Supernatural

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it wasn't one of the better ones, and the Exorcist references at the end were sort of predicatable, but still... Jensen Ackles looked hot as always, so I can overlook it! :D

I actually thought it was a great episode. It kind of had that 'CSI' feel to it in some parts of the episode. However, there was a bit lacking. First and foremost was the lack of music, and the lack of the car. (Which was explained but still, it wasn't there.) I thought it was an excellent idea to have Linda Blair on the episode, seeing as she was part of the 'scariest movie of all time', and as Baba said, the Exorcist reference was expected.

The one thing I had a problem with, was the fact that they were holding Dean and Sam without any evidence, apart from the fact that Dean was at the crime scene. I'm assuming he would have explained that he found her there, and that would account for the blood on his hands. (Checking for a pulse) However, crooked cops just really aggrevate me and it brought down the episode exponentially.

I loved how they had Linda's character part of the case, and that she was connected to the spirit. This way, it didn't feel as though they just plugged her into the episode just because she was in a scary movie. She had a purpose, which led to the discovery of what kind of spirit it was, and who was really doing the murders. Very clever. :)

There were many humorous parts, especially with Dean telling the complete truth very casually, and then the cops looking at him like he was crazy. :lol: Then there was his smart-alec remarks that never cease to make me laugh! Also, I thought they would have made more of a reference to the Shape shifter than they did. (Skin was my favorite episode. :D) All in all, I give the episode 7/10. It was great, but could have used some improving. - Especially music wise. What happened to our beloved Classic Rock? :confused:

I enjoyed the episode quite nicely, and I got to watch it on Thursday for the first time EVER! I watched it at my brother's house, so I got to enjoy Winchesters on a nice, big, beatiful TV instead of my crappy little TV that has less-than-perfect colour. But, what was even better was being able to feel the vibrations of those deep, sexy Winchester voices on the sound system... mmmm.... :p And, because of the nice sound system I actually enjoyed the music more than usual, even though it wasn't the classic rock. But I did miss the Impala! :(

Although it wasn't my favourite episode, I was still pretty entertained. I loved how at the same time Dean and Sam were doing the anagram of danashulps, and sort of finishing each other's sentences in a way, even though they were in different rooms. And then when they both called the lawyer "Matlock" within a very short time frame, it made me squee with delight. Oh Sam and Dean! :D *squee*

Something I kind of wondered about, though, was why they automatically assumed it was "Dana Shulps" being written... it was just written 'danashulps', right, so couldn't it have been "Dan Ashulps" or something? I mean, Sam spent all that time looking for Dana Shulps and came up empty handed, but what if he had simply been searching the wrong name? I mean, sure Tony whatever-his-name-was had a nightmare of a woman, but that doesn't mean that a Dan Ashulps couldn't have had something to do with it, or that Dan was short for Danielle or something...

So, ok, there were a few holes and whatnot, but in general, I enjoyed it. I quite liked the idea of it, and seeing what happens when Sam and Dean have to work separately was pretty neat. How awesome was the "their stories match perfectly" thing! :D And the cops really had another thing coming if they expected Sammy to sell Dean out like that. ;) Oh Winchesters!

ETA: Oh, and the highlight of the episode: when the lady cop asked Sam to help her move the big heavy shelf away from the window, and he just pushed it to the side like it weighed NOTHING! *is dead* And followed immediately by brick-smashing action. *swoon*

And one more fun thing: In "Skin", when Sam is checking his text messages, one of the messages on his phone says it was sent by "Jerry Wanek" and it says "Where are you?" -- Jerry Wanek is the show's production designer. Another fun little reference that they've thrown in there. :D I love it when they do that. :)

BabaOReilly said:
the Exorcist references at the end were sort of predicatable, but still... Jensen Ackles looked hot as always, so I can overlook it! :D
I'll second that, on both points :)
speed_cochrane said:
There were many humorous parts, especially with Dean telling the complete truth very casually, and then the cops looking at him like he was crazy. :lol: Then there was his smart-alec remarks that never cease to make me laugh!
I loved bored Dean making the noises with his mouth at the office :lol:

Man, these guys are lucky to meet the cops who'll just turn their back. Twice!

I loved how they had Linda's character part of the case, and that she was connected to the spirit. This way, it didn't feel as though they just plugged her into the episode just because she was in a scary movie. She had a purpose, which led to the discovery of what kind of spirit it was, and who was really doing the murders. Very clever.
Yeah, that was cool. I really didn't think it was her partener/boyfriend at all. Maybe I'm just used to it always being a vengeful (sp?) spirit.

Can't wait until next week's episode. I've read some sides for it awhile ago and the stuff with Dean looks awesome!

OMFG!!!!!!!!!

*dies*

Okay, so if the last episode itself wasn't good enough (what with all the Dean angstiness and demons and deals with the devil and such), they just HAD to throw in THE FLAMING "SOON" to finish me off!

I mean, really, whoa. This is gonna be an awesome episode/episodes (hopefully that was a promo for all of November sweeps, and not just one episode, because I don't think I could survive it if that was only for one episode). Metallicar gets an action scene! Plus, you know... everything else. Whoa. Big super whoa. Oh man. I mean... oh wow, so speechless. And Dean telling Sam The Secret! OMFG!

Yup, that's right, another squee-filled, deep-insight-lacking, post-episode post for me. Seriously, it takes a few days to recover before I can think of anything meaningful to say.

Yay for angsty!Dean!!!

