Supernatural

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by draig_goch, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

Oooh, those spoilers sound good! Especially Croatoan *flaps hands excitedly* And Playthings sounds like it's gonna be pretty funny... looking forward to it!

Hmm, I don't have any specific fics to mention off the top of my head, mostly due to the overwhelming amount of good ones that I've read... are you familiar with The SPN Newsletter community on LJ? That's where I fulfill all my fangirling needs. Plus, there's probably a gazillion Dean-centered LJ communities, as well, but the SPN newsletter kinda compiles everything and I love it. :D

I read an interview with Sera Gamble the other day, and she said "Happily, I'm working on some ideas now that can best be summed up as, "Sam Winchester gets laid." :lol: Maybe not the most earth-shattering spoiler, but I still found it pretty funny.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ Thanks! :) I'll be sure to check it out. And that's a pretty funny spoiler. Not a shock really; it was bound to happen sooner or later.

I read the spoilers and noticed there wasn't any mention of Jo... I hope this means that she's going to fade out of the picture? No offense to the actress, but I just don't like her character overly much.

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^^ :lol: Oh Sammy boy.

I noticed that too. And I still can't help thinking that Jo is Sam and Dean's sister. :lol: I mean, after what Ellen said, I'm starting to think it was an affair. :p ....However this is NOT a soap opera.

I don't really like the character either, but the actress does a wonderful job. I'm sure we'll be seeing her again though.

You know, I keep thinking we should have Supernatural fics here, but it would be pretty dead since there is only a small group of Supernatural fans here. I'll be sure to check that link you provided, quicky. ;)

*Ponders writing some SPN fics*

4. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

Yeah, the LiveJournal SPN community is freakin' huge... I was pretty overwhelmed by it at first, but once you figure out where everything is, it's a beautiful, beautiful thing. You can practically drown yourself in the thousands of awesome fics, and icons, and tons of other stuff.

I keep thinking the same thing, speed_c about Jo being Sam and Dean's sister... during that scene at the end of 'No Exit' I was like "ok, there are only two possible ways this can go down... either John caused her father's death, or he IS her father!" :lol: I even read a fanfic once that had the 'alternate' scenario. :lol:

I watched 'Provenance' last night... that's a pretty damn good episode! :D I must have replayed the part where Sam & Dean walk into crazy disco motel room about a dozen times....

*groovy music plays*
    Sam and Dean: Huh. *shrug*

That is such as classic moment. :lol:

5. BabaOReilly

^^^ Yeah, I didn't realize until I'd bought the DVD's that I'd never seen that episode before. That scene had me laughing my ass off too. :lol: I guess it just goes to show that they don't see much that shocks them anymore.

I too had a feeling there was more between Ellen and John than has been revealed thus far... and I was thinking that while John was possibly involved in the death of Jo's "father" or the man she thought was her father, that maybe John really is her father, and this story was the only way Ellen could get Jo to back off without revealing the truth. Although why she just couldn't tell her the truth, if that was the case, is beyond me. Maybe she worries that Jo would be in danger from the demon like Sam and Dean are, I guess.

Either way, I really hope she doesn't end up with Dean. As someone else said, the actress playing her is doing a great job- I just don't like the character! :p

It's weird, but I think I'm more psyched to find out what John said to Dean this week than I am for the new episode of CSI! :eek:

:lol:

6. Finch

:lol:

I'm really excited to find out what the 'secret' is. I get the feeling Dean is about to tell Sam when something happens. :rolleyes: ...Those writers love to play with us.

...I still want Dean to get posessed at some point in the series. :p

7. BabaOReilly

^^^ Interesting. Are you looking for some misbehavin'? ;)

Although theoretically, we have already seen "Bad Dean", when that weird shapeshifting dude took on Dean's form.

8. Finch

That's true, we had evil Dean-Shapeshifter, which I thought was really cool. :devil: If they went down that route again, I wouldn't mind. - And mainly because we know that with the Shapeshifter, it wasn't actually him. (Well, if it's a demon, it isn't him either)

I'm sorry but I just love Bad Dean. :lol: It makes for a very interesting episode.

9. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

I'd love to see an episode where Dean and Sam switch bodies. I think that'd be hillarious....maybe that's how Sera will acomplish that storyline because we all know what Dean's got on his mind...:lol:

10. BabaOReilly

Son of a...!!! :mad:

I can't believe they left it hanging like that! OK, yeah, I kinda knew they would, but still! Getting your arm set in a cast doesn't hurt any less because you know it's going to happen! :p

Seriously, was that the last new episode until January? :eek:

11. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

^
    ^
    My thoughts exactly. 'Cept I'd throw a few more expletives in there :p

I figured they were going to leave us hanging (they did it last year) but I was still hoping - with the 2 mins left in the ep - that they were going to tell us. But noooooooo. I think it would've been more effective if they told is what John said, then went on hiatus.

12. BabaOReilly

Yeah, that's whay I was thinking too- I was hoping they'd at least drop the bombshell and then leave us with that to ponder over the holidays. Bastards! :mad:

Oh well. Maybe they need this time to actually figure out what they want to have had John say! :lol:

13. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

If they're gonna leave us hanging for 3 weeks [right?], what John said better be damn good, like Sam's really a girl or something.

14. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

^
    :lol: But then Kripke would have broken the hearts of many a fangirl! :lol:

Seeing as he is immune to the demon's disease or whatever, I'm thinking the secret's gonna be something pretty good.

"You have a neighbor named Mr. Rogers?" :lol:

15. Finch

:lol: Oh Dean. That had me cracking up for about five minutes straight. :lol:

Best. Line. Ever.

As for the last few minutes of the episode? *pulls out hair in a dramatic fashion* I agree with everyone else, the secret better be good for us to have to wait three weeks. That's just mean. :p

I guess this is a good move seeing as they want ratings, but come on. :rolleyes: We've been waiting half a season to find out what the 'secret' is.

:lol: That would be quite a surprise.

Maybe the secret is Sam's really a demon teddy bear in human form.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.