Supernatural #4: STILL No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Dec 11, 2009.

1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah, I did that with SGU this week too- Anna the angel is on SGU right now and may be a continuing castmember actually.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

OMG! I just read that Dean is gonna be bitten and turned into a vampire in the Twihard episode. And Gramps knows how to cure him, but will need the blood of the Dean's vamp-sire. Oh Lord! I don't even know what to think about this. It could go either way, but no matter what, it should be a fun ride. :)

3. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

No! *must not look at spoilers* XD

4. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Do you guys think that they're going to jump right back to where they were? Please :rolleyes: It's got to be hard for Dean knowing that Sam was released from hell and it's obvious that God had no hand in doing it this go around, so he's a bit iffy about his brother who's still got demon blood running through his veins being released from hell, for all we know Dean could think he's still possessed by Lucifer. I'm sorry but views that do not look outside of the box irate me :rolleyes: I'm sure they will be back to normal or close to normal before the season is over, to be honest it's good to have something different. If Sam and Dean were always close, the show would have gotten boring really quick.

Smoke on the Water was the highlight of tonight's show for me! Just the greatest guitar riff of all time :lol:

I liked this episode a lot more than the last :lol: Bobby John and the whole part of Dean and Sam at the store cracked me up.

I didn't trust Samuel from the beginning. I have a theory that he's collecting the monsters for some big time demon and selling them, first thought that came to mind was Crowley ... he was a little too friendly last season so I think it's about time they turn him.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  5. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

No I know they can't be like they were in Seasons 1 or 2 but I would like for them to get back to being BROTHERS. It's like one of them is always hiding something from the other now. I just wish they would show us them trying to work on their relationship and not being at odds with one another.

Tonight's episode was fun. I liked it more than last week. Everything with Dean, Sam, and the baby (Bobby John!) was hilarious. The grocery shopping scene and Dean picking him up and examining him in the air :lol:
    "Everyone's looking at us like we're child abusers!" :guffaw:

I read on another message board though that I thought was a good point. When Sam says how good Dean is with the baby Dean related it to being a father figure to Ben. But even at 5 years old Dean had to take care of baby!Sam. He may not have done much then, but I think most of his paternal feelings come from taking care of Sam at such a young age. I thought Dean would have said "Yeah, well I used to do the same for you" or something like that. But the question in that scene was really how Dean was becoming like John - the last thing he wanted.

I really like Lisa for doing what she did and I hope we'll see her and Ben soon. The end with the Metallicar and "Smoke on the Water" was awesome :thumbsup: She always gets a good music intro. It was so sad seeing her covered up with a tarp in the garage. :(

So now that we know for sure that the Campbell's are definitely up to no good- they had to go and kill the cutest one!
    So bets on who Samuel was talking to on the phone? A demon? Crowley? A new big bad?

Can't wait to see Cas next week! Missed him and I've been wondering what he's been up to in Heaven. Wonder what he thinks about Samuel.

6. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

I think it's probably going to take them time to get as close to how they were before everything happened and I understand why Dean's not as trusting at the moment of Sam and even Samuel and his cousins because of everything that's happened and the last time he saw Samuel he had been taken over by a demon and was then killed. Though with his cousins he's never met them before.

It's good to see Corin Nemec again, I've missed him since Stargate and I've not really seen him in anything else. So yeah it's good to see him again, I quite like Christian though, aside from the fact that it's Corin.

I've just not long ago watched the second episode and loved it, especially the scene's with Dean. It's good to see that side of Dean.

7. BabaOReilly

OK, good ep! I'm enjoying the angst and I know there are a lot of fans on here who don't like the Lisa storyline but... I'm sorry- she's easily the coolest girlfriend ever. She's been very realistic (and reasonable) from the get-go. Awesome.

Bummed to see David Paetkau get killed... but he has Flashpoint to fall back on after all and he's a headliner on there. ;) Hopefully they will either make the female cousin likable VERY SOON or kill her off because I don't like her at all. She's unamusingly snarky. I'm guessing Corin Nemec will be sticking around because he gets the most face time aside from the grandpa.

As cheesey as that whole ending with the Impala was... I totally loved it! That was obviously a moment for us fans- I thank you writers! :D Although it's funny- everytime I hear Smoke on the Water, I remember a friend's version: Smokin' Walter, the fire engine guy! Hah. :lol: Dumb, I know but it has been stuck in my head for years.

Anyway, looks like we may be facing the titans this year- the original monsters of old. COOL! :)

8. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

I hope Christian stays awhile longer cause I like him and although at first it was weird seeing Corin playing that character in the sense that I'm used to seeing him as Jonas Quinn from Stargate because as far as I know Stargate is the only other show I've seen him in. But I'm liking him a lot in Supernatural and I think he's doing a good job, and I think he's doing a good job playing a hunter.

