Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Busines

So, last night's episode was much better than the last two, but I still can't help but feel the rest of the season was a whole lot better. They're really going to need to rock the finale, if you ask me.

And holy... so I guess Bella is rotting in hell now? Crazy. I wonder if they had that planned all along, or if it was a last minute decision. Despite the fact that I didn't really like her, I can't help but feel it was a little unfair for her to go down that way, especially since they sort of revealed that her father was molesting her (or at least that's how I interpreted the crying little girl with the man entering her room and closing the door behind them).

^^yeah thats what i came to as well. i kind of wanted her to reveal to dean why she sold her soul. i didn't really like bela either, i think most of that was because they never really gave her a chance to be more than just the bitch who causes trouble for our boys. i thought she was awesome last night, kind of made me want to see more. none the less, the episode was awesome, and creepy and i loved it oh so much. i think the finale though, is going to be killer. just from the promo, its going to be good.

iha how crazy io just got finished reading that. it was a great interview and its awesome to see kristen giving the show some love.
this is the best part of the whole interview ha

And then about the finale, "No Rest for the Wicked," I assume Jensen Ackles' character dies and that's the last we'll see of him on the show?
Yes, Jensen wanted to focus on movies, and he wouldn't give me the 25 percent salary kickback I demanded, so he's leaving the series.Chad Michael Murray is joining the cast to replace him, and next year will be like that season on Dukes of Hazzard where it was Vance and Coy instead of Bo and Luke. Everything's gonna be a little bit off, but it'll be good...I think you'll like it.

ahh kripke is so funny

Yeah that was hilarious! I think Kripke must be around my age or just slightly older because all his oldschool references make me laugh and take me back. Everything from "Schoolhouse Rock" to "Synching The Wizard of Oz up to Dark Side of the Moon." I bet all that stuff was actually before either Jared or Jensen's time! :lol:

I think Kripke just turned..32? 33? He's a youngin'. :p

Then again, I'm nowhere near my 30s and I remember Schoolhouse Rock. :lol:

That interview is awesome and Kripke's answer at that question is simply hilarious. I really hope no one saw that as serious and is all up in arms, heh.

About Bela--I read that since they have a smaller budget, they don't have the moola to keep her around so I tend to think it was a last-minute decision as she was supposed to be in the cast. :shrug: Although I would have also liked to have the boys find out why she sold her soul--we can't be the only ones who know she has at least a bit of a soul. I can understand why she had momma and poppa killed.

Maybe she'll somehow help Dean out of hell, if he ends up down there with her? Just a thought...

Holy crap- season finale tonight!!! I'm starting to feel stressed already! I really, really hope we don't have a cliffhanger where we're wondering if Dean is a goner or not. I mean, obviously they're not going to kill him off permanently, but waiting for him to be alive again will make for a stressful summer just the same! :lol:

I think we'll have a cliffhanger. :lol: It's a very Supernatural thing to do. Which sucks.

Ick, I have to work during the finale! Blasted greenhouse and their crazy Thursday working hours. :scream:

Baba said:
I mean, obviously they're not going to kill him off permanently, but waiting for him to be alive again will make for a stressful summer just the same! :lol:

Exactly! I'll explode, I will. I think I would cry if Dean looks onward to the gates of Hell and then it fades to black, heh.

you know they are going to do a cliffhanger, no matter how much i'm going to hate it ha. but it does keep you looking forward to the next season. either way it happenes, i'm full on expecting to get all teary eyed if they do end up killing dean. its going to be aweosme though, just from some of the promos i saw.

My mom asked me if I was going to watch the episode while wearing black. I told her that "Yep, I'm going to wear my nice black dress with black shoes, paint my nails black and wear a black veil." she mumbled and walked the other way. :lol:

Exactly! I'll explode, I will. I think I would cry if Dean looks onward to the gates of Hell and then it fades to black, heh.

Fade to black while the song by Metallica is playing in the background? I think I might laugh. But then again I have a sick sense of humor.

SO I just watched the season finale. OMG IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY. I'm putting it in spoiler tags because the west coast hasn't seen it yet andI don't want to spoil anyone.

But wow. That was intense. This episode had it all. Comedy, Snark, Angst, BRO! LOVE! SO MANY GOOD ONE LINERS!

Bwahaha.. Bobby's "Do I look like a ditchable prom date?" Was just classic.

