Talk Law & Order Here

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

A rookie cop catches a flasher suspected of rape, but there's uncertainty aobut the mans guilt. Sharon Stone guests again

2. Desertwind

WOW, this was creepy and weird. The wanna-be cop who lied about everything, but did catch the serial rapist. Sharon Stone was miffed off at him for compromising the case, but warmed up to him eventually and realized he only wanted to help. The end with the perverted dad watching videos of his own son rape these girls, disgusting:mad:

3. Desertwind

This episode was from last Wednesday, we finally got around to watching it last night, so my overview of this gripping episode~

A little boy Nicholas almost gets hit by a cabbie, and 3 other people were arguing~

ing and disputing who was right and who was wrong, meanwhile, as the boy is walking away, someone pulls him into a colorful van. All 3 give different theories of what happened. Olivia, Elliot and Ice-T are confused. Sharon Stone as Jo, with another guest spot was great in this one. THey find the B-day van and a clown who wasn't involved. They move on and find the van who did take the boy, and they find his backpack and books inside, but no boy~

They think the mom is involved, have video tape of her at his school earlier, giving him an "amulet" for good luck. The dad [Paul] comes raging into the station and shouting "where is the bitch", and they were never married. Her name is Sofi. He had total parental custody, because she wanted to take him to China and he said "NO". They talk to the mom and they both have totally different stories. They go to her apt. and find a 'pot of gold' in evidence. A passport for him and a one way ticket to China. All points to her having him kidnapped. A former Green Beret seems the possible perp. but they find him and realize he had nothing to do with this. He backed out when he realized, the dad had sole custody of Nicolas. Then get a call and find a car in the bay with the kidnapper and the boy..dead.. in the back seat:( Horrible for everyone. The mom Sofi, freaks out and goes psycotic, and think's he still alive. The morgue with him so sad. Dad burst in and screams at her, she goes "get away from my son", then pulls out a gun she absconded from a officer.. Olivia pulls her gun and Sofi starts shooting and Paul the dad ducks and she shoots Melinda, the coronor:eek: She starts threatning everyone and it's a horrfying scene. Olivia and Joe try to stop the bleeding and they get gauze to stop it form the cabinet. The dad again starts screaming and she goes "Don't talk that way in front of my son":confused: Meanwhile Elliot finds an air-conditioning duct and crawls up into above all of the, She hears it and shoots into the ceiling but misses. He then gets a call that it was the dad who arranged the kidnapping:wtf: He had hired some low-life wih a prison record to kidnap the boy. Olivia inserts a tube into Melinda with her wounded and bleeding but concious enought to gve her instructions, Stunning:wtf: Jo, starts talking to the mom about Nicolas to pretending he's still alive. She removes the amulet from around his neck and is sobbing.. Tell me about him", she does then she shares her sad story about her mascetomy and how her boyfriend left after wards "I died inside" she says, but you've got to move, on, I did, and came here" with Elliot listening.". The mom finds compassion and hands over her son, [who's she's beeen talking to, acting like he's still alive] and singing to him, she drops the gun and it's all over. Melinda is ok. GEEZ, this was stomach and heart wrenching, from the beginning to the end. I swear these finales are sucking the life out of me. This was a earth shattering episode. All cast members were awesome:bolian:

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

~ Epic? That isn't exactly the word I'd use.
    ~ I love when Mike and Connie are pissed off in stereo.
    ~ I'm watching these commercials and I'm realizing that one of the issues with watching so much TV is that I'm starting to recognize people in commercials from TV shows. I saw Will from Criminal Minds in one, and some guy that I know has been a guest star on some of my shows before.
    ~ 2,872, and the jury doesn't like it. And Mike and Connie both look at each other in a way that says "oh... crap."
    ~ Van Buren is not pleased.
    ~ I love that they get paid. To play crosswords.
    ~ Unless it's not a student. *thirty seconds later* Oh, look.
    ~ Jack is done with this debate.
    ~ I find it hilarious that in the final episode of Law and Order, there is no trial.
    ~ IF YOU END ON THIS, SHOW, I WILL KILL YOU.
    ~ Oh thank God. If they didn't add the "thank you" I was going to be even more upset that I already am.

5. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Watched the finale of Law and Order tonight, great episode. I am really going to miss the cast. Does anyone know who will be apart of the new Law and Order?

6. byline

byline CSI Level One

I wish they would keep this cast . . . but of course that's not going to happen. I also don't like the idea of yet another police show in L.A. Like we don't already have enough of those? New York City was always like another cast member for the mothership, and it's just not going to be the same anywhere else.

As you noted, great episode tonight, one of the best of a very good season. I wish it weren't the last one!

7. razet93

razet93 Victim

It's the Great drama. law and order drama is derived from the struggle between the person and the world that happens around and to them.Each [LINK REMOVED] is awesome............

SVU PIC

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2010
  8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: Armchair Casting Director: Law & Order: Los Angeles

Still mourning the cancellation of Law & Order?
    Good news: Based on the just-released character breakdowns, the upcoming Los Angeles-based spinoff bears all the hallmarks of the iconic mothership — right down to the interracial detective duo and the bombshell assistant prosecutor. The deets…

Detective Rex Winters: A handsome, rugged ex-Marine in his early 40s, Winters has the intuition of a natural cop. His experience during the Rodney King Riots — which occurred during his second month on the job — shaped his philosophy on policing. Basically, the world is chaos and people are either good or bad. He’s currently married to his ex-partner. Seeking a Caucasian, African-American, or Hispanic actor.
    Armchair Casting Director’s suggestion:
    Terrence Howard.