As for the female cousin....can't remember her name, it'll come back later probably, I'm not so sure whether I like her or not, I dunno, I guess I'll have to continue watching before I can make my mind up on her.

Looking forward to the return of Castiel and Crowley as well, I love Mark Sheppard and as he's not in Warehouse 13 anymore I'm hoping we'll get to see him a bit more in Supernatural. I think Crowley's one of the only demons I actually like as much as say Dean or Cas.

But yeah I'm liking S6 so far.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I definitely don't expect the boys to slide back into the same routine from past seasons because they've changed/grown as people. It makes perfect sense to me with all that they've gone through that the way they relate to each other would change. I just miss the whole "bitch/jerk" thing. :lol: Mixing it up is fun too though... like how something Dean said last season about Sam and the demon blood, he said kind of sarcastically to which Sam sarcastically replied something like, "thanks for that, I appreciate it" LOL.

I loved that in spite of the fact that Dean was going to say yes, Sam still had faith/trust in him to do the right thing. The fact that they'd been going on the rest of the season having trust issues with each other made that moment [when Sam told Dean that he believed he'd do the right thing] so much more heartwarming. :adore: I loved this moment so much that I want to frame it and hang it on the wall. :lol:

Does anyone think it's possible that Gramps (or who/whatever he really is) but some kind of whammy on Sam? I mean, could that be the real (or deeper) reason behind Sam waiting so long to tell his brother he's back? I mean, I understand if he wanted to wait a few months to make sure that Lucifer wasn't inside him, so as to keep his brother (as well as Ben and Lisa) safe, but I just can't shake this feeling that something else is going on with the whole waiting to tell Dean issue. I don't know... I could be way off base, but it's just a thought I've had for a while now especially when coupled with the whole spoiler that said
    "nothing is what is seems".
    . I dunno what's going on yet. One thing is for sure, this is definitely a season that is going to be filled with tons of mystery and intrigue. :)

Ooh, I kind of like the Crowley angle, actually. But, at the same time, I kind of want Crowley to be semi-good too. Kind of like Spike (when he had the chip). Aack! Why does this show make me feel so torn about characters lol. I felt the same about Ruby... although I enjoy Crowley as a character more than I ever did Ruby, but I did kind of want Ruby to be on their side ... and was a little sad that she betrayed them... not necessarily surprised, because she was a demon, so I half expected it... but was a little sad all the same. So, in a way because of the Ruby thing, I kind of want Crowley to be on their side, but I'm half expecting him to be one of the main villians this season. But, we'll see. :)

If he's collecting monsters for Crowley rather than collecting them to make a supercreature (ala Adam on Buffy - like I originally feared), that could be kind of interesting. I dunno... I just can't help but be really suspicious... either its the real Samuel with misguided intentions, or its something posing as Samuel, who has evil intentions.

Gwen is her name, I think. :)

I second all the thoughts about Corin Nemec. I've been a fan of his ever since I first saw him in a tv movie (based on a true story) called "I Know My First Name Is Steven".

What was it Dean said about Sam's car when the noise went off cause Dean didn't have his seatbelt on? Something like "a car should drive, not be a little bitch". :guffaw:

LOL, when I first read this I thought you meant Titans as in Gods/Goddesses. I watched "Clash Of The Titans" (the one with Harry Hamlin) not too long ago, so that's why my mind immediately went there.

ETA: I just thought of a new theory about who it could have been that Gramps was talking to on the phone in this episode. I'm gonna put it in spoiler code cause its kind of connected to next week's episode sort of... or well a guest character in next week's episode:
    Remember how the spoilers said this new angel character Balthazar was "going to be doing things we've never seen an angel do before"? What if he's the one getting Samuel to capture these creatures? I guess in the same instance it could possible be Raphael too, but I don't like that theory much. It might be interesting if it was Balthazar.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  10. BabaOReilly

Actually, in a way I did mean the titans that way... just in this mythology and not the Greek version. Basically, I'm thinking all the original monsters- like the "first" shapeshifter, etc.- coming back would be pretty cool. And thinking back to that last Horseman last season who said he'd been around a long time before Lucifer... Well, that makes for opportunities. The kind of opportunities that make you see how the writers could possibly "follow the apocalypse".

Keep in mind I don't read spoilers so I may be hypothesizing on stuff half of you already know is not in the cards. Still, I think it would be a cool route for the writers to take, and it could stretch into a couple more seasons if they wanted it to. I'm just sayin'... ;)

11. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

So as this next episode approaches, I don't know if I want to watch ... I used to like Castiel but at the end of season 5 what I did like about Castiel just disappeared, I don't know why because I generally do love Misha.

