Supernatural #4: STILL No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Shoot didn't get to see this ep, sat down to relax on the sofa till it came on (like 10-15 minutes) and the next thing I know I am waking up at 6 am.

So went to tv.com got the lines I liked.

Kevin Parks: Well, we can clean up, reset the window, takes about 95 minutes, basically, so we'd have to blow off the scene where they sit on the Impala and talk about their feelings.
    Robert Singer: Ha, right! You answer the hate mail.

Dean: They put freakin' makeup on us. Those bastards.

Dean: No, seriously, why? Why would anybody want to watch our lives?
    Sam: Well, I mean, according to the interview, not very many people do.

Sam: I'm just saying, we landed in some dimension where you're... Jensen Ackles and I'm something called a Jared Padalecki.
    Dean: So, what now, you're Polish?

Dean: Dear Castiel, who art maybe running his ass away from Heaven, we prey that you have your ears on. Breaker.. breaker.

Dean: Misha? Jensen? What's up with the names around here?

Sam: (seeing his counterpart's tanning bed) What am I, Dracula?
    Dean: George Hamilton Dracula.

Sam: (reading the episode script) Who wrote this? No one says "penultimate."
    Dean: Gun. Mouth. Now.

Dean: Maybe we can't get out of, you know, Earth Number Two right now. But the least we can get do is get the hell out of the Canadian part of it. I hear one more conversation about hockey, I'm going to puke.

Jim Michaels: This is Jim here, Sera, and it wasn't all the way to death. Only partway, so that's a plus.
    Kevin Parks: He could definitely still run.

Dean: No hell below us, above us only sky?
    Referencing the John Lennon song Imagine, in which Lennon dreams about a peaceful world.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I wouldn't say the episode was my favorite episode, but it had some funny moments. The show has been so angsty lately, I guess they thought we needed a break. There are still a few things I would have done differently in this episode, however.

For the clip from DOOL... I would have thought they would have used a scene of Eric and Sami so they could make a joke about how he had a sibling named Sami on there too. I was surprised they didn't go for that and used an Eric/Nicole scene instead.

Not sure how I feel about new Raphael though. Good actress and all, but original Raphael was kind of scary (in a good way). I didn't get that vibe with the new one.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Don't get me wrong, it was a little funny, but I kind of enjoy the dramatic episodes better. I wish they did it different, ie the idea I had in my head Sam and Dean being in "real" world and Jensen and Jared being Hunters :lol:

4. lal

lal Pathologist

i really like that line about the make up :lol: i have a question what happen to the baby from the first episode of season 6 ?

5. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

The episode was actually the second episode of season 6 entitled Two and a Half Men. Sam and Dean took the baby to their grandfather who wanted to raise the baby as a hunter. The baby's father showed up at the place where they met their grandfather and shifted into both Sam and Dean and ended up taking the baby and disappearing.

6. lal

lal Pathologist

Thanks very much :)

7. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, it would have been funnier to see J & J be stuck in the Winchester world.

Oh, the makeup line killed me. Both of them, but especially Dean's "I'm a painted whore".

For those who may not know this, when AU Misha tweeted "Hola Mishamingoes. J squared got me good. Starting to feel like one of the guys", real Misha tweeted the same thing at the same exact moment as it was on the tv LOL. That's the only time he did that though as far as I know hehe. I didn't see the real tweet, but people on one of the other message boards mentioned it.

8. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

9. GregNickRyanFan

He is such a goofball, I love it. Thanks for the links. :)

Your icon is awesome by the way.
    The icon makes me think of the upcoming Samuel Colt episode. I am looking forward to the episode for several reasons, but also to see the boys in Cowboy hats. :)

10. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

While I do like the serious side of the show, every now and then it's nice to have an ep that just makes me crack up! Last one that had such a level of humor was the one with the fairies. Wouldn't want this sort of thing every week, but boy was it fun!

11. GregNickRyanFan

I loved that in the Mannequin episode that one of the boys mentioned calling Dr. Robert. I wouldn't mind seeing him again. :)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  12. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I actually read Misha's tweets before the show aired and I was thinking, "What the hell is he talking about?" and then obviously I started cracking up when I finally watched it. :lol:

Being in Vancouver, I probably appreciated the show a little more than others, but either way, I thought it was a good laugh. :) Misha was awesome in this one!

Also, happy birthday to Jensen Ackles! :D

13. GregNickRyanFan

Happy 33rd Birthday to Jensen.

14. lal

lal Pathologist

Happy 33rd Birthday Jensen

15. lal

lal Pathologist

is it me or does anyone else think that Meg is just using Cass in the episode Caged Heart

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011