Supernatural

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by draig_goch, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK, I'm just seeing some more links as I watch the old episodes...

I just watched "Home", and I felt a tingle when, just before the spirit of their mother saves them from the poltergeist in their house, she says, "I'm sorry" to Sam. I'm thinking this ties into how, in the season 2 finales, when she sees the demon in Sam's nursery, she recognizes him...

Man, I can't wait to see how all these little things pan out in the big picture. So many hints have been dropped- it's awesome! And it just goes to show that Kripke obviously has had a complete storyline in his head the whole time; he's not just making it up season to season. Very COOL! :)

2. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

Yes that's what I like, too. It's a bit like with the Harry Potter books, you get so many little pieces of information that you almost forget after having watched the episode, and then it becomes important again later. I also love how the past plays such an imporant role, how it affects the present, that made me think a lot about the past myself.

3. BabaOReilly

Hey, can anyone tell me the significance of the title "The Benders" for that crazy hillbilly episode? It has just occured to me that I have no idea why it's called that.

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ I'm thinking maybe they're last name was Bender? But I did find some interesting stuff on Google that they may have based it on. There was this case called 'The Bloody Benders' which was a family of serial killers in Kansas around the late 1800s. It might be where they got the idea, though the way they kill is different. The Bloody Benders owned an Inn where they would kill their victims and the daughter Kate was the brains behind it.

5. BabaOReilly

So, anybody see the commercial for next week's episode? It's up on the CW site. Man, looks intriguing.

6. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

Haha, I used to love how Sammy always got strangled all the time. The other day I was sorting out old papers that I had lying around, and I came across a list that I had started on... "Times Sammy Gets Strangled." :lol: I also miss how they don't climb as many fences as they used to... that was one of the ways my friend introduced me to the show. She said "It's got brotherly love, and daddy issues, and fence climbing! Who knew fence climbing could be so awesome?!" Then she showed me various fence climbing clips. Good times, good times. :D

I always wondered why it was called "The Benders" too, lol. I like the Bloody Benders idea, though. Sounds like it could be about right.

Also, ooooh! Episode promo! Oh show, I've missed you! <3

7. BabaOReilly

Oh yeah- I forgot to say thanks for The Benders info. I think you may be on to something there, speed

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ You're welcome. :)

Oh and I saw the 3 promp clips (the site's name escapes me at the moment) for Supernatural and I have to say, I am excited for this episode! Not only is it finally new (tired of seeing 'the brothers investigate a series of drownings' in my satellite preview) but there are 3 left after it! :D

So in one of the promo videos, Dean's dying and I have no idea why! Well, besides the obvious reason he would be dying (à la deal) but I think this is because of some spells these witches put on him. Although I didn't ready the synopsis and I should have. Anyway, dying!Dean makes for a good episode

quicky, You wouldn't happen to still have that list would you? :p

9. BabaOReilly

Super psyched for the episode. Can't wait!

Also, it's been so cold (but mostly clear and sunny until this past weekend), that I couldn't help but think this morning that the guys are probably lucky they aren't here filming right now. It's pretty cold for Vancouver, and since they're often out in the burbs, they'd probably also be getting snowed on at intervals! Brrrr. Definitely gotta be warmer in L.A. right now! :p

10. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

So excited that the new episode is just around the corner for everyone to see. :D
    Looks also like the last 3 episodes will be aired in february (7th, 14th and 21st).

Looks like we will be sorted till the 21st and then everyone has to rely on their DVD's I guess. :(

11. BabaOReilly

Shhhhhh... maybe if you don't say it out loud, it won't be true...

:lol:

I hope the strike is resolved by then and maybe we'll only have a very brief lag time. Here's hopin'!

12. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

last night episode fricken AWESOME. i loved the whole thing.
    especially deans interaction with ruby. i've come to the conclusion that i think i really like ruby, shes bad ass.
    what do you all think?

13. BabaOReilly

That was a good episode. Trippy storyline, but mostly we learned so much new info... There goes the "Ruby might be Lucifer" storyline too. Oh, and the fact that Ruby doesn't really know how to save Dean. I really liked the end conversation between Dean and Ruby. Good stuff.

I also loved the bit where she saved him- the "tastes like ass" and "shortbus" bits were hilarious! :lol:

14. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

I loved the episodes, but thought it was sick too esp. when the guy had his hamburg and turned into maggots. I became sick myself watching that scene and the writers sure have come up with some pretty gross scenes this season.

The book of shadows? That was the book from Charmed called :p

Did you know that episode name Malleus Maleficarum is the name of a book that first appeared in 1648 that became the notorious handbook for witch hunters. ;)

I absolute loved Dean's line "Why does the rabbit always get screwed in the deal? Poor little guy" :lol:

You never know and miracles do happen sometimes :p

15. BabaOReilly

^^^ You know I forgot about that. I was just going, "Oh... poor bunny!" to my roomate when Dean had his rabbit line. We both laughed. :)

Seriously though- how are they going to get Dean out this deal now? I'm getting stressed. This show better be back for a 4th season or I'm going to be CHEESED!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.