a fantastic work experience and I really miss the people quite a bit. But, you know, you get to a point where you feel like, as a character, you kind of said everything you can say. And then it becomes quite redundant. It was my first on-camera job after college. I got really lucky and I thought, I just have to do a couple of more things before I get too comfortable. Perhaps all I need is a long break.

Now she left in 03. and while off she guest starred on other shows, In 04 she did a sort of Documentary about food for the food network. In 2005 she married Food Network's Chef Bobby Flay. She did try her hand at another L&O show that was canceled called "Convictions" in I believe it was 2006 but after 13 eps it was canceled. Part of that show was to explain her reemergence (as we know she was shot, placed in witness protection, and brought back to testify, and replaced in witness protection) back into the world as Cabot. But from what I understand she also didn't want to be put into what she got away from, so she never ruled out guest appearances or short story arcs. Just wanting to keep her options open to broaden her career.

Hope that helps a little. :)

13. Destiny

^^^ Little on the long side so ....

Source: TvGuide

Teri Polo Cast in Law & Order: Los Angeles

Teri Polo has joined the cast of Law & Order: Los Angeles, an NBC rep tells TVGuide.com.

The 41-year-old Meet the Parents star — alongside the cat and Ben Stiller — has been cast in the recurring role of Casey Winters, wife of Det. Rex Winters (Skeet Ulrich). Casey is a former cop who has settled down to raise a family.

Terrence Howard, Corey Stoll and Alfred Molina also star.

Law & Order: LA, the fourth spin-off of the recently canceled flagship, will be executive-produced by Law & Order vets Dick Wolf, Rene Balcer and Peter Jankowski. Brotherhood's Blake Masters will also executive produce.

Polo can next be seen in the third Meet the Parents film, Little Fockers.

Law & Order: Los Angeles will debut Wednesday, Sept. 29 at 10/9c on NBC.

14. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Thanks Destiny! For me, Alex/Stephanie is an amazing character/actress. She could handle all the conflict, argument and situations given to her. I wish she'd stayed longer. I just watched 'Witness' yesterday and it looked like she'll be away quite permanently. I'm looking forward to her future appearance on SVU. Let's see if the new ADA will be as good as her.

15. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Mariska Hargitay Crosses Over to New Law & Order: Los Angeles

Yay! :D I'm planning to watch LOLA because nothing else good would be every Wednesday 9pm central. Now, looks like I have another reason to watch it! I hope the show is as good as SVU.

I'm just going to watch Criminal Minds premiere online since I will watch the two one-hour premiere episodes of SVU live because based on press release they are somehow connected.

"LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT"

"LOCUM/BULLSEYE"

09/22/2010 (09:00PM - 11:00PM) (Wednesday) :

DETECTIVES OLIVIA BENSON (MARISKA HARGITAY) AND ELIOT STABLER (CHRISTOPHER MELONI) HELP A FOSTER COUPLE (GUEST STARS JOAN CUSACK AND PETER STRAUSS) FIND THEIR MISSING CHILD A foster couple (Cusack and Strauss) call Detectives Benson (Hargitay) and Stabler (Meloni) to the scene of the crime when their ten-year-old adopted daughter disappears. It soon comes to light that she ran away to meet with a man named Erik Weber (guest star Henry Ian Cusick), whom she met on the internet and whom Benson and Stabler suspect of ulterior motives regarding the girl. Weber denies any wrongdoing, and also expresses romantic interest in Benson. However, as the investigation continues, the detectives realize that the girl's foster parents may be hiding something that could change the entire course of the case. Also starring: Ice-T (Detective Odafin Tutuola), Richard Belzer (Detective John Munch), Tamara Tunie (Dr. Melinda Warner), and B.D. Wong (Dr. George Huang).

DETECTIVES OLIVIA BENSON (MARISKA HARGITAY) AND ELIOT STABLER (CHRISTOPHER MELONI) ENLIST THE HELP OF A SUSPECT (GUEST STAR HENRY IAN CUSICK) FROM A PREVIOUS CASE TO CRACK A NEW ONE Detectives Benson (Hargitay) and Stabler (Meloni) are called to the hospital after a 10-year-old girl is raped. They arrive to find her so traumatized that she cannot even tell them her name. With the help of Detectives Odafin Tutuola (Ice-T) and John Munch (Richard Belzer), they are able to identify the young victim. But they soon realize that her home life is far from normal as Dr. George Huang (B.D. Wong) discovers that her mother suffers from a rare condition that renders her unable to recognize that the young girl is, in fact, her daughter. When the detectives find themselves without a lead, Erik Weber (guest star Henry Ian Cusick), a man they met on their previous case, decides to get involved. But he may be overstepping his bounds. Also starring: Tamara Tunie (Dr. Melinda Warner).

Read more: Listings - LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT on NBC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20100903nbc07/#ixzz0ygJd4EFX

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010