I guess that it's that I want Supernatural, two brothers out on the road facing monsters ... and that's not what I've gotten. I liked it better when the show revolved around Sam and Dean and Sam and Dean only, the occasional guest stars in episodes is fine, but to me there should only be 3 recurring characters on Supernatural.
    Sam
    Dean
    Impala (not necessarily in that order) lol

Don't get me wrong I know that not every fan can be happy and I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't like the way the show is going at this point. I do not want what Sera Gamble wants to turn the show into to be honest, it's slowly but surely feeling like One Tree Hill with monsters :shifty: Do Not Want! It's been years since I've preferred watching Smallville over Supernatural, but the last two episodes of Smallville have done more for me than Supernatural. I don't know if it's the fact that I don't like the way they've written it or the fact that maybe they're purposely making Smallville better since it's season 10 and their last season and all :lol:

Part of me is kind of tired of the whole apocalypse storyline dragging into what is supposed to be about monsters, the one thing that made Supernatural one of my favorite shows. I might be the only person who thinks that the recurring guest stars slow the show down, then again I might not. It's only my opinion ;)

12. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

[​IMG] :p

Question: The synopsis for the Oct. 29 episode of Supernatural says that one of the boys faces a truth about himself that sends the other brother reeling. Any insight on which brother is “facing a truth” and which brother is sent “reeling”? —Kat

Ausiello: Sam is facing the truth; Dean is reeling.

13. BabaOReilly

I can't believe I'm going to say this but... this episode was just so-so. Truthfully, it may be because in my mind, the angel storyline reached the end last year. Either way, I didn't enjoy taking the focus off Sam and Dean so much to watch the angel show again. While I obviously don't mind the occasional angel appearance ( I love Misha, of course) and I will concede it's sort of good to know where "heaven" stands after the apocalypse is prevented, I would rather keep the focus on the boys and where they're headed now.

14. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Hey everyone, if you want a good laugh, check out Supernatural's imdb page. I thought I was seeing things but apparently it reads like this:

Jared Padalecki - Sam Winchester 126 Episodes, 2005-2010
    Jensen Ackles - Dean Winchester 126 Episodes, 2005-2010
    '67 Impala - Herself 125 Episodes, 2005-2010 :guffaw:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460681/

This is a very spoiler filled article, click at your own risk: here

I too liked the episode ... but mainly for the parts featuring Dean and Sam and their pointless fight about the cars :lol: The episode was interesting, but I too think that the whole angel thing is slowing the episodes down, but the fact that Castiel isn't listed in any of the cast for any of the other episodes this month I have faith that they're not going to over do it with the Angel stuff.

6x08
    Jared Padalecki ... Sam Winchester
    Jensen Ackles ... Dean Winchester
    '67 Impala ... Herself
    Gavin Buhr ... Spot the dog
    Fraser Corbett ... Sparky
    Taras Kostyuk ... Spike the man
    James Ralph ... Cujo

So this has something to do with either dogs or werewolves? lol

"Weekend at Bobby's" (October 15)

"After Bobby discovers Crowley has no intentions of returning Bobby's soul, the hunter takes matters into his own hands. He calls on Sam and Dean for help after he unearths one of Crowley's deepest secrets. Meanwhile, Sam and Dean learn what Bobby does all day when they are not around."

"Live Free or Twi-Hard" (October 22)

"After a group of young girls go missing, Sam and Dean realize that a group of vampires have taken up residence in the small town. After a fight with two of the blood-suckers, Dean is bitten and turns into a vampire. Samuel tells Dean he can change him back but he'd have to get the blood of the vampire who turned him. Dean infiltrates the nest and runs into the Alpha."

* The Cast for the Episode *

6x05
    Jared Padalecki ... Sam Winchester
    Jensen Ackles ... Dean Winchester
    Mitch Pileggi ... Samuel Campbell
    Elise Gatien ... Kirsten * lol * I know they can't name the character Bella Swan ... but you know they had to have Kristen Stewart in mind there :p *
    Gregory Fawcett ... Kristen's Father
    Chad Cole ... Driver
    '67 Impala ... Herself
    Cindy Sampson ... Lisa braeden

"You Can't Handle the Truth" (October 29)

"Sam and Dean investigate a series of suicides and discover the victims were being told brutal truths that drove them crazy. They find out someone is invoking the Goddess of Truth, Veritas, forcing people to be cruelly honest against their will and Dean is the next victim. Dean is forced to tell Sam the truth about how he feels about his return from Hell." oh boy...

I just rewatched the episode and just realized that they forgot something very crucial to Dean's character. During the dream sequence, Castiel's hand print on his shoulder is no there. Do you think they were so stupid to forget to leave that out or is it because it's a dream sequence? Still that's a very dumb thing to leave out to be honest.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  15. RShackleford

RShackleford Victim

This show is great. I love the story lines, and the great acting. This is definitely my favorite show!