Supernatural #4: STILL No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Dec 11, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, Cas and Dean were not relating so well at the start of the season, so does this mean things will get better in terms of the two of them understanding the choices each has made?

That really makes it sound like they'll end up killing off Lisa and Ben.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: TvGuide

What's going to happen with Castiel (Misha Collins) and Raphael on Supernatural?

NATALIE: We'll let executive producer Eric Kripke lay it out for you: "The battle with Raphael and the war in heaven gets hotter and hotter. Castiel's really backed against a corner as he's just battling to stop the evil forces in heaven," Kripke says. "He's assembling as powerful an arsenal as he possibly can," Collins adds. "He's going to use all of those weapons to the best of his ability." One of those weapons is Castiel's lieutenant angel, Rachel, who viewers will soon meet.

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: EW

'SUPERNATURAL’: A TITANIC-SIZED TWIST
    Has the wait been long enough for you? Well, lucky for you, the first new episode of Supernatural in six weeks is all you’ve been waiting for — a little mythology, a lot of one-liners, and a heck of a twist.

In the April 15 episode, titled “My Heart Will Go On,” Sam and Dean find themselves in an altered reality where everything — from the not-Impala they drive (horror!) to the career of Celine Dion — is different as a result of the Titanic not sinking. But once Supernatural fans get a glimpse of how the ship’s safe arrival to the U.S. affects the world, you might find yourself wishing, like Balthazar (who’s behind the altered world), that the ship never sank. Particularly when you see the circumstances under which Ellen (Samantha Ferris) returns to the fold. If you, like me, bawled like a baby when she and Jo (Alona Tal) were killed off last season, you might shed more than a tear during this episode.

Also great? Many bromantic moments between Dean, Sam, and the “dirty-trenchcoat-wearing angel who’s in love” with them. Not my words.

5. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I for one do hope they have a 7th season and I hope they put all this Mythology episodes and the Angel and Devil storylines behind them and focus on what made this show what I grew to love, about Urban Legends and Monsters! But that episode surely sounds interesting.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I was kind of hoping that whole "Titantic" thing was metaphorical. Looks like this will be another half comical / half tear-jerker episode. But I'm excited for the Ellen/Bobby pics I saw. Can't wait to see those scenes.

7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

'Supernatural' The Musical Episode Possible?

Musical episodes seem to be popular right now. Following the successful musical episode on Grey's Anatomy, it is now being revealed that CW series Supernatural could also have a musical episode in its future if it returns for another season.

According to Digital Spy, executive producer of the series. Bob Singer, said the following: "From year one, there have been two things we've talked about. How do you do a musical, and how do you do a cartoon? We haven't found a way to do either one of those yet, but I'm sure it'll come up in conversation for next season - an animated show or a musical. Musicals are really risky ground, but we do talk about it."

Musical episodes are risky ground, this is no doubt true. Grey's Anatomy did manage to pull off their episode though. There were some awkward moments, but they didn't overwhelm the episode. Sara Ramirez performed well, and the cast supported her with strong back-up vocals.

Would fans even want to see Supernatural go musical? The series has done a lot over its six year run, and the fans still stand by the series. They would probably do the same if Sam and Dean were to break out into song. The results could be amusing in any case. Can Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki even carry a tune? Watch another all-new episode of the CW series this week.

http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979240994

:shifty:

8. BabaOReilly

I say NO!

This is not the kind of show where I'd want to see the characters burst into song. I loved the Buffy ep, but I really think it would be ridiculous for Supernatural.

9. brglcanan24

brglcanan24 Civilian

*SPAM*

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2011
  10. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

The CW Network has given early pickups to five of its established series for next season, including an All-Star Cycle of AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL and the network’s top-rated drama THE VAMPIRE DIARIES. All five shows will return in Fall 2011.

With AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL ordered for both cycles next season, The CW’s signature reality series will kick-off the Fall with its first-ever All-Star Edition, featuring the models who became breakout characters and who had the most memorable stories from past cycles. Additional details about the cast, judges and prizes for the All-Star cycle of TOP MODEL will be announced at a later time.

The CW’s bloodily addictive hit THE VAMPIRE DIARIES was also given an early renewal, and in its sophomore season, remains the network’s most-watched show (4.0 million viewers) and the network’s number-one show among its target audience of women 18-34 (2.9/9).

Also given early pickups for next season are The CW’s scandalous guilty pleasures GOSSIP GIRL, the network’s second most popular series with women 18-34 (2.8/7), and 90210, which posts some of TV’s largest percent increases from DVR playback, more than doubling its women 18-34 live ratings once live+7 data is included.

The network also renewed fan favorite SUPERNATURAL, which enters its seventh season next year. In moving to Fridays last September, SUPERNATURAL immediately helped make The CW more competitive on the night and dramatically contributed to year-to-year gains on Friday of 66% in adults 18-34 and 60% in viewers.

http://blog.cwtv.com/2011/04/26/the...ups-for-five-series-for-the-2011-2012-season/

11. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

So excited about season 7! :D

The Castiel ep looks really good this week. I hate how he's lying to the boys.

12. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Yeah I can't wait for the Castiel episode either! Totally didn't see that coming, was a huge shock :eek:

* Edit *

I watched the episode and I have to say that it was a huge, huge letdown for me! First of all, the flashbacks were really confusing! Second it dragged on, it nearly put me asleep! Let's all hope that the next episodes are a lot better and flow better than this one, this had to be one of my least favorite episodes of this season.

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  13. BabaOReilly

Wow, cool episode! I felt so bad for Dean when he realized Castiel was lying to him (the Superman/kryptonite moment). It just felt like one of his brothers let him down again- like Sam before he got his soul back. Very intense ep and I totally loved it.

Side note- I totally know the guy who played the Demon that was on freeze frame after he attacked Dean! He's a close, close friend of one of my best friends and we've hung out a few times. He also fought Tom Weller last week on Smallville (in a loincloth, no less. This guy is FIT! :p ) I haven't seen him in a while but I'm totally going to ask him what they were all like since all the regulars were in that scene. :)

14. BabaOReilly

Wow, where is everybody? You guys still watching? ;)

15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I'm here! :D I was going to post my thoughts a few days ago, but couldn't properly articulate with all my excitement. :lol:

I thought the episode was really well-done and it was about time Castiel had an episode to himself this season. The episode set up the finale pretty well and I'm interested to see where that leaves Cas--dead, human, evil, or even more powerful. It's great to see this archetype of a character have all of these conflicts, and that they're coming to a head.

That being said, I loved the little jabs at Smallville (it seemed obvious to me anyway, as it's their last season), which happened to bust Cas. :lol: Smooth.

It'll be interesting to see where this leaves Dean by the season's end as well; his relationships this season have been changing and leaving him in a bit of an uncomfortable spot.