Plus, oh man, Dean's THIRD (at least) Star Wars reference! (and that doens't even include when he was like "Awesome!" when Andy said "These aren't the droids you're looking for" in 'Simon Said')

Oh, and one last thing: Geez, now I don't know which is hotter: Sam reading Latin or Dean reading Latin! :lol:

:D :D :lol: I loved the episode you hear me loved it! Of course the "Soon" thing about had me jumping up and down. I can't wait to see some of those episodes. Finally we get to find out what "The Secret" is :eek:, and I can't wait personally.

915 said:
Finally we get to find out what "The Secret" is :eek:, and I can't wait personally.
I'm excited to hear what the secret is too, but for some reason I'm thinking maybe Kripke just did that to get everyone excited and is going to have Dean not tell him the truth or nothing at all. I dunno. I hope I'm wrong! :)
I can't wait for the new episodes!! :D

:eek: I can't wait for next week's episode. I really like how after the episode, they show a preview to next week's episode. Wahoo!

And I agree with ThisIsMe. I'm thinking Dean won't actually reveal to Sam/the audience what the secret is. Then Kripke will hear all the fans screaming from where he is. :lol:

It's amazing how quickly this show caught on. :eek:

I've enjoyed Supernatural from the start! It's a great show, that's one of the reasons I've watched it from the start that and the fact that I've loved Jensen Ackles ever since his Days of Our Lives Days!

OK, I just bought the season 1 DVD's and I must say I was relieved. After reading a few articles, I was beginning to think Jensen only had a sense of humour on the show, in character. Now, having seen the behind the scenes stuff, I'm quite pleased to say the guy is hilarious! And man, those two sound like they're really good buddies, and while I shouldn't pay attention to the actor's real lives when thinking about the show, somehow that still makes me enjoy the brotherly bond they have in character as well. Anyway, very happy with my new DVD's and can't wait for tonight's episode. :)

So, like I said, I read an interview with Eric Kripke that had a TON of good spoilers, nothing too incredibly major that I didn't already expect/hope for, but he did say that Dean would in fact tell Sam what The Secret was, and that he would do it mid-season (so that we definitely wouldn't have to go through the torture of not knowing until the finale). Oh Kripke <3

Sadly, no new episode this week. :( Oh well, I'll get over it somehow. ;)

I also have a couple of silly little things to point out from "Crossroad Blues" that I happened to notice.
-in the scene where Sam and Dean dig up the box from the crossroads, there's one little shot that's been flipped... for about 2 seconds Jared's freckle/mole by his nose is on the other side. Made me go "whaaaa...?"
-I watched this part over and over late at night, and it made me crack up every time: When Dean and Sam are talking to the painting guy who summoned the demon... right after the guy says "demon didn't leave," Sam/Jared changes his facial expression, which causes the wrinkles in his forehead to smoothen out... but it just happens to coincide with some squeaking noise that I think is from the painter-guy's chair or something, but it makes it look like Jared's forehead makes the noise. Like I said, this amused my sleep-deprived mind greatly. :D Oh Sammy. You and your squeaky forehead. :p

:lol: I didn't notice that...Of course I wasn't looking for his forehead to squeak. :p

I have a couple of spoilers about the show that I'll post here because well...This is the Supernatural thread and the spoiler is about Supernatural. Muaha. :p

10/04 - Exec producer Eric Kripke said that, and he's standing by his words. "John Winchester really is dead," Kripke insists. "But the show is called Supernatural, and characters can come back in all sorts of ways. In the short term, we want the boys to deal with their dad’s unexpected death, and all the drama and angst that comes out of that, so we won’t see John for a little while. But this isn’t the last we hear from him."

Do angels exist? Sam and Dean confront a twisted (and dead) priest, who believes he is one of God's soldiers. Sam fumes when Dean pulls rank and forces him to stay behind on a hunt which may result in human death.

Dean is surprised by Sam's lie to Ronald (a sort of conspiracy theorist). Desperate to prove what he saw, Ronald holds up the bank. Dean offers himself as a hostage to get the others, including Sam, out of harm's way.

Sam forces Dean to make a costly promise and then buries himself in alcohol - much to his big brother's amusement

We meet Ava Wilson, a young woman who has a dream about Sam Winchester being blown to bits from an explosion. Ava tracks down Sam to warn him that he's in danger. Sam realizes they are connected and have the psychic visions in common. Sam tells her they are part of something bigger than she can imagine and she gets hysterical, telling him she can't be, that he's wrong and she's going to live a normal life. He insists he needs her help and she agrees to stay and help. Dean learns from Ellen where Sam is and goes to find and help him.

After Sam has a vision of Dean killing a young man who seems to be possessed by a demon, the two brothers head off to Oregon to search for answers. They come across a town infected by a deadly virus that drives a person to kill. Sam becomes infected by one of the locals and prepares for his deadly fate, but after nothing happens to him, Dean decides to come clean and reveal what John whispered to him before he died.

All spoilers courtesy of Spoilerfix.com

..And my sister who found the spoiler site. :p

Oh, a new episode this week? Good stuff. I'm guessing that's probably the last new one we'll see until January though, right?

Oh well, I guess I'll just find solace in my Season 1 DVD's! :lol:

:D Yes finally a new episode and to make things better its the episode I was waiting for! I can't wait until Thursday so many of those episodes for January sound really good too! :)

Yeah, I think we finally get to hear what John said to Dean before he died... I'm psyched to hear what it was. I have a lot of theories as to what it's going to be, but... I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Hey, can anyone recommend any good Dean-centric Fanfic? I'm finding the pickin's are slim for good stuff. I've actually started writing my own, just to compensate! :lol: If anyone has any favourites they can suggest though, I'd be grateful. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back