Dean's always good. His one liners were great! Anti-Christ SuperStar. :lol:

SAM AND DEAN SINGING!! I love jensen's singing so I was so happy to see this. I've never heard Jared singing, but it was awesome, and BON JOVI!! haah the truth comes out. Closet Jovi fan.

When Ruby called Dean a "spineless dick" I thought to myself, "no one has ever had the guts to call him that." and then he punches her and so my next thought was "Now I see why."

And that nighmare at the beginning. I knew right away that it was a nightmare, but I kept thinking was it Sam's but it looked like Dean's... and I was right. Dean isn't known for his nightmares, so this was a pleasant surprise.

And did anyone notice how green the boy's eyes were? Which was nice. I love both Jensen and Jared's eyes, and they just made them shine tonight.

My mind is still reeling right now. Black wardrobe is right.

Anti-Christ Superstar :lol: That might be closer to the truth than we like, especially since Lillith wasn't able to hurt Sam. O-O

And dean *cries* poor guy being tortured like that, just right out of the gate.... no pun intended.

Last edited:

OK, damn them! Could they have left a more tortured image of Dean in my mind for the whole freaking summer?!!! Those bastards! :mad:

:lol: Well, not like we didn't know what was coming. And they finally got back to Sam's Jedi powers- hot damn! Take that Lillith! :lol:

And so, is Ruby gone now too, like Bella? Budget constraints made her role disposable as well? Too bad if so, b/c I sort of liked her actually. Oh, and I wonder if Dean will catch a glimpse of Bella down there? Although that would probably be a bit dumb, I guess. Hell's a big place, I'm guessing.

Speaking of hell, looks like that Hellraiser reference Dean and Ruby discussed was pretty much on the mark. That's exactly what I was thinking when they flashed on Dean at the end. Poor guy!

Anyway, enough of this stream of consciousness rambling... :lol: Overall, it was the best of the last 3 episodes for sure, but it still was only so-so in the end, for me. It had some awesome moments though- how many people aren't going to be gushing over that Bon Jovi bonding moment in the car? That was an awesome fangirl moment, for sure! So, I think the episode could have been better, but it was still pretty good. And personally, I blame any flaws on the stupid writer's strike, which I'm certain made them rush into the finale, which bites.

Poor Dean. This is going to be a long summer!

oh.my.god. thats all i kept saying, and yeah i cried liek i predicted. i can't believe they ended it like that(well yeah i can) that fricken hook through his shoulder so gross.
you i have to say this was probably one of my favorites this season, by far. it was so good. that bon jovi singing? amazing, i knew dean couldn't hate on the bon jovi its just not possible. and i was exctra excited because thats my fave bon jovi song.
and i really hope thats not the last of ruby either, she was awesome and katie cassidy did a pretty bang up job playing her. and that fight scene between her and dean was full of so much bad assery.
sam with his powers, i'm so glad they brought that back into the story because there was no way those could have just went *poof* as soon as yellow eyes died. and bobby, got to love bobby and his prom date analogy. aww and when he told dean family doesn't end with blood, so touching. and the holy water in the sprinkler system?genious.
this ended up hella longer than it was supposed too ha, oh well. it was suuch an great episode.

*ducks holy water and bricks* I didn't like the episode. (though there are definitely parts I loved. I'm lookin' at you, Bon Jovi.) For Kripke to have written this, I thought he would have done a less er, safe? episode. It was very predictable. Wasn't there supposed to be this big 'shocker' at the end of the season? I suppose it was supposed to be that Sammy has his powers still but I kind of guessed that since I don't believe they went bye bye. And I didn't like the ending--NO FADING TO BLACK. Ick. *shrugs* I don't know, I guess I was expecting more.

But I have to say, the Bon Jovi singing was pure gold--and they both sang! You can probably guess they do this on a regular basis off-camera. :lol: And it's weird, I've been saying for a long time that 'Wanted Dead or Alive' suits Dean to a T and they finally used it. :D Wee!

No, no bricks- I agree with you. Kripke usually writes better stuff. And I also agree that there were very few surprises in the episode. While I wouldn't go as far as saying I actually disliked it, it definitely wasn't one of the better ones. But again, I'm going to blame the writer's strike for rushing their storytelling. Isn't that generous of me? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back