Supernatural #4: STILL No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Dec 11, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh the opening using other shows' theme songs... hehe I saw one with the Buffy theme, Friends theme, Angel theme song, etc. And this one is just awesome. I think it's supposed to be like the "Chuck" opening, but I don't know for sure cause I don't watch that show. :lol:

I kind of like this one. I don't really know the song, but its not bad. Or this one.
    this one is good too. :) Here's the Zombie remake. A lot of the fan made opening used Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son. I love that song. :D

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I guess you need to be in Vancouver to realize why all the shows are going on hiatus after this week... 2010 Olympics! Opening ceremonies Friday night. :)

I wonder if the boys will be attending any of the events? If they're still up here, they'd be crazy not to, methinks.

Anyway, there are a lot of limitations as to what you're allowed to do over the next month (paralympics follow), including stoppage of construction, etc., so I wouldn't be surprised if they are limited to the studio for filming- that could be problematic to a travelling type show like this...

3. Mad_Maxine

Mad_Maxine Dead on Arrival

just now found the supernatural thread, i used to be a really big fan of the show, but i feel like the whole angel and demon thing is not what got me to love the show. i liked the urban legends and classic spirits and ghosts etc now i've lost my interest in it.

4. BabaOReilly

Truthfully, I love that stuff too... but last year with the angel/demon stuff was just amazing! I was dying for the next episode after every one I watched. This year has been pretty decent, but not as good as last season, unfortunately.

I am starting to worry that, with this impending renewal/season 6 stuff, we're not going to have the apocalypse stuff wrapped up this year as originally promised- things seem to be dragging along a lot more slowly this season... and if that's the case, I won't be impressed. I think in the end, I'd rather it end after 5, as planned. I wish the networks wouldn't ruin a good thing, but that's business, I guess.

5. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Well, the same for me. I still love the first 3 seasons, and I never get tired of watching re-runs. Season 4 is ok. Season 5 is erhm not good at all. I hate that they will drag it on even more, as there will be a season 6 apparently. Don't get me wrong. I still like the show, and I know Supernatural is quite successful. But I hate that people never know when to stop. I don't want Supernatural to be another one of these tv shows that did exist way too long, which made many fans stop watching it. Look at ER and the X-files for example. I can mention many more shows, but I hope you understand what I mean anyway.

6. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I won't mind a Sixth season if they go back to the Urban Legends etc. I would also loved to see another episode featuring Bloody Mary, maybe to learn why Dean's eyes bled :p I know I ask for stupid shows :lol:

But I understand about shows dragging on ... :scream: Smallville! I seriously don't need to sit through another season of that! That show is so watered down now it's not even funny ... and yet I still watch. Just end it with Clark getting the ability to fly!

7. BabaOReilly

I keep watching Smallville because about every other episode, Justin Hartley (The Green Arrow) goes shirtless! :lol: Yes, I am a dirty old woman. :D

The only thing with season 6 going back to the old style stories... I guess that would feel like a bit of a regression after a 5 season stort arc. I really do like the arc, and I like how they've integrated the one-off episodes within that. They'd have to start another big story arc, in my opinion, but I'm not sure what could follow up the apocalypse! :lol:

8. GregNickRyanFan

Well, if Lucifer is defeated permanently, then there will always be some new big bad wanting to take his place... so they could go with that. :lol:

I was watching a repeat of Paranormal State last night and they were at this Haunted Prison and some woman said the reason the spirits stayed there is that God doesn't want them and the Devil would be afraid to give up his throne. It made me chuckle cause I just thought of Supernatural's Lucifer and how he's not really on a throne yet cause he's been chained up and all and now needs Sam to be able to fully rule again. :lol:

I swear, I can't watch anything without thinking about Supernatural in some fashion. I'm obsessed big time. :lol:

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

:guffaw: That's the reason I still watch it :thumbsup: I would watch anything just to see Justin Hartley shirtless :shifty: erm yeah ...

Really looking for the episode tonight, but a part of me doesn't want to watch due to the hiatus :scream:

10. GregNickRyanFan

That's what I did with Abandon All Hope (before the last hiatus). Well, I was out of town that weekend and couldn't watch it where I was, but I think I waited over a week to eventually watch it so the two month wait wouldn't seem as long. :lol:

11. GregNickRyanFan

Gross! Okay that's just disgusting. Did we have to see her pull the piece of him out of her mouth? I'd rather see Walter puking on the vomit-comet again. :lol:

Who is that girl talking to Sam? She looks familiar.

