Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Business

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Finch, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Re: Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Busines

LMAO ^^

When I first saw Supernatural I seriously thought that Sam was 6'1" and that made Dean like 5'9", and I was like "sweet!" (because I'm 5'1") then I learned the truth and I was just flabbergasted (I'd make Sam look like the Jolly Green Giant if we stood next to each other :lol:)

The thing I love the most about Supernatural is that Eric and the crew base their stories on "real" urban legends. They don't just pull stories out of thin air and run with it. They actually do research on local ghost stories and lore. Which is cool.

I still think they should do an episode based on the Sara Winchester Ghost House. That would be awesome.

2. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

^^ i like that too, its always neat especially when i actually know one of those 'legends' they are reffering to. and i agree with everyone else your avatar is awesome, you did a great job on making it look not-hand held camera-y, i tried forever and all mine looked terrible so kudos.
    i'm anxious to see where deans story line ends, just as long as they don't leave it on a huge cliffhanger(which, lets face it, they probably will). i just can't wait to see what the writers and co. come up with next because this season, all in all has been pretty superb in my opinion.

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Here here, I agree entirely. They've done a great job- especially since from what I read of Eric Kripke's last interview, they were given a "no holds barred" from the producers in terms of funding for the "war", and then after a few episodes were told to stick to the original budget! Heh heh. Poor guy. And apparently they have an even smaller budget for season 4... Pffft. I don't care though- I'm just relieved it got the early pick-up. Even if the CW goes under, I think this place has garnered enough viewers to be picked up by another network, for sure.

4. BabaOReilly

OK, I hate to be posting right after myself but...

Anyway, did anyone else find last nights episode a bit of a letdown? It sort of felt like it just sort of randomly bumbled along, overall. I'm surprised it was directed by Robert Singer actually. Then again, I didn't recognize the writer...

I hope the next two are written by either Kripke or the girls. The last two episodes have been a little ho-hum for me, and I want the season to go out with a bang!

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ Yeah, I felt like it went a little too slow. Like the part where Sam was talking to that young girl after she went after him? Why the heck else would she confront him if 'nothing was wrong'. o_O

And I was a bit surprised to see Sammy with a rental. That's never happened before. :lol: And they got a new Impala. (well, a 'new' old Impala) The trunk doesn't need to be held open by a shotgun anymore and the back end was a little different. :lol: Looked like a '65 SS or a '66. I could be wrong though. Maybe they just fixed the trunk so that Jensen would stop hitting his head on it.

I actually would have liked that call to actually be their dad, Dean find out who held his contract so the episode would...go somewhere. Then again, I already know who holds his contract because of the spoilers, heh.

6. BabaOReilly

You know who has the contract? I have a theory as to who that is, and if I could figure out how to use the "hide spoilers" thingy, I'd tell you, but...

Actually, I guess hypothesizing about who has Dean's contract isn't really a spoiler when I don't actually know who it is, is it? As long as nobody comes on here and confirms or denies it.

So my guess is: Lillith holds Dean's contract. I mean, I can't imagine why else they would have introduced her so late in the season, otherwise, besides having a big blowout with her in the end. What do you guys think? And again- please, if you know who it really is, don't spoil it for the rest of us, thanks! ;)

By the way, did you guys see who won the sexiest siblings in the TV Guide "TV's Sexiest 2008" List? http://www.tvguide.com/special/sexieststars2008/nominees.aspx

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  7. HellsBells

Now, why am I not surprised that Sam and Dean won for sexiest siblings? bwhaa.

:lol: I can so see him talking to Kripke: "Dude, PLEASE, I'm begging you, can we please fix the damn thing? I don't know how my more bumps my head can handle."

Last night's episode was OK. At least we are moving in the right direction, you know saving Dean?

I did love the scene where Dean is talking to Sam about their dad calling and Dean's like "What do I say when he calls back?" and all Sam can think to say is "Hello?" Which makes Dean so flabergasted he has to leave. Then they go back to that scene at the end where Dean's having his "revelation" and all Sam can say is "And me." and Dean is like "AND ME? Are you kidding me? I'm going through my deep revelation and all you can say is 'And me.'" It was hilarious.

Oh, and the scene where Dean is cleaning is wounds and Sam walks in and they both look at each other:
    Dean: "I see someone added to your face." (OR something similar)
    Sam: "Right back at ya."

8. Finch

Well I read it at Futon Critic. Not gonna give anything away though.. :p (Don't the spoiler tags work the same as UBB? :shrug: )

LOL, definitely not surprised to see Sam & Dean as the sexiest siblings. Now if only they recieved an actual award plus maybe an Emmy or People's Choice or something. :p

^ Heather, when you said 'deep revelation', I read it as 'sleep deprevation' and was about to ask "when did Dean have sleep deprevation? I thought that was Sam" LOL.

9. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

it does not surprise me at all. they really are quitre sexy. and holy shitaki mushroom sticks, did youall check out the pics of jared? sheez, he was looking good. and i'm not even a sammy girl.
    i really like the episode, some of it was a little slow moving but all in all i thought it was really good. i also would have liked it if their dad had actually been the one on the phone, i don't know it would have been nice to see a little glimmer of hope for dean. i was so touched at the end when he was telling sammy he was scared. i love when we get to see their sensitive sides.
    ha that made me lol for real

10. BabaOReilly

OK, I just watched the preview for this week's episode and man oh man... Am I mistaken or is Sammy in deep doo doo? Looks like a good one!

And, is there just one left after this week? I hope there's some good tie in during this week's episode because it's getting near Miller Time for Dean! :eek:

11. Finch

Ugh, I'm so sad I'll be working when the finale airs. I told work I couldn't work Thursdays. :p

I haven't seen the promo yet for this week for some reason so I'll have to check it out. And yep, there's one week after this week--which makes me sad. If only they could hold off the finale until two weeks from now so I'm not working. :lol:

So apparently next season they have an even smaller budget? Ick. That's just not fair. Methinks the execs over at The CW aren't big fans of Supernatural, which is just plain idiotic because Supernatural and Smallville are contributing heavily to the network. I heard that Reaper and Gossip Girl are failing pretty badly so why the jab in the back to Supernatural? I'm still miffed about the lack of publicity for the show, it should be illegal.

12. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

^^yeah, and you know what sucks even more, next year the majority of their campaign is going to be centered around gossip girl. its a good show but come on, its not the only show on the network. if they spent even 1/2 the amount of money promoting supernatural as they do gossip girl, that would make a world of difference.
    that sucks about you having to work, i hope you don't end up missing the episode completely. i can't wait though to see where this deal with dean goes, knowing the show it wouldn't suprise me if they left it off in some huge cliffhanger.

13. Finch

^ Yeah, it's insane. A bit part of me hopes The CW will pull a WB and go kappootz so someone else can pick up the good shows. For example, CBS or Fox. Besides, I think CBS owns The CW anyway. It's really sad. In all the time I've been watching The CW, Supernatural gets a promo before the new episode, and a promo after the new episode for next week. That's all I ever see yet Gossip Girl and Reaper get constant promos throughout the week. *sigh*

Heh, unfortunately, I'll be missing the entire episode. I work from 4-9 that day and Supernatural is on at 7. I could always watch it at 10 if I'm not too exausted. And it definitely wouldn't surprise me to see a cliffhanger either--which would make me a bit irritable for a few weeks. :lol: That would be so evil.

14. BabaOReilly

I think that is the problem actually- the network isn't doing so well, and they'll be focusing their $$$ on what they perceive as the more marketable programs- i.e. the standard dramas that appeal to the demographic they're going for. And unfortunately, while sci fi shows tend to have huge followings, they're always considered more "underground" because those shows are still not considered seriously. It's a shame that having a little imagination in your programming is not better cultivated. And I find it appalling that more people watch all these crappy reality shows- those are no-brainers that require so little innovation or actual imagination. It's sad to me that people would rather watch real people treat each other like crap in order to win big bucks, rather than see some quality, well thought out and well-acted dramas, sci-fi shows, comedies, etc. I mean, I think Arrested Development was brilliantly written and acted, but it was too "complex" for viewers, apparently. And that's just one example of quality programming that got the boot. Thank god they brought Family Guy back!

Although technically, maybe I should be grateful- with less to watch these days, I spend a lot more time outside! :lol:

15. HellsBells

:lol: Yeah, I'm surprised that during the writer's strike I didn't hear a news report about how the kids of America are getting out more and that obesity has dropped 5% since last year at the same time. I was fully expecting to see that.

Maybe it was because the writer's strike was during the winter months?

I really wish that the CW would realize that Supernatural could be such a major hit with the audiences- If they promote it more. I was at a movie premiere a couple of weeks ago that was sponsered by The CW and the executive that was there promoting CW was promoting gossip girl, beauty and the geek, and some other show. This was on a Wednesday, and they went through the entire lineup for NEXT WEEK and didn't even once mention Supernatural.. Even though the show was premiering the NEXT NIGHT. That could have been an easy promotion but they didn't do it. *sigh*

I saw the promo for tomorrow (yay! Thursday's here! Thursday for the rest of the world is my friday.. so partay!) but I still don't know what's going on. :lol: I guess that's the best way to do it though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.