Survivor? We Call It Camping ~ Canadian Thread #5

We don't lock the doors when we're home. Sometimes if I'm only running to the corner store or such, and I know I'll be back in 5 minutes, I don't bother. But it's locked when we're out, and overnight. Unless someone forgets, which has happened a few times :lol:

Question? Isn't poutine supposed to be made with a type of sauce that's technically not a gravy? At least that's what some "Poutine expert" said on the food network :lol:

i had a very strange encounter with a boarder agent yesterday, i have never had a rude one going into canada before! she wanted to talk to me as a grenadian resident instead of a canadian citizen for some reason. i told her i was just a student and was not a resident of grenada but she didnt seem to care. it was 1 am, i wasnt going to fight with her.

so, she asks me "what is the purpose of your trip to canada?" and im like: :wtf: i was unaware a canadian needed a reason to come into canada. then she asks me "when will you be leaving?" and again, this is me: :wtf: im pretty sure i can stay in canada as long as i want, i dont have to leave again if i dont want too...

:wtf: That is strange :lol: Yes, as far as I know, you're allowed to stay as long as you want :p

i seriously feel like an addict...

i took my dad into work today so i could have a car, and i thought "oh, i could go to timmies on the way home!" after four months its even better than i remember :lol:

and does anyone watch how i met your mother? they had some canadian references again on monday! but, i do want to pelt them with tim bits every time they do canadian accents :rolleyes:

allmaple glad to see you got your timmies fix out of the way. You seriously need to convince the University to build you a timmies. You could start a new trend in Grenada :)

Try some of your Canadian knowledge out with this little quiz Canada, by Category. I got 15/20 :)

i seriously feel like an addict...
i took my dad into work today so i could have a car, and i thought "oh, i could go to timmies on the way home!" after four months its even better than i remember :lol:

Huzzah for Timmies. I'm suprised we even have a Timmies here in this small town when they don't have a single one in the city an hour and a half way:lol::cool:

^ i was there twice yesterday :lol:

we went to detroit to see wicked, and since we had to leave at 7 in the morning i picked up timmies for breakfast before getting my friends. then on the way home it took us an hour to go 8 kilometers in windsor and then with the snow it was slow going. so we took a long time getting home and after dropping off my old roommate at her place we got timmies for dinner since we were still 2 hours away from home with the weather conditions and hungry :lol:

they were much nicer at the boarder yesterday. although, the agent in the lane next to us was searching every trunk, under the hood, and in the back seat! :eek: ive never seen that before.

I live about a 10 minute walking distance from Tim Hortons. :D We get it a lot because we can walk there and back, in the snow, in about 20 minutes.

:lol: Over the summer, they built a Timmies literally just around the corner from my house. It takes less than 2 minutes to walk there. But I don't go often, mostly because I'm not a big fan of hot drinks in general.

Merry Christmas to my fellow Canuks. I take it we're all having a White Christmas this year? :lol:

Back