Dean's not into "bars full of lonely women" on Val day? What's wrong with him?

At least the second couple didn't eat each other.

"Be my Valentine?" :lol: at the look Sam gave him.

:lol: at Dean and Cas still talking to each other on the phone when they're right in front of each other. :lol:

D: you mean the little flying fat kid in a diaper?
    C: He's not incontinent. :guffaw: :guffaw: Oh Cas, you're a comedian and you don't even know it! :lol:

Now Dean isn't hungry? Seriously, what gives?

:lol: at the brothers' surprised looks when Cas is about to eat the burger.

:lol: if I hadn't seen the clip I would have thought Cupid was attacking Dean.

:lol: at Dean's face when Cupid hugged Cas. He made like a "ew, poor Cas" face. :lol:

Cas: This is their handshake.
    Dean: I don't like it.
    Cas: No one likes it. :guffaw:

Cupid's crying? Cherubs can emote!

Cas trying to find the words to comfort Cupid. haha.

Sam: You punched a Cupid.
    Dean: I punched a d*ck.

Okay seriously, what the heck is up with Dean?

Wait... I thought when Raph blew Cas up it destroyed Jimmy and sent his soul to Heaven and someone (most likely God) just remade a lookalike body? How could what foods Jimmy liked possibly affect Cas? :confused:

Gross now we have to watch people stuff their faces? I can't even watch those parts of the "dog eat dog" ep of CSI.

Why is famine a guy who looks over 100?

Why isn't Dean craving anything?

Haha Cas just pushes the armoire like its nothing.

Cas: These make me so happy.
    Dean: How many is that?
    Cas: Lost count. In the low hundreds. :lol:

Dean to Cas: Hey, Happy Meal!

Dean: This is taking too long!

Ew! Cas was eating raw burger!

I'm sorry but Jimmy or no, shouldn't an angel be immune to famine? And even Sam due to the demon blood?

Famine: You sicked your dog on me. I just threw him a bone.

Famine: You're not hungry because inside you're already dead. :(

No more Cupid appearances? I feel jipped. :lol:

Wait... did they defeat Famine or not?

They locked Sam up in the panic room again? Dean's expression having to listen to his baby brother cry out like that just killed me. :(

You need help, Dean? Heaven's already given you one angel. I seriously doubt they'll give you another one. But Dean broke my heart there. He always breaks my heart when he gets all teary.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  12. BabaOReilly

Awwwww... Poor Dean. How much more can the poor guy take, seriously. He got me all choked up there!

I really think they're positioning him so that in the end, he's really at risk for letting Michael take him over. Poor guy. He needs a hug! :lol:

13. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Anything but a hug from Cupid, right :guffaw:

-----

You know the blood at the beginning is starting to make sense now. With the bloodlines information from the last episode ... and I guess Sam and the demon blood :rolleyes:

Really poor flashback, showing that they've dealt with a horseman before and you think it's not going to be hard figuring out that's what they're dealing with here ... smart!

:wtf: Seriously! The beginning was disgusting yuck ...

"I'm still wondering how she did it, well didn't do it" :lol:

"Unattached drifter's Christmas," :lol: "so you're not into bars full of lonely women," uhh uh Dean's not himself

Wow at the lady coming to her boyfriend's job :shifty: and the crazy thing is that there are probably people like that in the world ... but my thought when she opened fire on the other guy "who's the one who's whipped now" :rolleyes:

Agent Marley :lol:

"Hey, Be My Valentine," :lol: sadly ... that reminded me of My Bloody Valentine :shifty:

"I'm there now," "yeah I get that" "I'm gonna hang up now" "right" :guffaw:

"you mean the little fat kid in diapers?" "they're not incontinent" :lol: Only Cas!

"I mean a cupid has gone rouge and we need to stop him before he kills again," "naturally," "course we do," :guffaw: for some reason that part cracked me up

"Dean, you're not gonna finish that" :lol:

:guffaw: Cupid!