Detective Tomas “TJ” Jaruszalski: A mid-30s Hollywood native, TJ possesses a cynical view of the entertainment industry. He’s affable, smart, and confident. In contrast to his partner’s black-and-white view of things, TJ sees all shades of gray. He’s also a health nut with an active social life — which is typically code for major hottie. Seeking a Caucasian actor.
    Armchair Casting Director’s Suggestion: Scott Foley.

LT. Park: Captain of the LAPD Robbery Homicide Division, the fortysomething Park is a cool professional who keeps his/her private life private. He’s also a passionate advocate for his/her detectives. Seeking an Asian actor or actress.
    Armchair Casting Director’s Suggestion: Ken Leung.

ADA Peter Morales: An offspring of a political family, Morales — who is also in his 40s — is a “battlefield general” in the courtroom yet “coarsely sardonic and self-deprecating” in real-life. Seeking a Hispanic actor.
    Armchair Casting Director’s Suggestion: Carlos Bernard.

DDA Eva Price: This brainy and drop dead gorgeous assistant prosecutor doesn’t take crap from anyone. Seeking a Caucasian or African-American actress in her 20s.
    Armchair Casting Director’s Suggestion: Kristin Kreuk.

Keep in mind these are not absolute but arm chairing. Everything is subject to change, but fun to read. :D

9. LocardPrinciple

LocardPrinciple Hit and Run

I am glad the original has been cancelled, think it is about time.

Here's hoping that LOLA has a slightly different format and doesn't get old.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Isn't Scott Foley gonna be on that new CW series Nikita regularly? I think its him, but it might be the other guy from Felicity. But if it's Foley, he won't be able to do LOLA.

11. Destiny

RE: Scott Foley, I don't see in his IMDB Credits either show. But that above is arm chair so that is a best guess for that roll.
    Here is the cast list for the show Nikita you might recognize who your looking for. ;)

Okay SVU is possibly getting a new face?

EW: 'Law & Order: SVU' exclusive: 'Precious' star circling new ADA post

Law & Order: SVU is close to reaching a verdict on a new full-time assistant district attorney. Sources confirm to me exclusively that Precious actress Paula Patton is in advanced talks to succeed Sharon Stone as ADA.

Reps for NBC and Wolf Films declined to comment.

Last April, Stone joined SVU for a four-episode arc as ADA Jo Marlowe. She replaced SVU vet Stephanie March, who has since moved on.

In Precious, Patton played Ms. Rain, the alternative high school teacher who served as a mentor of sorts for Gabourey Sidibe’s title character. And she was awesome.

12. electra

electra Pathologist

I know I am WAY late but I just realized that LAW and Order was cancelled.IMO it was getting better and I liked the dynamic between Cutter and Connie.Lupo and Bernard were great too.And Jack and Van Buren always rock.It's a shame.

13. Destiny

My favs were Lennie (may Jerry RIP), Anita, Jack and Abbey

Yeah they canceled the orginial before it could reach the longest running. Which was totally unfair.

Now they will be starting the new if picked up. L&O Los Angeles.

According to TV.com the show summery is this.
    In the City of Angels the completely unscrupulous live among the rich and famous celebrities. It has been said that in Los Angeles, you can get away with murder if you have enough money and the right legal team. Dick Wolf guides us through the glitz, glamor, and gulit of L.A. from Hollywood to… More Beverly Hills with Los Angeles Robbery homicide division. These are their stories...

14. Destiny

'Law & Order: SVU' Leaves New Jersey Over Nixed Tax Credit & May Move Into 'L&O' Set

Law & Order: SVU has become the first victim of New Jersey’s pending suspension of its film and TV production tax credit.

The veteran NBC crime drama has been the highest profile TV series based in New Jersey. Its sets have been housed at NBC's Central Archives building in North Bergen. But faced with losing the state's 20% tax incentive, the show is headed to New York, which recently proposed boosting its incentive to $420 million annually.

In New York, L&O: SVU might move into the studio space at Chelsea Piers that has been occupied by the mothership Law & Order series. I hear Universal Media Studios, which co-produces the Law & Order franchise with Wolf Films, is looking into the viability of moving L&O:SVU into L&O’s old digs, which are vacant following the veteran series’ cancellation by NBC last month. Such a move would carry on a long tradition: Chelsea Piers has been so closely associated with the franchise through the mothership series, a road leading to Pier 62 was renamed Law & Order Way in 2004.

L&O:SVU’s exit from New Jersey is certain to have a major impact on the local filmmaking community as the show's crew members are expected to lose their jobs. There also will be a larger impact on the local economy.

L&O:SVU co-star Tamara Tunie and NBC Uni’s tax counsel Brian O’Leary were among those who testified in favor of keeping the New Jersey tax credit at a hearing earlier this month. According to estimates, nearly 7,000 New Jersey production workers earned more than $500 million in wages in 2008, the latest year available. More than 3,000 small businesses who supplied film and TV productions made a total of $508 million.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s budget reform package, which includes the scrapping of the tax credit, was approved by a state panel yesterday and is expected to pass a vote by both houses on Monday.

15. electra

electra Pathologist

Lennie was awesome.So funny without even trying.My all time favorite character was Jack .His wit,sarcasm and brains has always been the best part of the show.