"this is their handshake" "I don't like it," "no one likes it" :lol:

"that's a good idea, give him help cas," :lol:

"I love love, I love it and if that's wrong I don't wanna be right" :shifty: :lol: that was pretty erm lol

I was sort of confused about Cupid however. He still had nothing to do with the people dying? Or when Famine was around, did he just make these people who were branded by him so hungry for whatever it was that they urged so strong that they killed each other? For a second I was like, wait, the heaven's are killing people to make a horseman stronger :lol: but I know that's not the case.

:lol: Dean punching Cupid, reminded me of him punching Cas :lol:

:lol: "you just punched a cupid," "i punched a dick" :lol:

"Twinkie binge" that guy looked like he was about 5 months pregnant ... geez

:eek: Sammy, not sure to feel sorry for him or to :scream: it wasn't his fault afterall, it was Famine's. But then again he was having the urges in the beginning of the season.

:lol: Cas eating White Castle Burgers ...

:lol: at the "for what" at the same time.

Famine was really creepy! I don't know what is creepier old men on Supernatural or kids ...

:lol: Cas with his mouth full

:lol: Did Dean call Cas a Hamburglar?

:lol: "these make me very happy," "how many is that" "lost count it's in the low hundreds" :lol:

Sam :( "wait your turn" that probably shouldn't have made me laugh ...

"hey happy meal" :lol:

Sam's gotten strong enough to excorcise more than one demon at once :wtf:

Dean asking for help :(

---

oh and off topic, but I just had to make that as my icon * points at icon * :guffaw:

Have a great day everyone :)

14. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Good god, if I hadn't been a Dean/Cas fan before this episode, I certainly would be after seeing it. The fact that Dean has Cas on speed dial, the continued invasion of personal space, the eye... "gazing", the fact that Cas glanced at Dean when mentioning "love", Dean's concern for Cas, Cas' concern for Dean... that's right, this episode was fraught with slashiness! And you just can't argue with a word like "fraught"!

I was having so much fun with this episode and then it had to go and CRUSH MY SOUL with the revelation that Dean is basically dead inside. Personally I'd like to think that the Horseman was wrong, that Dean does still have desires, does still WANT, but it doesn't have to do with ravenous consumption or mindless rutting. I think Dean wants a quiet, simple, peaceful life where he can find out who he is outside of all this apocalypse/hunting madness. I don't think that's the kind of desire the Horseman feeds off of so he didn't recognize it.

Well, that's my way of dealing with the super-angst, anyway. I like to think Dean just wants to settle down with a nice house, a reasonable car, a boring job... and a cute angel. :D

15. GregNickRyanFan

Nikki, the "wait your turn" made me chuckle a tiny bit too.

:lol: I was half expecting a little alien to pop out of his stomach and start singing like on Spaceballs. :lol:

I was giggling like a teenager when Cas and Dean did the phone part where they were still talking on the phones while standing in front of each other. :lol: I've actually seen teenagers do that same thing. :lol:

Oh and I just gotta say that the noises Cas was making when Cupid was hugging him were just hilarious and adorable.

Dean's expression/reaction when Cas said Cupid was a Cherub (3rd class) was amusing. He was like :wtf: I don't think he thought cherubs actually existed. :lol:

Tell me about it. I thought from that one clip this episode was going to be so funny, but there were only a few parts... then it went all depresso on us. :lol: And in the end this episode was just utterly depressing. :lol: But Cas stuffing his mouth with burgers was so humorous. :lol: I still don't get the part about Jimmy though cause I thought his soul had left, but whatever. :lol:

I agree with this. Remember a couple eps back when Dean asked Sam if he ever thought about having/wanting a spouse/kids? The look on Dean's face told me that he himself wanted that. Not to mention a season or two ago when he was dreaming about Lisa and Ben. Dean definitely desires a family of his own... but he doesn't crave it like crazy the way the other people were craving things. Part of him thinks there's no need to dwell on that cause it'll never happen for him with the impending Apocalypse and Dean's not sure he'll win... and most hunters just don't get to settle down and all. I think partly the horseman was messing with Dean's head though. I mean demons lie and the horseman isn't exactly good, so he can lie too.

Dean looked so disappointed when Sam walked in with blood on his mouth and used his powers. It's not like he could control it. He couldn't help it anymore than Cas could help being tempted by the raw meat.